• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jernat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry hybrid, Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Curious, why the straight ones and not the angled? I’ve never had them before so I don’t know.
The straight ones are what they recommended for back end. The angled are for the front or middle. I don’t see an issue using them for the back. Now that I know the angle ones work, I will just keep the straight ones since they have the same weight rating. Retracted you cannot tell difference.
Sponsored

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Curious, why the straight ones and not the angled? I’ve never had them before so I don’t know.
I got the angled and would highly recommend the angled. They sit flush just the same.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I created a dedicated post with photos for anyone interested in installing a battery disconnect switch:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...sconnect-switch-installation-with-pics.14179/

I installed the Bullring model 4025 today as well. Had them on my previous trucks. No brainer accessory.
2023-01-21 14.52.21.jpg
It's a great accessory on most trucks! It will become almost useless though once Ford fixes the modem issue...

The HVB constantly monitors and tops off the LVB. There isn't the same concern of leaving these trucks sitting and having the LVB go bad from a slow drain.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
It's a great accessory on most trucks! It will become almost useless though once Ford fixes the modem issue...

The HVB constantly monitors and tops off the LVB. There isn't the same concern of leaving these trucks sitting and having the LVB go bad from a slow drain.
Well, not exactly….at least on mine. The failure of the modules to sufficiently charge my LVB from my HVB was the reason for my truck’s failure to auto-install the 22-PU1009-MIL-DTE OTA update. I had to force my truck to sufficiently charge my LVB to 94% SoC for the update to occur.

I’ve seen LVB SoCs as low as 50% parked off my FCSP and in the 75-80% range while making short trips around town (I’ve made no electrical system mods). The last time I measured it took 1 1/2 hours of driving for my LVB to go from 80% to 91% SoC…where it maxed out until I forced it while L2 charging…..

….but, this is all a topic for another thread…….🤔

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Well, not exactly….at least on mine. The failure of the modules to sufficiently charge my LVB from my HVB was the reason for my truck’s failure to auto-install the 22-PU1009-MIL-DTE OTA update. I had to force my truck to sufficiently charge my LVB to 94% SoC for the update to occur.

I’ve seen LVB SoCs as low as 50% parked off my FCSP and in the 75-80% range while making short trips around town (I’ve made no electrical system mods). The last time I measured it took 1 1/2 hours of driving for my LVB to go from 80% to 91% SoC…where it maxed out until I forced it while L2 charging…..

The update bug is also being fixed in February from what I heard. Ford set too high of a threshold needed on the LVB for updates to occur. That should solve that need for disconnecting.

His install is clean and I'm in no way knocking the disconnect, I still have it on my old Ranger. I was just mentioning that the way the Lightning's HVB and LVB operate there shouldn't be a need for it on these trucks once our software/firmware get updated.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
can anyone answer how i use my Ford Points to purchase the ambient light cupholder and glove box light. Its available through my Ford dealer website but I dont see where i can use my points

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
can anyone answer how i use my Ford Points to purchase the ambient light cupholder and glove box light. Its available through my Ford dealer website but I dont see where i can use my points
For now, with most dealers, the only way to use points would be to go into the dealer to place the order. There's a couple dealers online (Fairway Ford, Ruxer are a couple I've come across) that will accept points for online orders. Starting January 30 you will be able to pay with points on the Ford Accessories website.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I bought online from my local dealer since the parts cost less online. When I went in to purchase I asked if I could use points. He said it had already hit the credit card. But he said I could call after I order next time and he could change the payment method to points. I’m not totally convinced he could or would. So worth a conversation.
After Jan 30 I hope parts.com takes points like accessories.com is supposed to.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer

How / where are you finding LBV SoC? Thanks.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
How / where are you finding LBV SoC? Thanks.
Make that How / Where are you finding LVB ... Low Voltage Battery ... State of Charge?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Make that How / Where are you finding LVB ... Low Voltage Battery ... State of Charge?
Car Scanner App on your phone and OBDII reader, either Wifi or Bluetooth, what ever you prefer to pair with your phone. One thing to think about is if you have an iPhone and use CarPlay you can't use Wifi because CarPlay uses the wifi connection.

Last edited:

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Car Scanner App on your phone and OBDII reader, either Wifi or Bluetooth, what ever you prefer to pair with your phone. One thing to think about is if you have an iPhone and use CarPlay you can use Wifi because CarPlay uses the wifi connection.
Thanks for the information! I have an old hard-wired OBD scanner and need to upgrade. I assume you are referring to the Car Scanner ELM OBD 2 app? Which specific (high quality) OBD2 adapter would you recommend? I use an iPhone.
Sponsored