• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
That was the normal offer from Granger, at least at one point. Don't know if it still is. It was not a result of my negotiation skills! haha
They have some of the best prices on any Ford vehicle and no BS. Their biggest issue is that they got screwed when Ford changed the allocation model to not be based on the number of reservations, presumably due to pressure from other dealers who wanted to continue price gouging their customers.
Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Well at least you and Grainger are proof of how it should be done. Believe me, I will use you as an example if my dealer plays dumb
Yep, that's why I posted it, so others can use this knowledge to their advantage if/when their dealers try to avoid giving both discounts.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
They have some of the best prices on any Ford vehicle and no BS. Their biggest issue is that they got screwed when Ford changed the allocation model to not be based on the number of reservations, presumably due to pressure from other dealers who wanted to continue price gouging their customers.
Yep, Granger was stealing too many [profitable Bronco] sales from the big dealers and they complained. No way anyone can convince me otherwise.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Yep, Granger was stealing too many [profitable Bronco] sales from the big dealers and they complained. No way anyone can convince me otherwise.
Agreed. I switched my Bronco reservation to them after giving my local dealer who I have a service relationship with for over 20 years every chance to make a deal. I never did order the Bronco, partly because the lightning came out :)

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
did my daily ford chat, nothing new. Last update was received in New Boston, MI, ETA is TBD.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
That was the normal offer from Granger, at least at one point. Don't know if it still is. It was not a result of my negotiation skills! haha
Regardless, you may have the cheapest Lightning ever made, so congratulations, and thanks for the good news about Granger's ordering process.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
First, my dealer did a good job and I’m happy with them. They did hit me with a $599 ”protection” package but otherwise it was straight MSRP. But they did try to sell me an extended warranty. It was added to the financing and when I totaled it up it was over $8k. I showed them what Granger was offering for the extended warranty and all of the finance people gathered around a computer and looked it up. The finance guy came back and said never mind, we can’t touch that.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Regardless, you may have the cheapest Lightning ever made, so congratulations, and thanks for the good news about Granger's ordering process.
Hadn’t thought of that! But yeah, could be, if nobody else bought a Pro from Granger. I was #6 in line at Granger originally, so it’s possible. We’re feeling very fortunate to have gotten one at all as well as how quickly it was delivered.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for delivery and dealing with dealers!

Last edited:

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Well, they just kicked my delivery window again. Was Nov. 19-25, then it was Nov. 21-27, now it's Nov. 25-Dec. 1. Hopefully this is the last one of those revisions. I was really hoping to go pick up the Christmas tree in a "pickup." It'll be my first truck in more than 15 years. May be strapping it to the top of the SUV instead. It's getting uncomfortably close to when that railroad strike may start, tentatively Dec. 5-9. I know that's going to wreak havoc if it happens.

Sponsored

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Build group 10/24/2022
Occupation
Property Mgmt
Picked up the Truck last night, dealer matched Granger ESP price but did not get the following at delivery: a Hardcopy of owner's manual, tow/tech package sticker, 30amp mobile power cord (got an email saying it was part of the order) but I didn't order it, so it would have been a bonus anyway.

Does anyone else miss those items too?

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Picked up the Truck last night, dealer matched Granger ESP price but did not get the following at delivery: a Hardcopy of owner's manual, tow/tech package sticker, 30amp mobile power cord (got an email saying it was part of the order) but I didn't order it, so it would have been a bonus anyway.

Does anyone else miss those items too?
What's ESP?

Haven't received my truck, but assumed I wouldn't get the mobile power cord since it's listed as a $500 option for 2023, but Ford's communication on that has been the dictionary definition of "mixed messages". What's the "tow/tech package sticker"?

Jajar1124

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 VW Atlas
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 93139993-29C0-468C-9946-E30B0CAA2830

Anyone know if the shipping info populates on this once it hits a rail car?
Sponsored