• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
6,000 miles on mine and have never had the need to use a DC charger. No issues so far.
Will be interesting to see what pans out. ER. SR, DC charger, alternate suppliers due to supply issues... etc.
Hope they get it figured out

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Watching

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
This became apparent recently while monitoring the 2/6 production week when all four VIN's I'm watching are delayed with a reported "In production" date.

Hopefully we will see the line rolling soon!

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
What happens to all the workers when the whole line is shut down for an extended period of time? Do they have them do other busy/cleanup work, are they idle but paid, or are they temporarily laid off?
If the situation for the Louisville plant that assembles the Ford Escape is any indication (I have an Escape Hybrid on order that is supposed to be built in three weeks), I would anticipate that plant personnel would be temporarily laid off.

The Louisville Plant is supposed to resume operation on February 20 after being shut down due to some sort of "software issue."

Zap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge
Hi Rod. Well I bought a used Tesla Model X with really low miles a year ago. Almost immediately I had to replace 2 tires (very common) and two months later Tesla had to replace the entire HV battery. It took about a month. The car then got a small dent in a parking lot. Another month in the shop. After that I let it sit and many months later I traded it in on the Lightning. In fairness, my son has had Tesla for 4 years. Loves it and hasn’t spent a dime on service. Guess I just had crappy luck.
In an interview recently, Sandy Munro was highly complimentary of the F150 and Mach-E build quality. Except for the Teslas he's studied which are much better overall than anyone, he said the 2 Ford EVs were in 2nd place and WELL ahead of all other EV manufacturers that he's torn down to date, which is most (all?) of the mainstream models. You can always find individual outliers of car problems, but in general it's nice that you and your family are getting the cars with the best quality according to a very independent expert.

I'll give Ford a pass on this battery problem; good on them for finding it, knowing to halt production, and you know they'll fix it and get back up to speed. Somehow the anxiety of waiting for delivery seems to be forgiven on delivery day when you drive it away.

GolfJRM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning (If it ever gets delivered)
Occupation
Teacher
A question about this whole process. Let's say they have the stop build for a week. Will just the missed week get rescheduled to the first available unscheduled week, and everything else currently scheduled will still go as planned, or will Ford bump everything scheduled back one week? Just curious if everyone who has a current scheduled build will expect to be delayed.
They have been changing my delivery date by a week each week for the past 2 weeks

Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
They have been changing my delivery date by a week each week for the past 2 weeks
I was getting emails from someone else's maverick order and it got delayed many times, several months if I recall.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Maybe we were all beta testers and we will get free upgrades to Ford's Gen 2 EV Truck...

So far so good for me though, will be interesting to see if this issue is ALL sold Lightnings. I've not charged with a Level 3 charger yet, could that be my saving grace?
The saving grace from what? An unknown problem that has stopped production, would be caused by DC charging? Maybe it's caused by rain? I say that because it's as credible as wild guessing.

Any speculation that it's more than a current production issue is simply based on nothing.

Enjoy your truck. If there is an issue with it, Ford will let you know. Highly likely it's a non-issue for you and most others.

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
You
It would be nice to know whether this is for li-ion battery issues or lead acid battery issues. Anyone know?
Can be pretty sure they didn't shut this down because of the 12 volt battery. The only problem I've seen with it is the OTA updates see the 12 volt battery low on charge and fails to update. The solution to that until ford fixes the problem is to set your max charge to 85% instead of the recommended 80% OR put a trickle charger on your 12 volt battery. I understand ford has been discussing this problem in their meetings. Unresolved at the present except to setting your max charge no lower than 85%.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.