• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone recognized but CarPlay won't start. I've tried everything I know...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Got in the truck this morning. Connected phone via USB (as I always do, I don't have wireless CarPlay enabled) and everything was fine.
Next time I got in truck, CarPlay won't work. Here's what I see:
Plug phone in, phone vibrates and starts to charge. On screen, notification displays that my phone is recognized.
CarPlay never starts though. Unplugged, and plugged back in, no change.
Rest Sync.
No change.
Deleted my phone from Sync (as well as deleted the truck entry from CarPlay on my phone.
Plug back in, get all the right messages, including Sync asking me if I want to enable CarPlay for this phone and my phone asking my that questions about access.
Phone shows up in list on Sync.
Still no CarPlay. Try to manual connect to CarPlay in the Sync phone menu and it just spins, never getting any further.
Anyone else?
I tried searching the forum, found some other issues but nothing like mine.
Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Got in the truck this morning. Connected phone via USB (as I always do, I don't have wireless CarPlay enabled) and everything was fine.
Next time I got in truck, CarPlay won't work. Here's what I see:
Plug phone in, phone vibrates and starts to charge. On screen, notification displays that my phone is recognized.
CarPlay never starts though. Unplugged, and plugged back in, no change.
Rest Sync.
No change.
Deleted my phone from Sync (as well as deleted the truck entry from CarPlay on my phone.
Plug back in, get all the right messages, including Sync asking me if I want to enable CarPlay for this phone and my phone asking my that questions about access.
Phone shows up in list on Sync.
Still no CarPlay. Try to manual connect to CarPlay in the Sync phone menu and it just spins, never getting any further.
Anyone else?
I tried searching the forum, found some other issues but nothing like mine.
Any help is appreciated.
I haven’t had this issue, but did have connectivity issues with Wireless CarPlay that were solved by rebooting the Sync4A. Have you tried that?

OP
OP
ZeroOptionLightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I haven’t had this issue, but did have connectivity issues with Wireless CarPlay that were solved by rebooting the Sync4A. Have you tried that?
Rebooting is the same as the reset thing right? Holding power and track forward for 10 seconds?
I did that.
I have, in the past with a different issue, been walked through some sort of module reset tat hilariously involved opening the driver side door. But I don't think any of that affects Sync.
I'm annoyed and at this point going to pull the neg terminal on the battery for a dirty, hard reset of the whole truck.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Rebooting is the same as the reset thing right? Holding power and track forward for 10 seconds?
I did that.
I have, in the past with a different issue, been walked through some sort of module reset tat hilariously involved opening the driver side door. But I don't think any of that affects Sync.
I'm annoyed and at this point going to pull the neg terminal on the battery for a dirty, hard reset of the whole truck.
Yep, that is what I was suggesting…I have no other ideas other than call the Sync Help Line🤔

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
When this happens to me, I just press and hold Vol- and Next song until the screen reboots. It will connect after that for me every time. It tends to dislike me getting in and out of the truck at various stops while my wife waits inside with the dogs. In the future we are going to get her phone connected for the music and such, because wireless android auto/car play in this vehicle has been an absolute failure.

Sponsored

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Isn't there a setting under the Entertainment menu to turn on CarPlay? I had the same issue, found the toggle and it's been working. At times it does take a few seconds to come on, but it eventually does. Give that a try.
Sponsored