• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Looking forward to this update!!

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those in the "Too Long Didnt Watch" camp. The video is a rave review of the Blue Cruise 1.2 updates.

Warning: Watching may increase your angst over the enduring wait for this update!

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I have this in my 23 Mach E GT we just purchased. I need to take it out on the highway and see how good it is.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Such a great review here that definitely answers if and when all Lightnings (not just 2023s) will get Bluecruise 1.2. (yes all lightnings and q2/q3 OTA update) . Can't wait.

Sponsored
OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have this in my 23 Mach E GT we just purchased. I need to take it out on the highway and see how good it is.
Report back please! We would love to live vicariously through your experience

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
Here is the video Kyle references in his:

Managed to get 1.2 on his power boost. Most of it, at least. He said he's missing some of the interface bits.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Report back please! We would love to live vicariously through your experience
So I finally took it on the highway yesterday when I drove about 25 miles down the road. Nothing was working for the auto lane change or the move slightly away from the truck. So when I finally get to my destination I started digging through the settings and find that none of these features are even turned on. So I had to wait until I went back home to test it again.

After my round of disc golf I finally had a chance to do it and I can honestly say it is a pretty great feature. I tried the lane change twice, once when there were no cars close to me and again when there were several cars that it had to wait for. On the first lane change it took about a second to start moving me to the other lane. On the second attempt, it waited until all the cars in the line passed me and then moved over easily.

The move over in the lane for big trucks feature is actually pretty intuitive. It doesn't wait until you are right beside the truck to move you over in the lane. It recognizes it a little before you get to the truck and starts moving you over in the lane before you actually get to it. There's a slight difference in the lane system you see on the screen from before. There are arrows to the left and right with the car in the middle. When you approach the big rig, it will start moving you to the left or right before you get to the truck, but you will also see the animation on the center stack when it slides the car left or right on the screen as well.

I am extremely satisfied and pleasantly surprised with this new update. It actually works very well considering some of the other features we get are not as great. Ford hit a homerun in this one though.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I finally took it on the highway yesterday when I drove about 25 miles down the road. Nothing was working for the auto lane change or the move slightly away from the truck. So when I finally get to my destination I started digging through the settings and find that none of these features are even turned on. So I had to wait until I went back home to test it again.

After my round of disc golf I finally had a chance to do it and I can honestly say it is a pretty great feature. I tried the lane change twice, once when there were no cars close to me and again when there were several cars that it had to wait for. On the first lane change it took about a second to start moving me to the other lane. On the second attempt, it waited until all the cars in the line passed me and then moved over easily.

The move over in the lane for big trucks feature is actually pretty intuitive. It doesn't wait until you are right beside the truck to move you over in the lane. It recognizes it a little before you get to the truck and starts moving you over in the lane before you actually get to it. There's a slight difference in the lane system you see on the screen from before. There are arrows to the left and right with the car in the middle. When you approach the big rig, it will start moving you to the left or right before you get to the truck, but you will also see the animation on the center stack when it slides the car left or right on the screen as well.

I am extremely satisfied and pleasantly surprised with this new update. It actually works very well considering some of the other features we get are not as great. Ford hit a homerun in this one though.
Thanks for the reporting. Very exciting!

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning

Have you noticed if it handles curves better than the previous version? I take the highway to work and know exactly which curves it want me to navigate.

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Have you noticed if it handles curves better than the previous version? I take the highway to work and know exactly which curves it want me to navigate.
That's the one feature I haven't been able to get working. I don't know if there is a setting I missed or what, but it still disconnected the BC and had me take over driving around the sharp curves. I'm going to have figure out how to get that working. From what I've read it's supposed to slow down automatically to navigate those curves for you.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
That's the one feature I haven't been able to get working. I don't know if there is a setting I missed or what, but it still disconnected the BC and had me take over driving around the sharp curves. I'm going to have figure out how to get that working. From what I've read it's supposed to slow down automatically to navigate those curves for you.
The Motor Trend review of BC1.2 says that this is tied to the speed limit detection feature unfortunately. So if you’ve turned this off (like most of us who do not like the false positive speed limit detections), BC1.2 also won’t slow down for curves.

I wish they would keep these features separate.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
The Motor Trend review of BC1.2 says that this is tied to the speed limit detection feature unfortunately. So if you’ve turned this off (like most of us who do not like the false positive speed limit detections), BC1.2 also won’t slow down for curves.

I wish they would keep these features separate.
Are you talking about the speed limit sign detection where it automatically reduces your speed when it sees the sign? If so, I do have that turned on. The only false positives I get in my Lightning and Mach E is that it sometimes drop my speed in a school zone when it shouldn't. It is hit or miss, it will only do it 2 or 3 times every 10 time I drive thru them.
Sponsored