• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Update AGAIN: FIxed my third and last string into the inverter this AM, got an L1N overvoltage fault (even though all 3 strings are within spec of the 50-450 operating voltage for the inverter) My guess is this is software related because 2 strings ran at 300v last evening.

Once this is fixed and my EVSE is connected and is backing up the house, i'll be done with this stuff for a while.
Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
What do you guys do if you keep downloading updates but the system never actually updates?

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 913AF0F1-5872-4A2E-9E44-EFAE60084B94

Tonitrus

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I am starting a new post on this subject since the existing post on this subject was under charging and the subject was slightly different...

It's been a journey on getting a solar system installed and getting the Home Integration System set up without SunRun being the installer. It has NOT been easy. It has not been clearly messaged to others. Ford has some opportunities here and I am sure I am not alone in the journey (@Wombat and @tommolog I know are also going through this journey).

Aside from a delay in my solar install which was done last week which was holding up my charger installation (pay the electricians once, right?!), we (the electrician and I ) are deep into this now. We have both gone through the SunRun SOP Installation documentation and have the M Professional app, etc... The hardware is properly connected. The charger is working (its not yet received the update, but fingers crossed that happens soon so I can stop receiving those messages). Its set at 80Amp BTW. I have the charge station pro connected to my account and ready to go. I have the HIS installed and added to my truck and it shows it. The only thing that is missing I believe is the connection the FordPass app because when I do a system check, it says the HIS is not ready. I honestly think thats the only thing... SO frustrating... After spending roughly $7500K for emergency backup with the truck, it's held up due to software... Can you help @Ford Motor Company? I will follow with the pictures...
Wow that set up was very nicely done!

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
The Delta Tech's have never seen the errors I have before. They attempted to force the software update and encountered the error. So the software for this unit is written in China they said. They can't do anything here in the states. They need to wait until China wakes up, and have them either remote into my inverter and fix it, or at the least, remote in to assess the situation and fix some settings.

Now I feel like I overpaid for this.

Edit: Update - Delta is going to authorize an RMA once AEE solar gives me the case number. Looks like I need a new inverter. Actually wasn't too hard to work with the Delta tech. There were only 2 of them I've worked with over the course of this 2 week trouble shooting and they're very smart people but overworked. We will see how this works out and how long I'll be without solar production.

Edit: New HIS is on the way from AEE solar. The inverter is defective.

Last edited:

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Got the new inverter yesterday (got a whole kit, they only ship as a kit). And we put it in today. It worked flawlessly. The last one wouldn’t even take an update. This one took it, makes killer solar energy, more than my Tesla inverter.

Now I just need to make sure the truck backs up the house.

What are you guys using to see the check mark things on the app? I have literally never seen that where everyone has the check marks but were missing one?

Sponsored
OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Got the new inverter yesterday (got a whole kit, they only ship as a kit). And we put it in today. It worked flawlessly. The last one wouldn’t even take an update. This one took it, makes killer solar energy, more than my Tesla inverter.

Now I just need to make sure the truck backs up the house.

What are you guys using to see the check mark things on the app? I have literally never seen that where everyone has the check marks but were missing one?
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...backup-power-without-sunrun.12564/post-310803

IdahoSpud is the only one Inhave seen on here that has a working non SunRun installed system functioning. Welcome to the club of those without the final âś…

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) FCFE0CB1-56B8-456E-95EA-EDC5C4CC7C0B

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
My system has been working for a while now. I actually believe it was the first in this thread.

Under the ChargeStationPro you should see the following:

IMG_5131.jpeg
Yeah I have all that too…

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) FD6F4852-D098-4B7F-A315-C0D519641F3F

Sponsored

Aminorjourney

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Chevrolet Bolt EV Premiere, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
I make dumb videos about awesome cars.
Given some of the hostility I’ve received in other social media platforms connected to the F150 Lightning, I’ve held off mentioning things here, but in terms of our truck, we have a different theory why things aren’t working…. And SunRun is STILL blaming everything else.

Apparently engineers are planning to visit, but we have only the first and third check mark working… and we’ve had no actual “in anger” use of the system yet.
It’s so maddening, and if they don’t sort it soon, my wife will likely start to get very

After 10 Months and 20k Miles, Is Our F150 Lightning Still OK?

HIS stuff near the end of the video…(about 20 mins in)

RTanton

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Platinum
Given some of the hostility I’ve received in other social media platforms connected to the F150 Lightning, I’ve held off mentioning things here, but in terms of our truck, we have a different theory why things aren’t working…. And SunRun is STILL blaming everything else.

Apparently engineers are planning to visit, but we have only the first and third check mark working… and we’ve had no actual “in anger” use of the system yet.
It’s so maddening, and if they don’t sort it soon, my wife will likely start to get very

Nikki, thanks for posting here as well as on your YouTube channel. Other than Tom Moloughney's HIS it doesn't appear that any of us have a successful installation. We opted for a SunRun install and added 8 of their panels to add to our current 21 SunPower panels. Our HIS will only function when we disconnect the SunRun panels from the system. Our system was installed on August and we are still awaiting a solution.

v2h8484

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

Wow ... Internet connectivity required in a backup power product. Ford needs to get rid of SunRun.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
The biggest issue I am having is depending on the day, the ford charge station pro will retain internet connectivity, and the next day, it won’t. From what I’m told, theres an update coming to the charger for that. But no one knows anything about the consistency at least, of the functioning of the HIS.

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER, Polestar 2, e-tron & Bolt
The biggest issue I am having is depending on the day, the ford charge station pro will retain internet connectivity, and the next day, it won’t. From what I’m told, theres an update coming to the charger for that. But no one knows anything about the consistency at least, of the functioning of the HIS.
My original charger was just replaced for this exact issue to include the cost of the electrician to perform the swap. I was able to isolate the problem to the WiFi module. Whole process took about 10 days, including reimbursement.
Sponsored