• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That's it.

I say we form a GoFundMe bounty on the Frunk speaker. Do we want the volume adjusted, or just the speaker located so it can be disabled?

I heard it at the dealer. It is absolutely going to irritate me when I get my truck.
My solution for both the beep and the delay is to activate it further away from the truck. Either inside the house before I walk out to the truck, or when leaving the store across the parking lot.

Sometimes I even get to have fun conversations as folks get confused as to why the hood is opening! ;)

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
That's it.

I say we form a GoFundMe bounty on the Frunk speaker. Do we want the volume adjusted, or just the speaker located so it can be disabled?

I heard it at the dealer. It is absolutely going to irritate me when I get my truck.
We should ask the Sandy Munro people where it is...

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Tailgate lettering, custom plate, pedal switch
20221030_113545.jpg
20221030_112100.jpg
Unrelated Question, Do the Ford Mats have the sharp carpet grabbing nubs under them and can the drivers mat retention clip be modified to use on a Pro?

Sponsored

lroessler

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat, 21 Mustang Mach E Ca Rt1
Unrelated Question, Do the Ford Mats have the sharp carpet grabbing nubs under them and can the drivers mat retention clip be modified to use on a Pro?
The mats do have the nubs underneath. Not sure about the modification to a Pro. I dont even use the clips. The nubs hold the mat in place.
Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 20221115_065402
Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 20221115_074139
o

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
Just installed a screen protector to the truck. Love the muted appearance, no more nasty finger prints, and no glare.
I highly recommend the Spigen one he linked. Bought one for my wife's Model Y and it was and eye saver. Ordered one for my Lightning, just haven't installed it yet.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Added flat aplique to Amazon-sourced chrome tailgate letters.

Removed flat charge port apliques, replaced with 3D.

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2959

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2960

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2961

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2963

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2964

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2962

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
SunRun "completed" the HIS installation but it isn't functional except to charge. Long story, but after the initial electrical contractor bolloxed the job, SunRun fired them, and sent a corporate crew from Orlando to Delray Beach (3.5 hours each way), put them up here for three nights. They removed everything the original installer had done and started over. They found that the other electrician had damaged our Tesla charger, and that the SunRun inverter has an internal flaw, so they left me with the charger operational, but headed back to Orlando with a plan to come back with a replacement Tesla charger and new SunRun inverter.

Meanwhile there's a billing dispute between SunRun and the original subcontractor, and he has all the manuals, so I have no instructions on how to set up my apps, run the system, etc. - and the charger manual has a unique password that is needed to link it to my phone to hook into the home network, so I'm not paying a dime until SunRun sorts this out and we see the truck actually powering the house. Their guys were super-professional and knew what they were doing, unlike the former subcontractor, so I'm fairly confident it will get done, but what a SNAFU all the way around. My Ford/SunRun text and email trail would blow your mind.

How it is now:
Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2984

Garage cam MyQ pic showing Ford charger on right, Tesla charger (inoperable due to contractor damage) on left. This accommodates charging the truck on the driveway outside, while charging a Tesla or Taycan inside using the Tesla charger. It's a 2-car garage with an 18-foot wide door, but the depth cannot handle the truck. Florida code requires 6"-deep storm reinforcement struts on new garage doors, and with my truck touching the back interior wall, the front bumper protrudes about two inches into the space occupied by the door's horizontal reinforcement struts when closed. I considered removing the lower struts and replacing with standard 2.5" ones, but I still would have had only an inch clearance and likely impaired my insurance, so the truck stays outside when we're in Florida. The house is directly on the waterfront (I have two boat slips out back facing the ICW), so if a hurricane ever did make a direct hit, we'd probably appreciate the bracing anyway.

Part of the installation was upgrading the house from 150 to 200 amps, which brought total cost to $12,500, none of which I've paid yet pending final demo, delivery of manuals, etc.
Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2985

Here's the mess left behind by the original subcontractor - note in the first pic above, after SunRun took over and redid the job, everything is more compact, relocated, slatwall reinstalled. Could not believe that anyone would mount a charger at knee level. This was after a full week of work - not one wire pulled through any of the conduit except a temporary run to the charger so we could charge the truck. Sunun took one look and tore it all out, replaced the slatwall that the contractor has stupidly torn off, and started over.

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2958

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2952

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2950

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
the charger manual has a unique password that is needed to link it to my phone to hook into the home network
If you pop the grey part of the EVSE off, the unique ID and password are on a sticker underneath it. There aren't any fasteners holding it. Just grip it and gently pull.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
This is funny..
I all ready have a Lightning..

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? Screenshot_20221116-132307_Gmail

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
If you pop the grey part of the EVSE off, the unique ID and password are on a sticker underneath it. There aren't any fasteners holding it. Just grip it and gently pull.
thanks

MTBAZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
We should ask the Sandy Munro people where it is...
Munro is having an open house on Nov 29. Anyone on this forum in AUBURN HILLS MI who can attend to ask this question and get recommendations on how to turn it down or defeat it? It's $195 to get in the door but the details would be worth GOLD to the lighting community.
Sponsored