• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
Finally!! Order Tracker went Built 9/16 overnight, Ford.com shows Built with an ETA of 10/4 to 10/10.

Ironically I also have a Bronco order that went Built on 9/14 with the exact same ETA of 10/4 to 10/10.

I think Ford may have held up my Lightning order to catch up with the Bronco order, cause it Looks like both of my orders will be riding the same train to California?

Bring them on Ford, I've been waiting almost 2 years for these trucks!

BoostedKWs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting Lariat SR
Occupation
EV Charging Engineering Director
Shipped email this morning but still at ramp 59. No idea why my eta was moved up a couple days ago. No way it'll be in NJ by the 19th.

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER w/Tow; 2017 BMW X3
I freaking give up. Just spent and hour on chat with ford to get no new info other than there was an update today with the exact same information. Still on hold still in production still same everything. No way to escalate anything no nothing. Someone should be able to explain why I am getting passed over by all these other trucks getting out of chip hold but not me. Makes me wonder is something else is wrong with the truck. Just sitting. No way of getting other info.

Stevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I freaking give up. Just spent and hour on chat with ford to get no new info other than there was an update today with the exact same information. Still on hold still in production still same everything. No way to escalate anything no nothing. Someone should be able to explain why I am getting passed over by all these other trucks getting out of chip hold but not me. Makes me wonder is something else is wrong with the truck. Just sitting. No way of getting other info.
When your truck does ship it is just going to sit in Chicago with the rest of them. I heard a story from a guy that ordered an ICE truck a couple years ago. His shipping was taking a long time. They eventually admitted his truck “fell off the train” and was never going to be delivered to the dealer. He ended up purchasing a different truck from stock instead of waiting for another to be produced.

Sponsored

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
I saw somewhere (can’t recall where and not even certain if it’s true) that the chips are assigned a vin before they even arrive. Maybe the chip you were missing didn’t pass QC or something? Seems like they should have some in reserve for those instances, to avoid scenarios like this.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I’m with you! I’m an 8/22 week, 8/26 in production, and sit here every watching trucks after me getting built. There appears to be no logic to it and worse no useful info coming from Ford. Chat is a waste of time.
I’m going stop whining now and go have a beer or two.

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I saw somewhere (can’t recall where and not even certain if it’s true) that the chips are assigned a vin before they even arrive. Maybe the chip you were missing didn’t pass QC or something? Seems like they should have some in reserve for those instances, to avoid scenarios like this.
I’ve read that too, but it doesn’t explain how others are getting out of chip holds. Wonder how this affects the battery just sitting there day after day knowing that I still have to get shipped and a long wait for all of that.

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When your truck does ship it is just going to sit in Chicago with the rest of them. I heard a story from a guy that ordered an ICE truck a couple years ago. His shipping was taking a long time. They eventually admitted his truck “fell off the train” and was never going to be delivered to the dealer. He ended up purchasing a different truck from stock instead of waiting for another to be produced.
Being in the southeast, I should at least miss the Chicago problems.

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
I’ve read that too, but it doesn’t explain how others are getting out of chip holds. Wonder how this affects the battery just sitting there day after day knowing that I still have to get shipped and a long wait for all of that.
At least you are not alone. Blend 8/16, built 8/28. Del date extended out two weeks. Then crickets.

Sponsored

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At least you are not alone. Blend 8/16, built 8/28. Del date extended out two weeks. Then crickets.
I hear ya. Hate it for all of us in this position. Crazy that we cant get info on what’s going on given that we are paying 80k +for these things

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Dude, that sucks. There should be no reason both of ours not to ship at the same time. I'm not getting too excited myself as my truck still says in production on the main order page.

FWIW. I think they have so many trucks piling up on the dock they don't have a clean way to manage them. I'm not criticizing as I don't think I'd do any better.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Just pouring salt on the wound. 9 out of 15 members of the 8/29 are built, all of them in 8-10 days. Your are now at 24 days and I'm at 21. Sucks to us!

dkf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4xe
I’m in same boat. I was at the plant last week for a meeting and swear I saw my truck. Anyways I also feel like “chip hold” could be a convenient excuse for other issues. I’m really discouraged. I know it’s been built since the 16th of August just sitting around - also why is the chip hold sent to a shipping lot, then sent back to the factory. makes no sense. Sus.
Sponsored