• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

🐎 Bronco or ⚡️ Lightning ?

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
I’ve lucked out greatly with getting my ‘22 Bronco 4DR BD 2.3 in April and now have ‘23 Lighting Pro scheduled for end of month. I’ve made my case, but my wife won’t be swayed to part with our 3-row vehicle (family of 5 plus need space for carpool kid/s). I’m left having to choose between the two for which vehicle I’ll keep.

Bronco is incredibly fun and I can’t imagine parting with it so soon, but I also can’t imagine passing on the value Lightning given I’ll likely never have an opportunity to buy a relatively affordable EV truck again.

What choice would you make?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
@Rancheroni would like your take also. I take the train to work, so Lightning as daily driver isn’t a consideration for me. I guess mostly which has more fun potential? Memories for the kids potential?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I would go for the Lightning. Unless you do a LOT of offroading with the family, the kids will appreciate the acceleration / fun factor of the Lightning much more.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Lightning now for me... Will get a Bronco Raptor in the next 2~3 years. Would be a difficult decision for me if I had both Bronco and Lightning coming at the same time and I was a little afraid that would happen. If I had to pick, I'd probably take the Lightning since it's the daily driver and overall more usable vehicle, for me.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Go to the local dealer with all your kids and test drive an ICE F-150 or at least just have everyone sit in it. You’ll soon realize you don’t need the third row in this truck. There will be no issue with cargo, especially in the Lightning.

We are in the process of looking for a Bronco to replace our 3 row MDX since the Lightning has taken over daily hauling duties and the wife wants something a bit funner

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
Has your wife drove an F 150 screw?
Parking lots gotta be different from getting a screw or Bronco into a parking stall.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
There's a bronco parked at my neighbor's house, they are great looking cars. If it was electric I'd have rather had a vehicle like that.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
At this point I would say bye to my 2021 Bronco, if I had to make that choice.

I’ve had my Lightning since October. The Bronco is fun and I do light off roading with it and drive it locally around Tahoe. Then, I go down the hill about an hour and pick up the Lightning where it is garaged at my parents and drive it on a 240 mile round trip twice a month for work. I’ve taken it to Montana on a road trip once and have 6k miles into it. When I got back from the office yesterday, I finally realized which one I would keep if I had to choose one. Lightning all the way!

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Go to the local dealer with all your kids and test drive an ICE F-150 or at least just have everyone sit in it. You’ll soon realize you don’t need the third row in this truck. There will be no issue with cargo, especially in the Lightning.

We are in the process of looking for a Bronco to replace our 3 row MDX since the Lightning has taken over daily hauling duties and the wife wants something a bit funner
I second this!

It’s big back there! I have two large dogs in the back that sprawl out in the Lightning. They like it better than the Bronco. At least they appear more excited to jump into the Lightning than the Bronco. 😂

Sponsored

cjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat SR, 2016 Mazda CX-9
Just got my lightning yesterday, kids love it so far. Our fleet is going to be the lightning + a 3-row ICE (CX-9) for when we need to haul more people or go on long road trips, so I appreciate where your wife is coming from on her car.
The suggestion to have your wife take a look at a super crew ICE F150 is a good one--the back seat is more spacious than any of our vehicles by a good margin. You really got a golden ticket with the Pro on order, so I'd say you should trade in the Bronco if you have to.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E350 Wagon
I second this!

It’s big back there! I have two large dogs in the back that sprawl out in the Lightning. They like it better than the Bronco. At least they appear more excited to jump into the Lightning than the Bronco. 😂
How big are those dogs? I just rolled my bronco order over a 3rd time.
I have two Rhodesian Ridgeback’s and I went and checked out a 4 door locally and think there is no way they fit with any comfort. Back seat isn’t an option as I have two kids in car seats/booster.

I also just got a production date for a lariat lightning.

Bzoo1

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning, Ford Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Contracting
We have both, a Lightning since June (about 6,500 miles) and a Bronco since September. Initially the Bronco was for my wife but she has enjoyed the Lightning so much it is now her favorite vehicle to drive. Unless you have the opportunity to do a lot of off roading and cannot keep both I would choose the Lightning.

With the Frunk and a bed cover it can carry a lot of people and things extremely comfortably.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Investigator
How big are those dogs? I just rolled my bronco order over a 3rd time.
I have two Rhodesian Ridgeback’s and I went and checked out a 4 door locally and think there is no way they fit with any comfort. Back seat isn’t an option as I have two kids in car seats/booster.

I also just got a production date for a lariat lightning.
They are 88 and 72 lbs. Golden and Great Pyrenees Golden Mix. I bought a back seat hammock for both vehicles. They can both lay down in it with the Lightning, but the Bronco is too small for that.
Ford F-150 Lightning 🐎 Bronco or ⚡️ Lightning ? E3CDC20F-CDCF-4F8D-90E3-FD1649B6CDF3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E350 Wagon
They are 88 and 72 lbs. Golden and Great Pyrenees Golden Mix. I bought a back seat hammock for both vehicles. They can both lay down in it with the Lightning, but the Bronco is too small for that.
E3CDC20F-CDCF-4F8D-90E3-FD1649B6CDF3.jpeg
Thank you. Woof!

confirmed that the bronco won’t work for me :(

lol after a 3 year bronco wait we added another dog.
Sponsored