• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

🐎 Bronco or ⚡️ Lightning ?

Rancheroni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco 4D
I'll preface this by saying I haven't ridden in or recieved my lightning yet. Just basing the below on my research.

Lightning is the more practical and usable vehicle for probably 95% of people. I'd choose that over almost any other vehicle, even the bronco, because it's an EV with the utility of a truck. Not many offer that. The rivian and hummer EV both have a shorter bed than the lightning so it can be argued the F150L is the most "practical" EV of all. The only instance I'd choose bronco over lightning would be if I were offroading every weekend OR if I towed stuff very often and over a long distance.

Bronco, in my opinion, is a lifestyle vehicle that sacrifices mpg, storage space, third row option, and wind noise (removable top) for looks and off-road capabilities. We're lucky to keep both (and not need a 3rd row people hauler) but bronco is definitely more for 4 wheeling, camping, top-off fun weekender vehicle, etc.

The Lightning will fit 5 people much more comfortably as well as haul all of their stuff in the frunk and bed. And do it more comfortably with less wind noise and a smoother ride. If I was forced to choose it'd be a lightning 100%. Also lightning has 4wd, a rear locker, and relatively high ground clearance so it can handle the snow season and light trail camping when needed. It can also haul my dirtbikes and home improvement stuff without ruining the cargo area like it would the bronco.

In my opinion, the Lightning is a buy it now if you can find it at msrp vehicle, put many miles on it as a DD, and then trade it in in 5-7 years when EVs will be surely more competitive.

Bronco is a keep it forever vehicle. You can always buy a Bronco in a few years when you can afford to have a second fun vehicle that you only use occasionally. I hope I never have to sell this thing.

If I could only pick one it'd be the lightning because financially and practically it makes more sense. Bronco still has a place in my heart but that may change when I get my lightning.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
Man you guys make some seriously good points!
Not sure anyone really voted for Bronco! Seems I might need to cross post on B6G and see what happens there. 😂 😂

really wish my driveway fit a third car and that I could swing the 💰 ha!

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
I'll preface this by saying I haven't ridden in or recieved my lightning yet. Just basing the below on my research.

Lightning is the more practical and usable vehicle for probably 95% of people. I'd choose that over almost any other vehicle, even the bronco, because it's an EV with the utility of a truck. Not many offer that. The rivian and hummer EV both have a shorter bed than the lightning so it can be argued the F150L is the most "practical" EV of all. The only instance I'd choose bronco over lightning would be if I were offroading every weekend OR if I towed stuff very often and over a long distance.

Bronco, in my opinion, is a lifestyle vehicle that sacrifices mpg, storage space, third row option, and wind noise (removable top) for looks and off-road capabilities. We're lucky to keep both (and not need a 3rd row people hauler) but bronco is definitely more for 4 wheeling, camping, top-off fun weekender vehicle, etc.

The Lightning will fit 5 people much more comfortably as well as haul all of their stuff in the frunk and bed. And do it more comfortably with less wind noise and a smoother ride. If I was forced to choose it'd be a lightning 100%. Also lightning has 4wd, a rear locker, and relatively high ground clearance so it can handle the snow season and light trail camping when needed. It can also haul my dirtbikes and home improvement stuff without ruining the cargo area like it would the bronco.

In my opinion, the Lightning is a buy it now if you can find it at msrp vehicle, put many miles on it as a DD, and then trade it in in 5-7 years when EVs will be surely more competitive.

Bronco is a keep it forever vehicle. You can always buy a Bronco in a few years when you can afford to have a second fun vehicle that you only use occasionally. I hope I never have to sell this thing.

If I could only pick one it'd be the lightning because financially and practically it makes more sense. Bronco still has a place in my heart but that may change when I get my lightning.
I'm fortunate to have both and blessed to be able to keep both. As you so astutely say, the Bronco is a keep it forever vehicle. I have no plans to ever sell mine.

But I love both of them. It's a different kind of love for each one, kind of like you can't choose a favorite kid. Lol.

The Lightning is obviously more comfortable for the family (I have a two year old and four month old). Longer road trips with the kids are way more comfortable with the Lightning, notwithstanding the need to stop and charge.

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning, Bronco Badlands, 1968 Mustang
Occupation
MD Director of Technology
We actually have both right now the Lightning is much more refined and comfortable. But the Badlands is a lot of fun. Tough choice for me it would come down to what you use them for as in if you are an avid off roader and go regularly keep the Bronco. If not go with the Lightning. I know my wife wasn't sure on the Lightning but now that she is driving it some she changed her mind. Tough choice for sure.
Ford F-150 Lightning 🐎 Bronco or ⚡️ Lightning ? 20221022_172234

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I'm also one who is fortunate enough to have both. The Lightning arrived in mid August and the Bronco arrived 5 weeks later. Each time I go to the garage, a decision has to be made which one I want to drive. It is a great problem to have.

- Do I drive the quiet, comfortable, powerful, cutting edge, and very economic Lightning? Or,
- Do I drive the fun, sporty (has the 7MT), eye catching, and nostalgic Bronco?

Most of the time I pick the Lightning. Half the time the Bronco is missing from the garage because my wife is driving it instead of her car. When I take a really short trip (Like over to the barn which is a couple of miles round trip.), the Lighting is perfect because I don't have to worry about it warming up.

If you want a vehicle that everyone else will notice and ask questions about go with the Bronco. If you like being incognito go with the Lightning.

If I had to choose only one, it would be the Lightning just because I need to have a truck for the ranch. If the Bronco was an automatic instead of a manual then I would keep the Lightning no questions asked.
Ford F-150 Lightning 🐎 Bronco or ⚡️ Lightning ? 1668471115168
Sponsored