• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4005532117...rtbpiyzrmg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Gorilla 61148BCX. This kit is cool because you can get an extra one for the glove box in case you lose one or it gets messed up. They are “OEM” style and have the same dimensions and hex size as the originals which is nice since I didn’t want really tall lug nuts, and you retain the ability to use the stock spare tire iron if needed.

I primarily got them because I’ve had issues on prior Ford vehicles with the original two piece nuts swelling over time. They do come in chrome as well but I think the black turned out really sharp since there isn’t any chrome on the truck otherwise.
Dumb question .. how do you know these won't corrode? They do look nice. Thanks
Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Dumb question .. how do you know these won't corrode? They do look nice. Thanks
I don’t to be honest…they are coated steel just like most lug nuts. If they corrode I’ll probably try the McGards - but for now they are holding up fine. I’m in the south so rust doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue on vehicles but I wiped some spray wax on them anyways.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Sponsored

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t to be honest…they are coated steel just like most lug nuts. If they corrode I’ll probably try the McGards - but for now they are holding up fine. I’m in the south so rust doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue on vehicles but I wiped some spray wax on them anyways.
I ordered them and will give it a try. I remember seeing the chrome plated ones corrode and cause problems, trying to remove them. Thanks!

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered them and will give it a try. I remember seeing the chrome plated ones corrode and cause problems, trying to remove them. Thanks!
I'm a little bit nervous about these new black ones, as they don't appear to be beefy enough around the base.

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 20240327_172152

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
Wife said the Mazda driver ran into her right after light turned green.

Said she felt a “slight bump”.

Everyone is ok, and I’m sad I’ll have to send it off for repairs, but damn, happy to have a truck!

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_6964
Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_6953
Sponsored