• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ?

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
People did not lie or mislead Ford on the survey. If you picked the Pro in the survey, the response you got from Ford was to pick another trim because that one was already sold out. Pick another trim or cancel your order. They will not differ your reservation for MY24. There has definitely been a lot of misleading going on since the Lightning was introduced and its all been done by Ford and their dealers!
Exactly right! I was being sarcastic in my earlier post.
Sponsored

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
If I've ordered an XLT on 9/7 ...and the order was accepted by the dealer,

NO OPTIONS!

Would it likely be a late 2022 or early 2023 delivery even without being a priority order?

Last edited:

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Would it likely be a late 2022 or early 2023 delivery even without being a priority order?
We should know soon. My dealer told me this morning he thinks we will see production scheduling starting next week... Cross your fingers we bottom dwelling cheap ass XLT buyers will see a run of some before 2023. I ordered a XLT SR 8/11.
Cheers for some good luck

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
We should know soon. My dealer told me this morning he thinks we will see production scheduling starting next week... Cross your fingers we bottom dwelling cheap ass XLT buyers will see a run of some before 2023. I ordered a XLT SR 8/11.
Cheers for some good luck
I figure I'm special ...to be allowed to order an XLT.

Hopefully, ordering SR will be built first (if because batteries are the limiting factor):oops:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
🤷‍♂️

There are people who ordered in January that just got pushed to MY23. Who knows.

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Based on my experience with the 2022 Lightning, your order may get smoothly pushed down the assembly line, travel uninterrupted on rail, and be delivered as early as this year before the end of 2022.

To compare: @sotek2345 's order and mine were on the same week in April, same trim (Lariat) but different options & battery.

Mine was an SR Lariat - no options - built in record time: 29 days from production (June) to delivery (July).

@sotek2345 has been delayed in the build and delivery is later this month or next.

So it can vary greatly depending on what you order, if options are slowing down assembly, how smoothly it goes down the assembly line and if there are any rail interruptions.

Tom, feel free to chime in....

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Based on my experience with the 2022 Lightning, your order may get smoothly pushed down the assembly line, travel uninterrupted on rail, and be delivered as early as this year before the end of 2022.

To compare: @sotek2345 's order and mine were on the same week in April, same trim (Lariat) but different options & battery.

Mine was an SR Lariat - no options - built in record time: 29 days from production (June) to delivery (July).

@sotek2345 has been delayed in the build and delivery is later this month or next.

So it can vary greatly depending on what you order, if options are slowing down assembly, how smoothly it goes down the assembly line and if there are any rail interruptions.

Tom, feel free to chime in....
Only thing I will add is that I think you are the outlier and not me. Your order was exceptionally fast!

Today was my blend date though so Woot! Woot!

So far it looks to be about 4-5 weeks from scheduled "Build week" to delivery as long as you don't hit a chip hold or some other issue. Given that MY2023 production starts the week of 10/17, that gives you a little margin for getting a delivery this year. I would say if you are scheduled in the first ~4 weeks you have shot.

Now we can look at probabilities. Ford is trying to make ~80k trucks for MY2023. They are still ramping production, so lets say they can hit 1k trucks / week in October (higher than they have to date). If the scheduling is random, that gives you a ~5% chance of getting your trucks this calendar year. Just being realistic.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Only thing I will add is that I think you are the outlier and not me. Your order was exceptionally fast!

Today was my blend date though so Woot! Woot!

So far it looks to be about 4-5 weeks from scheduled "Build week" to delivery as long as you don't hit a chip hold or some other issue. Given that MY2023 production starts the week of 10/17, that gives you a little margin for getting a delivery this year. I would say if you are scheduled in the first ~4 weeks you have shot.

Now we can look at probabilities. Ford is trying to make ~80k trucks for MY2023. They are still ramping production, so lets say they can hit 1k trucks / week in October (higher than they have to date). If the scheduling is random, that gives you a ~5% chance of getting your trucks this calendar year. Just being realistic.
Nice to hear from you!

Yes, my order and @XLT Jeffy were on the super fast track as we both got ours the same week with exact build times.

So just getting a blend date now means you should receive your '22 Lightning by November ?

On your window sticker, how many others are scheduled for build?
I was 412 out of 698 total for that week.

Wondering if Ford has ramped up production with a larger number than my week.

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE. 2023 F-150 Lightning
I received the email from @Ford Motor Company on Wednesday at 6:31 PM to order my Lightning. I went to the website later that evening. The Pro model was sold out (as expected), so I configured an XLT. Hit the order button around midnight. Discover card payment for $1,000.00 confirmed. (I have screenshots to confirm all this.)

I didn't get any confirming email, so called the dealer on Thursday. They pushed to me an email for final customer confirmation, but every time I clicked on the link in the email, the website took me back to the main Lightning order window, now showing the XLT was sold out.

Dealer said nothing they could do to free up my order and recommended that I call Ford. I called Ford customer service (who could see my submitted order), but said nothing they could do and I should contact my dealer.

So now my order is stuck in Ford's ordering system. Both my dealer and Ford can see my order in the system, but neither can finalize it. I'm stuck in a Catch-22. I'm mostly posting this to vent my frustration, while also hoping against all odds that @Ford Motor Company might see this and come to my rescue. Any other recommendations?

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
So now my order is stuck in Ford's ordering system. Both my dealer and Ford can see my order in the system, but neither can finalize it. I'm stuck in a Catch-22. I'm mostly posting this to vent my frustration, while also hoping against all odds that @Ford Motor Company might see this and come to my rescue. Any other recommendations?
I'd keep calling Ford until you find the rep that can do something about it.

If you've paid your deposit you should be able to get the truck you configured.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Nice to hear from you!

Yes, my order and @XLT Jeffy were on the super fast track as we both got ours the same week with exact build times.

So just getting a blend date now means you should receive your '22 Lightning by November ?

On your window sticker, how many others are scheduled for build?
I was 412 out of 698 total for that week.

Wondering if Ford has ramped up production with a larger number than my week.
I am number 395 of 695.

They have been speeding up deliveries a bit. Seems to be running 4 to 6 weeks from build week, so I am hoping for mid October as long as I don't get caught ina. Chip hold.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT someday
I am also on the waiting list for a Vinfast VF8. In the time since I ordered, they have been in constant contact and have even called me twice - SAME GUY BOTH TIMES - to see if I have any questions. When the IRA passed, they guaranteed the $7500 tax credit, and if I don't get it due to the law or the IRS, they will pay it!

Customer service is possible. Whether I ever buy a Vinfast or not, I am left feeling like a new company from the other side of the world values my business - and is able to show me that they do - more than Ford does.

Billgeffert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone heard when the next order wave will open?
Sponsored