• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

“Charging Ended Truck may have been unplugged”

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Getting this message every time I end charging at home with Ford Mobile Cord. I’m ending on the app and releasing the cable. What step am I missing? Why am I getting this message?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pod

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Hmmmm…maybe. I just lowered the charge level to 80%. We will see if that changes it.

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
I always get that and have wondered if there is a "right" way to end a charging session.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I always get that and have wondered if there is a "right" way to end a charging session.
For Level 1 or 2, charging stops when you depress the thumb latch on the J1772 connector. Then unplug it.

Sponsored

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
For Level 1 or 2, charging stops when you depress the thumb latch on the J1772 connector. Then unplug it.
That's it? No pushing the charge unlock button next to it? No stopping charging through the app?

Would that it t'were so simple.

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I got that message once at a Fast Charge station. It might have been the time when I pushed the unlock button to stop the charge. Lately, I’ve been pressing the stop charge button on the station, and I haven’t gotten the message.
When charging at home, I just press the latch on the connector and pull it out of the truck. I never get any messages at home.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
That's it? No pushing the charge unlock button next to it? No stopping charging through the app?

Would that it t'were so simple.
I’ve been doing it that way on my Mach-E for almost 2 years, Lightning for 2 weeks.

The charge unlock button is only for DCFC.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday I got that, figured it was a glitch having just received 4.1.2 a couple minutes prior to starting my charge session.

I set a goal stopping point of 83% initially, but later when it was nearly done I noticed the rate a 80% was only 50KW, which is low enough that the 24c/min rate is more costly than home charging.

I adjusted the console limiter to 81% to allow the truck to command an automatic stop of the charge session, which it did about 20 seconds after saving the new limit.

About 30 more seconds and the EA dispenser switched to Idle timer mode, waiting the last electron to drop out of the cable (LOL)

I got out, depressed the latch button on the EA handle, the truck unlocked the latch, returned to dispenser

The dispenser summarized the session costs, I clicked finish.

Got in the truck, started her up and drove away, seconds later I got a text and email alert for my session fees as I usually do.

About 2 minutes later while driving, another FP alert suggesting I accidently unplugged.
Sponsored