• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Looks like wave 7 opened today, will end Feb 9th. No XLT this round. Prices look the same:

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023MY Lightning Order Invite Wave 7 open 1674169895134
Sponsored

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
Confirmed on the invite, and surprised since I recently received an email saying to expect early summer ordering. I got the invite today. Late July reservation. Will be ordering a Lariat ER. Time to choose a few options!

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Will be ordering a Lariat ER. Time to choose a few options!
Note they broke out the "partitioned, lockable fold-flat storage" as a stand-alone option in the 2023 Order Guide but the website order tool still (incorrectly) shows it as included in the 511A package. So if you want that option you need to choose it for $225. I like it and would order it again. It can't be added later.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Confirmed on the invite, and surprised since I recently received an email saying to expect early summer ordering. I got the invite today. Late July reservation. Will be ordering a Lariat ER. Time to choose a few options!
I was also surprised since my reservation was late October and Ford had originally stated that I would be invited in late Summer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
It was the same in Wave 6 - no Pro or XLT...
Actually in Wave 6 (which started 12/15), the XLT was available for two days. Plenty of screenshots and posts showing that. That caused speculation that subsequent waves may have the XLT available for a day or two as well.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Note they broke out the "partitioned, lockable fold-flat storage" as a stand-alone option in the 2023 Order Guide but the website order tool still (incorrectly) shows it as included in the 511A package. So if you want that option you need to choose it for $225. I like it and would order it again. It can't be added later.
Yep, the missing fold flat storage is irksome... Anyway, the truck is great. Out of curiosity, are the power-deploy running boards an option this time around. It seems those were only offered in wave 4, maybe 5. I have a set on order for my truck, but can't seem to get any ETA...

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Actually in Wave 6 (which started 12/15), the XLT was available for two days. Plenty of screenshots and posts showing that. That caused speculation that subsequent waves may have the XLT available for a day or two as well.
Ugh... I let the invite sit for 4 days and would have preferred a XLT. Now I get the Lariat :cool:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Yep, the missing fold flat storage is irksome... Anyway, the truck is great. Out of curiosity, are the power-deploy running boards an option this time around. It seems those were only offered in wave 4, maybe 5. I have a set on order for my truck, but can't seem to get any ETA...
Yes, power running boards are an option, but when I selected to add it, it required the ER battery package.

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Out of curiosity, are the power-deploy running boards an option this time around. It seems those were only offered in wave 4, maybe 5. I have a set on order for my truck, but can't seem to get any ETA...
Yes they are appearing on the order page for $255: This is for Platinum. Can't order a Lariat for some reason tonight (it's timing out) :oops:.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2023MY Lightning Order Invite Wave 7 open 1674189151983

Sponsored

NCblufoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer Limited; 2004 Honda S2000
I was in the Wave 5 ordering group and i added the power deployable running boards to my order. I am in the 12-19-2022 build week and there was no delay in my build with the power running boards added.

The Ford build and price still shows them as a selectable accessory item. I would recommend adding them if it is what you want.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I was in the Wave 5 ordering group and i added the power deployable running boards to my order. I am in the 12-19-2022 build week and there was no delay in my build with the power running boards added.

The Ford build and price still shows them as a selectable accessory item. I would recommend adding them if it is what you want.
Yeah, I was 2023 wave 2 (August) and they were not an option at the time. Not selectable in the system on my end, nor for the dealership trying to enter/confirm the order. And we kept checking as Ford would change things up -- they made me confirm the scales and smart hitch delete after my order was submitted with them, for example. The scales removal option to check was not there when I placed my order, just a rumor circulating that the scales would be removed.

Anyway, I took delivery in December. I have a set of the factory ones on order. Actually ordered them before my truck even shipped. Just no ETA or any word about them from Ford. I chose to go the factory route because they're cheaper than the AMP PowerStep XL that fit the Lightning. The AMP's are functionally equivalent, but I like the look of the factory ones better. AMP made the step and top cover they fold into kinda large. It is the XL I guess... And the AMP ones are on back-order too.

...Just a shame I couldn't add them to my original order for the $255.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Going through the order process now and wondering if there has been a silent, small, price increase.

The base price remains the same (Lariat ER). But the process no longer shows item deletions like heated steering wheel with credit, nor scales, etc.. So, with no credit line, have they effectively raised the price by the cost of those former credits?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Going through the order process now and wondering if there has been a silent, small, price increase.

The base price remains the same (Lariat ER). But the process no longer shows item deletions like heated steering wheel with credit, nor scales, etc.. So, with no credit line, have they effectively raised the price by the cost of those former credits?
I think you're looking at it wrong. When I build it w/o options I see the onboard scales removal is selected and there is a 650 credit under options.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2023MY Lightning Order Invite Wave 7 open 1674237105404

And the next page shows options at 10,850 which is the 511A price of 11,500 minus the 650.
The heated steering wheel delete is not shown thus no credit for that. Ford may end up deleting it when time to build and I'm sure you'll get the credit then.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023MY Lightning Order Invite Wave 7 open 1674237141698
Sponsored