• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

georgepearkes

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Very proud of the humble and dead-simple mod I threw in my Lightning today. Baby is due in January (our first) and will ride home from the hospital in style.

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? B0DB3A4A-D25D-4179-850E-56CAB6F3126D
Sponsored

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Very proud of the humble and dead-simple mod I threw in my Lightning today. Baby is due in January (our first) and will ride home from the hospital in style.

B0DB3A4A-D25D-4179-850E-56CAB6F3126D.jpeg
Congrats! My 2nd due in January as well. We needed the space!

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
Installed the Frunk Cargo Rug and cargo holders. Not impressed, but does the basic job, so.

Sponsored

saturnschildren

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat XR, 2008 Ridgeline, 1953 Unimog
Just got some snow shoes on her this morning. Nokian Hakkapellittas.

Truck's gonna put me in the poor house. Damned "supply chain issues."
I put on a set of R3's because I couldn't get the R5's. I love the Hakka's, I've had them on 3 trucks now. Only had one snowfall so far this year but the truck effortlessly drove through 12" of snow on my very long and unplowed driveway.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I put on a set of R3's because I couldn't get the R5's. I love the Hakka's, I've had them on 3 trucks now. Only had one snowfall so far this year but the truck effortlessly drove through 12" of snow on my very long and unplowed driveway.
I was able to get the new R5s, but it took a while. My local shop told me that Nokian has shifted large amounts of their manufacturing to their new Tennessee plant because their European and Russian plants have been significantly affected by Ukraine's invasion.

I think I had to wait about 6 weeks to get the tires in after they placed the order. I am hoping for good things with them. I was torn between these and the Outpost AT tires, but I just couldn't justify throwing out a full set of new tires that came with the truck.

I have a 250 foot long uphill driveway that ices up nicely after melting, and live in a small town with a few dirt roads around my house so a good set of tires is needed.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Ok, I didn't do anything to my Lightning today because it's still a month from being built and I couldn't wait for delivery to post in this thread ha ha... but one of the very first things that I'm going to do is treat my windshield and windows with a treatment of Aquapel while the glass is fresh and no pits or scratches. I always treat with aquapel every several months or so.

Anyone here treat your glass with Aquapel?

Last edited:

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I installed my new BedRug Impact liner and Extang Solid Fold cover. The best part was using the Lightning to heat the garage! Had it on with heat on max and doors open. It didn't make it hot in there but certainly took the chill out which is pretty good considering it was 10 degrees outside. Don't try that with your ICE pickup :p

Sponsored

Jernat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry hybrid, Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Just added a homelink MIrror on my XLT. It was a Kia 2T062-ADU01 made by Gentex. Easy to install and only one cord for dashcam and mirror. Now have auto dimming mirror with compass and garage door opener.

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? image0

Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? image1

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Just added a homelink MIrror on my XLT. It was a Kia 2T062-ADU01 made by Gentex. Easy to install and only one cord for dashcam and mirror. Now have auto dimming mirror with compass and garage door opener.
Have any more pictures? I assume you need to hardwire this in right? Dashcam uses the oem mirror plug?

Jernat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry hybrid, Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
The mirror cam with dongle and 3 wire taps. Just tapped into existing harness and stuffed all the wiring in the space in the headliner. Just a SINGLE wire from headliner to mirror

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Since the XLT, even the 312A, does not have the promised unique rear signature lighting red bar, I had to add a decal to the rear window just below lowest defroster line. Of course, this is outside. First decal, had to figure out where to peel backing off (blue stiffer plastic w paper, not the paper from the plastic!), then hold and stick translucent flexible rectangle, squeegee w credit card, then peel the translucent rectangle off leaving the image.
Ford F-150 Lightning ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_20221205_115853308 Decal hand w lightning bolt rear window

Last edited: