• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

“STOP SAFELY NOW” message

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
This morning I got in the truck to take my kids to school and after unplugging and starting the truck I had the red " Stop Safely" message pop up. I had no other warnings or issues. The truck appeared to be on. I turned it off and turned it back on with the same message appearing. Ford Pass shows no alerts or warnings which is odd.

Not having time to figure it out, we quickly got in my wife's car to get the kids to school. I came back :40 later and started the truck up and the warning is gone. No issues. I decided to test drive the truck and it behaves completely normal.

Is this a glitch?

After owning two ICE 22 F150s this year with no issues, I'm starting to get a little rattled with the truck. 2 weeks ago I inexplicably had the reduced power 64% with the front motor drive not working on a normal day. It went away again with a restart of the truck.

I'm curious if a lot of this is caused by faulty 12V batteries?
Sponsored

Adrian818

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
I just had the same problem, except I also lost power. I turned the truck on and off a few times a few times and it started working. Anyone else have the same issue?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
What were the available power reading (left side energy meter) ?
If it was less than 100% available, please post how much the truck is reporting ?

Hatchback

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
I also had this happen yesterday. It occurred on the first start after pulling fuse 32 to reset the modem. It went away after shutting off for a few minutes. No reduced power while message was displayed.

OP
OP

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I also had this happen yesterday. It occurred on the first start after pulling fuse 32 to reset the modem. It went away after shutting off for a few minutes. No reduced power while message was displayed.
This was my exact scenario. I still have the modem disconnect issue and refuse to pull the fuse again, for fear of causing this message or more issues.

By chance were you charging at the time when you reset the fuse?

Sponsored

Hatchback

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
Correction…it was plugged in waiting to charge. I pulled the fuse one prior time when not charging and no codes.

Last edited:
OP
OP

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Correction…it was plugged in waiting to charge. I pulled the fuse one prior time when not charging and no codes.
I had the same scenario. I was plugged in, but it wasn't set to charge until the evening. I have a feeling that had to do with the code.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just had this issue while driving. I was using 1PD going about 35mph, for a split second I lost acceleration and all my gauges reset, then "Stop Safely Now". I had 2 warning lights in the bottom of my HUD (Yellow Wrench, and a Red symbol of the truck with an exclamation point). Luckily I was within 2 minutes of my dealership and took it straight there without turning off the truck, they're currently looking at it.

kgilcris24

First Name
Kayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Automotive Parts Sales
I had the same scenario. I was plugged in, but it wasn't set to charge until the evening. I have a feeling that had to do with the code.
Can also confirm this, had the please stop safely message this morning after pulling fuse 32 last night while plugged in. No other warnings, no reduced power, truck drives normally. I had previously pulled the fuse while not plugged in with no issues.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Can also confirm
Yup, confirmed, I accidentally pulled the fuse while plugged in(should have unplugged) and it gave stop message only.

It wasn't even necessary as it was a Ford pass outage and not the truck.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Just had this issue while driving. I was using 1PD going about 35mph, for a split second I lost acceleration and all my gauges reset, then "Stop Safely Now". I had 2 warning lights in the bottom of my HUD (Yellow Wrench, and a Red symbol of the truck with an exclamation point). Luckily I was within 2 minutes of my dealership and took it straight there without turning off the truck, they're currently looking at it.
Sorry if I missed the update somewhere else, was the dealer able to figure out what happened?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Sorry if I missed the update somewhere else, was the dealer able to figure out what happened?
Unfortunately no. The dealer blamed it on an OBD device I have in my truck (lowers my Registration fees in my state). That 99% isn't the case though or there are bugger issues.

I think they may pull one of my modules and send it back to the mothership for analysis.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Ya the only thing I could see the OBD device complicate is unintended LVB drain. But since the truck was on, that shouldn't be a problem. Really wish people wouldn't be so afraid to just say "I don't know" instead of feeding us clear BS.

JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid, Tesla Model X, F150 Lightning
This was my exact scenario. I still have the modem disconnect issue and refuse to pull the fuse again, for fear of causing this message or more issues.

I've had this error message appear twice. Once when I was futzing around with the fuse to reset the modem. This was resolved by pulling the neutral on the battery and resetting the system.

The 2nd time was when my Tesla Wall Charger and TeslaTap Mini put the truck in a funny charging state and nothing would clear it. I eventually plugged in my Ford Mobile Charger and it reset things and the truck started working again.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...l-charger-teslatap-mini-80.14858/#post-306810

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Am I the only one who hasn't pulled any fuses? It seems like a lot of DIY fixes may in fact be causing other issues, I don't want to mess with anything on my truck at all.
Sponsored