• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Thanks for making one great place to allow me to mash play button after play button. My productivity in the office is going to take a hit today. So much viewing to do!

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Interesting. Seems like the Platinum that TFL had took ~4.5 to 60 whereas the Lariat that Redline had was ~4.1. That was apparently at 80% SoC charge which is pretty good. I wonder if it can crack the 3s when at 100%. I notice a difference even going from 90 to 100% in my Model S.

9.39s to 60 when towing the 8300 pound boat. Wow.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Interesting. Seems like the Platinum that TFL had took ~4.5 to 60 whereas the Lariat that Redline had was ~4.1. That was apparently at 80% SoC charge which is pretty good. I wonder if it can crack the 3s when at 100%. I notice a difference even going from 90 to 100% in my Model S.

9.39s to 60 when towing the 8300 pound boat. Wow.
Maybe the extra weight in the Platinum? I’ll have to look up the specs in weight differences. Could be the wheels size/tire combo.

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Yes, my guess is wheels + tires. I know people always say the higher trims weigh more, but what real differences are we really talking about between the Lariat and Platinum? Massaging/full recline seats + a few extra speakers and amp?

Seems like there is more performance on the table if some performance tires were fitted. The truck barks the front wheels at every launch. I think 3s are definitely possible. :cool: Can't wait to see 1/4 mile times - especially since it will not be crippled with a 5 second rule.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes, my guess is wheels + tires. I know people always say the higher trims weigh more, but what real differences are we really talking about between the Lariat and Platinum? Massaging/full recline seats + a few extra speakers and amp?

Seems like there is more performance on the table if some performance tires were fitted. The truck barks the front wheels at every launch. I think 3s are definitely possible. :cool: Can't wait to see 1/4 mile times - especially since it will not be crippled with a 5 second rule.
Agreed. It could be Ford is waiting on the competition to give an extra mode or future models will for sure be able to breaks that 3 sec

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Agreed. It could be Ford is waiting on the competition to give an extra mode or future models will for sure be able to breaks that 3 sec
Marketingwise they may also want to stay slower than that Mach-e GT

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I'm looking up some of the 0-60 times of cars I've owned that I thought were pretty fast. the lightning is going to crush those.

Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Alright, I know one of you have already streamed all of these, perhaps 3 simultaneously. Can you give us the proper viewing order for maximum enjoyment and which one is nails on chalkboard level avoidance?

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
For the towing fellows, this nugget was contained in the Car and Driver article:

On the not-so-good front, the Lightning can tow up to 10,000 pounds when spec'd with the Max Trailer Tow package, but it can't do so for very long between charges. We pulled an 8300-pound boat and trailer at about 65 mph, and the on-board trip computer indicated we were getting less than one mile per kilowatt-hour. This puts the highway range with a trailer of decent size and mass somewhere around 100 miles. That means you wouldn't want to cover more than 80 or so miles between DC-fast-charger fill-ups because of how fast charging throttles as you near a full battery.

Reactions: GDN

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
For the towing fellows, this nugget was contained in the Car and Driver article:

On the not-so-good front, the Lightning can tow up to 10,000 pounds when spec'd with the Max Trailer Tow package, but it can't do so for very long between charges. We pulled an 8300-pound boat and trailer at about 65 mph, and the on-board trip computer indicated we were getting less than one mile per kilowatt-hour. This puts the highway range with a trailer of decent size and mass somewhere around 100 miles. That means you wouldn't want to cover more than 80 or so miles between DC-fast-charger fill-ups because of how fast charging throttles as you near a full battery.
This is what all the R1T tests have shown... So, 100% expected.
Sponsored