• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 12/12 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Shop around local, of course. Credit Unions are your best bet for low(er) rates. All in my area were floating at 5.49% and well above that (60 mo.). Brutal increase from a few short months ago. Not sure what Ford Credit or the dealer can swing, but I'm guessing the results will be underwhelming.

Parsons is based out of Pasadena and membership is free to those who consent to joining the American Consumer Council. $5 savings deposit. 3.79% up to 60 months and 3.99% 61+ months. I might finance through the dealer to speed up the purchase and then refinance with Parsons a couple weeks after.
Thank you for the input!
Sponsored

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Whoa where ?!?!
My employers credit union they have special EV rates being a Utility company. Blue Flame Credit Union is the name if you want look into them

WesternNC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning xlt standard range
Update, after my truck has arrived by train in Atlanta on I believe the 3rd. It has missed its delivery range of 1/3-1/9. It is now showing a estimated date range of 1/24-1/30. Being that it has been 2 hours away by truck for a week now, this is ridiculous. I will reach out to the dealer today to see if they know what is going on.

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L SR | 1991 Bronco
Update, after my truck has arrived by train in Atlanta on I believe the 3rd. It has missed its delivery range of 1/3-1/9. It is now showing a estimated date range of 1/24-1/30. Being that it has been 2 hours away by truck for a week now, this is ridiculous. I will reach out to the dealer today to see if they know what is going on.
Sorry to hear this, Casey. The delays for last mile delivery via truck/convoy are truly concerning. Stating the obvious but there must be some extreme labor/truck shortages and/or logistics difficulties. I wonder if dealer volume comes into play, too? How frustrating...

Sponsored

Ford2death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Blend on 12/16, in production 12/18, Built on 12/29 and nothing since. Sometimes customer service says there is a chip hold, sometimes say it's just waiting for shipping. The "built" header has a green check mark and an estimated delivery of 12/23/22-12/29/22.

PS: When I missed the initial round of 2022 Lightning builds, I ordered a Powerboost since I thought it might be 2024 until I got a Lightning. The Powerboost was ordered in December of 2021, built in August of 2022 (pushed back from June) and is not yet at the dealership. Still on chip hold.

WesternNC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning xlt standard range
I think the long story short for this entire process is that Ford as whole has no clue when it comes to time lines. The cost we each pay for the delivery of these vehicles is absurd for the service being received. I could have hired a transit company to drive and pick it up for much cheaper and much more reliable.

Oh well, first world problems

kskaplan25

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Nissan Leaf SV, GMC Yukon Denali
Shop around local, of course. Credit Unions are your best bet for low(er) rates. All in my area were floating at 5.49% and well above that (60 mo.). Brutal increase from a few short months ago. Not sure what Ford Credit or the dealer can swing, but I'm guessing the results will be underwhelming.

Parsons is based out of Pasadena and membership is free to those who consent to joining the American Consumer Council. $5 savings deposit. 3.79% up to 60 months and 3.99% 61+ months. I might finance through the dealer to speed up the purchase and then refinance with Parsons a couple weeks after.
Thanks for this info Hank. I had seen Parson's mentioned elsewhere on the forum and looked at their website but hadn't figured out if we could join or not. The American Consumer Council route seemed to be the way since we don't qualify any other way but I wasn't sure. We are in California so I'm not sure if that makes it easier or not. We don't expect the truck to arrive until next week. How long was the process for you to get approved with them?

BarryB

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S550 Tesla X Range Rover
I tried calling marketing. Super nice but alas exact same info as chat:
Junction Point (Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co) in Blue Island, IL.
Your estimated delivery date is Jan-
28-2023 - Feb-03-2023.
Luxury problem I know….

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
I tried calling marketing. Super nice but alas exact same info as chat:
Junction Point (Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co) in Blue Island, IL.
Your estimated delivery date is Jan-
28-2023 - Feb-03-2023.
Luxury problem I know….
Based on the information I got from the bronco forum, sometimes you have to call a few times to get the "right" representative who will actually do a thorough search for you.
I called twice. The first agent immediately told me my truck is still in Blue Island. The second agent took 3-5 minutes before she provided me with an update. She said that she was looking through multiple pages of notes.
It might be worth a second phone call.

Sponsored

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L SR | 1991 Bronco
Thanks for this info Hank. I had seen Parson's mentioned elsewhere on the forum and looked at their website but hadn't figured out if we could join or not. The American Consumer Council route seemed to be the way since we don't qualify any other way but I wasn't sure. We are in California so I'm not sure if that makes it easier or not. We don't expect the truck to arrive until next week. How long was the process for you to get approved with them?
The membership application process took all of 5 minutes online -- approval was instant/automated. I then immediately applied for an auto loan afterwards and did receive an email from a loan officer the next morning. Next, I would call and speak with someone to get an account #/PIN for online banking access (this took several days before a representative called me) and then also open up a checking account for auto-draft payment purposes.

The tricky part comes at purchase time. In order for Parsons to mail a cashier's check, you need to send them proof of insurance (no problem) and a copy of the signed purchase agreement with Parsons listed as a lienholder. You obviously can't get the latter until the truck arrives at the dealer, so this will delay the purchase process for at least a few days -- though with you in California, perhaps an overnight check would be nearly guaranteed.

That's about all I can think of. Like I mentioned before, I'm most likely planning to finance with the dealer (assuming the rate isn't outrageous and there's no prepayment penalty) and then refinance with Parsons shortly thereafter. This should make the buying experience a little more smooth and get the truck in my driveway 2-3 days earlier... yes, I know that's a completely fabricated first world problem that I'm attempting to solve 🙃

Last edited: