• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gaming reservation dealer to get a wave invite

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok Granger has confirmed what many on this forum have been saying for a month. An order with allocation can currently be moved from an ADM dealer to another dealer and be built.

It would be poetic justice if the ADM dealer also loses their allocation for violating Fords guidance on not selling over MSRP.

If you see a large ADM call and move to another dealer before you confirm the order. It is working so I would stop begging these ADM chuckleheads to drop their ADM’s. They have already tried to screw you once why give them another chance at delivery.

I would quit asking questions and move your order if you haven't confirmed it. It is only a matter of time before the big dealers raise hell and get Ford to stop this policy like they did with the Bronco.
How does this effect future allocations at the transfered dealer? Does Granger lose an allocation in a subsequent wave?
Sponsored

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
How does this effect future allocations at the transfered dealer? Does Granger lose an allocation in a subsequent wave?
Great Question. I can't see it hurting Granger's allocation as they didn't solicit the Ford customer to move their order to them.

It would the highest level of BS if Ford strips allocations from a dealer not charging an ADM to take care of a dealer attempting to add on a 30K ADM. Not to mention the ADM dealer is violating the memo that Ford pushed out and Farley is singing the praises of.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
We were just able to confirm this again. After accepting a wave invitation if you call Ford's Customer Service an order can be switched.
Thank you. I’ve been trying to say this for a couple of weeks now. If you get an invite, as long as the trim and options are available for a build you will get your Lightning no matter what dealer you choose as long as it’s EV certified. You don’t go to the “back of the line” as others want to believe.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Thank you. I’ve been trying to say this for a couple of weeks now. If you get an invite, as long as the trim and options are available for a build you will get your Lightning no matter what dealer you choose as long as it’s EV certified. You don’t go to the “back of the line” as others want to believe.
That confusion was coming from Ford's own customer service line. Not at all what we're wanting to believe--happy to have made the leap and ordered through Granger. Answer I was getting from Ford was completely different once I had a case number from trying to escalate the issue. Each time I've spoken with someone they've seemed certain on their stance.

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Btw, notes on transferring:

1. Tell the CS rep "Granger" and not "Granger Ford". The "Ford" causes the dealer number to not pull up during the switch.
2. They advise that it could be the next wave invite before the new dealer could see it in their system. For me, however, the order was accepted the next day.
3. Dealer update on the website was immediate.
4. Reservation deposit is refunded.
5. It feels soooo good to leave a dealer trying to charge ADM for having done no work and having repeatedly told you there would be no ADM.

Hoping Ford is learning from these complaints and actually reducing allocations to these dealers. If a dealer like Granger or Chapman wants to make their money on volume orders at a slight discount, let them. Let customer choice dictate where vehicles are going instead of propping up the dealers who are giving Ford and the dealer model a bad rep.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
That confusion was coming from Ford's own customer service line. Not at all what we're wanting to believe--happy to have made the leap and ordered through Granger. Answer I was getting from Ford was completely different once I had a case number from trying to escalate the issue. Each time I've spoken with someone they've seemed certain on their stance.
It is great that you were able to move your order.

The clues are there but you certainly need to read between the lines.

I bet that if someone has to call during the next wave that they get the same vague answer. Ford is being very careful not to make it appear as if they are endorsing you moving your order. They have a script and that is what you will hear until someone in a much higher pay grade changes the script.

Last edited:

DUDE

First Name
DUDE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150 COYOTE, 2021 F-150 3.5 ECOBOOST
My local dealership is not charging ADM on the Lightning!!! I put in my order yesterday.

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
We were just able to confirm this again. After accepting a wave invitation if you call Ford's Customer Service an order can be switched.
Zach would this affect current customers with you who have already placed an order and are waiting to get a build date?

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Zach would this affect current customers with you who have already placed an order and are waiting to get a build date?
No, it has resulted in additional units for us and has not hurt existing reservation holders.
Sponsored