• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

“My EV Driving” in FordPass vs “this trip” display in truck are different

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, 2020 BMW m340
I just got back from a road trip. In the truck, the current trip showed 2.1 mi/kWh. When I check FordPass app, it shows 2.3 for the exact trip. Has anyone else noticed that there is difference between the two? Which one is correct? The app has the mileage correct and the energy used looks about right. So unless the energy used is incorrect in the app, not sure what to believe.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
get out your calculator...

also, some variations might be in whether it's calculating the KWh of power you 'paid' for, versus how much the truck actually received, which is generally less....

OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, 2020 BMW m340
get out your calculator...

also, some variations might be in whether it's calculating the KWh of power you 'paid' for, versus how much the truck actually received, which is generally less....

Last edited:

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
FordPass is notoriously inaccurate. Ford really needs to step up their software game. The app has a lot of room for improvement

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Was this a longer or shorter trip? I am extrapolating based on TeslaFi, but even that is not 100% accurate - especially for shorter trips. There is a "fudge factor" that you can put into TeslaFi to help bring the app/car numbers in line. I know this sounds unrelated, but bottom line I would trust the vehicle's reading over the app.

I wonder if the app accounts for energy used between drives? For example, if you turn on the AC/heat before heading out, does it attribute that energy use to the upcoming drive? If you did, and it does, that would account for the higher in-app reading for energy use.
Sponsored