• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Just what do you all do to keep your sanity to deal with snow still this time of year? Hitting the 80's here, cleaning up the yard, grass is starting to peek out.

Got out for a wash today - got the truck and the new Y both done this afternoon. It'll become weekly now as it is stormy and rainy time now for a couple of months.

The AMB is an incredible color when clean and in the sun.

IMG_3808.jpeg
IMG_3811.jpeg
Upper midwest weather was especially cruel this weekend. I got my first tow in this weekend, pretty much maxed out with 3 yards of gravel in dump trailer. Friday evening adding some gravel to the mud ridden driveway (new home, waiting for my EV and solar tax credit to do concrete).

To be super redundant with what everyone else has reported on this forum, it is unbelievable how easy this truck tows. So smooth!

Unfortunately spring weather was gorgeous Friday, Then less than 12 hours later got nailed with 7" snow but it could have been worse, 10 miles east got 20" snow.

EDIT: I am AMB, I took delivery in November. I have yet to have a good glorious run of clean and sunny with the AMB! I am so looking forward to it.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Solaris13man

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
This weekend I added the ambient lighting for the Media Bin as well as swapped out the cup holders in the console with the ones that have the ambient lighting in them. It was a pretty easy install, and there is a forum thread that details how to do it. I think all in the cost was under $200 with all the parts and the custom harnesses from that thread. I grabbed a pic from the thread that shows what it looks like, I didn't have a chance to take one myself. I definitely think it was worth it as it was a pretty simple and cheap mod.

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? lightin

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
First wash and wax (Meguire's hybrid ceramic) since I got my girl. Of course it is supposed to snow tonight.
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? PXL_20230329_223235540

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Thanks for your quick response. This is very helpful. I need to ask you a favor; next time you are on the site, would you please let me know if you see your account number in URL after you log in? The following is what I see when I am under dashboard tab. It looks like my account number should be a part of URL. My account number shows up in my pass App and my points show up there as well. Still can't make a purchase using the app since it sends me back to this website. If you can see your account number in URL, I would appreciate it if you can take a screenshot and share (of course covering the number). That way I could see if it is possible to get around the problem but putting my account number in the right place.

1678250851577.png
My points finally were able to be used on the accessory website today

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
2023. Not sure where they got grey. It’s bronze
56CF9689-962E-46BE-9EAD-DBEB7A341A34.jpeg
how how i regret not getting that color. had it picked and my wife said the gray is nicer. This is another example of why you don't listen to your wife's opinion.

Sponsored

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
Added Rough Country seat covers (the middle headrest doesn’t fit :() but these will definitely protect the leather for a while!

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Just got my truck back from having XPEL protective film applied to the front, mirrors, A-pillars and leading edge for the roof line. They also applied to the grill, but only the flat part. Given the choice again, I wouldn't do the grill again. I did clear "shiny" so it is not noticeable. I do a fair amount of highway driving, so I'm trying to minimize rock chip damage.

Also, 2 months ago I applied Renew-Pro BLAK once a year tire treatment. I've tried everything that exists for tires. So far, I like this. It isn't shiny, it is flat black. The tires still look brand new. I applied it one time. My wife even digs it on her S. It is going on the plane's tires next.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Installed Inspired Overland roof top tent on my Uptop Overland bed rack today. I’ll test it out in Alabama Hills next weekend.
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 187F8FB3-77EC-4B17-87F7-0BED7749C26E
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? A82D61A2-5D6F-449A-8F95-7E16C41AF8DD

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
a very important mod. Replaced with a 3.2” stubby odd Amazon. So far reception is fine but honestly was thinking I might just delete it with a 1/4-20x.5” as we mainly listen to Spotify/streaming audio.

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? AF62D3A2-7AAB-4D52-9A34-5749BFB21D40

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Also, 2 months ago I applied Renew-Pro BLAK once a year tire treatment. I've tried everything that exists for tires. So far, I like this. It isn't shiny, it is flat black. The tires still look brand new. I applied it one time. My wife even digs it on her S. It is going on the plane's tires next.
Also my favorite tire black that I’ve used in terms of longevity and making tires look new without making them so glossy they look overdone

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Installed Inspired Overland roof top tent on my Uptop Overland bed rack today. I’ll test it out in Alabama Hills next weekend.
187F8FB3-77EC-4B17-87F7-0BED7749C26E.jpeg
A82D61A2-5D6F-449A-8F95-7E16C41AF8DD.jpeg
Thankful for Google. I checked before I asked if those Alabama Hills were in Alabama, because that would be one heck of a drive for you for some camping. Looks like they are truly a bit closer to you however in over in CA. Have fun.