• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/16/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
My Lightning is finally home. Parsons didn’t come through on time so I had to do some creative financing at the dealership. I am exhausted but I’m very glad it’s over and my Lightning is sitting in my driveway.
Sponsored

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Congratulations on bringing the truck home, it has been a long process from reservation to delivery.
If you don’t mind me asking, what interest rate did the dealer give you and we’re they flexible?
Enjoy your truck.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
The dealer gave me 6,24% for 84 months through a local credit union. I’m still planning to go with Parsons at 5.12% once the paperwork comes through. I also plan to refinance at a 60 month rate in a year or so.

Even with putting 20% down my payments are going to be about $1k per month. I had some pretty big salary increases over this last year so the truck payment shouldn’t be a problem but I do like to keep my debt maintenance payments as low as possible. I still get the willys when I think about how much I paid for that truck but I think it’s going to be worth it and I expect to keep the truck a very long time.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
My delivery is now 3/19/2023 - 3/25/2023 from 2/17 - 2/24. 😭

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just checked the website and my delivery got delayed again, now the delivery date is 3/18 to 3/31. If this delay was caused by the battery issue why has other trucks built at the same time as mine been delivered. Time to visit the dealer and get some answers.

Sponsored

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
I just checked the website and my delivery got delayed again, now the delivery date is 3/18 to 3/31. If this delay was caused by the battery issue why has other trucks built at the same time as mine been delivered. Time to visit the dealer and get some answers.
Good luck. You'll get caught in an infinite loop of the dealer not having any information and Ford also not having any information. At least from my attempts...

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Just an update on my financing, Parsons finally sent a check to the dealer a week after I picked up the truck. The dealer is going to tear up the contract I signed to take the truck off of the lot. I’m glad the my delivery and financing circus is over and my heart goes to those of you that are still going through it.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's just an issue of timing. I think if the truck was still in transit during the production halt then they were directed back to Ford to be looked at/fixed/etc. That's what likely happened to mine anyway. Mine was shipped via convoy (on a bigger truck, not via rail) and was supposed to be delivered this week. Instead, my delivery window got updated to sometime in late March.

I'm kinda worried that it's going to be longer than that though. If they need to replace batteries it's not like they can just put the truck back into the middle of the production line or something. They'll need to come up with some ad-hoc solution for the affected trucks. Hopefully it's easy to tell which trucks will have a potential problem and which ones don't so that folks aren't waiting too long.

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I posted this in another thread:
Normally I’m an optimist but I’m also a realist and this battery issue is a real big problem. There is a line in a movie that said “Plan for the worst but hope for the best”. Best case Ford delivers by 3/31, (which seems to be the default date for all of us with trucks in transit) worst case there is a serious problem with the battery which necessitates a replacement. I’m no automotive production expert but to recall all these trucks and replace batteries will take months. So my 2011 F-150 is now off the market and the trips I planned to take with my new Lightning will be taken with my wife’s car. But like I said I’m an optimist so I’ll have my truck at the end of March.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got curious and asked ford chat where my truck is at. I figured they shipped them back to Dearborn -- and maybe that has happened with some trucks. But mine is at a port in Wilmington, DE which isn't terribly far from the dealer I'm going to pick it up from.

Just speculation, but I guess for some trucks all that's required is for ford to give the go ahead that it's okay to ship certain ones out?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Just speculation, but I guess for some trucks all that's required is for ford to give the go ahead that it's okay to ship certain ones out?
That's the standing rumor

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got this email from Ford this morning. Sucks but at least they reached out:

We know you’re excited to get your new Ford F‑150® Lightning™ truck, so we want to update you on the progress of your vehicle. While we are working hard to get your vehicle to you, some delays have occurred. Here’s what’s going on, and what you can expect.

Your vehicle was scheduled and built in January. However, during a standard F‑150®Lightning™ quality inspection, a truck in your similar build window displayed a battery issue. Our team sprung into action to determine if your truck is impacted. For quality assurance, all similar vehicles are being held at our plant or in transit for inspection as we work through engineering and process updates.

We expect to conclude our investigation soon and apply what we learn to the truck’s battery production process; this could take a few weeks. Once complete, we will conduct our standard quality review again, and begin the shipping process.

We will notify you when your vehicle is ready and preparing to ship.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and being a part of the Ford family. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out at 1‍‑800‍‑334‍‑4375.

Sincerely,
The F‑150 Lightning Team

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Got this email from Ford this morning. Sucks but at least they reached out:

We know you’re excited to get your new Ford F‑150® Lightning™ truck, so we want to update you on the progress of your vehicle. While we are working hard to get your vehicle to you, some delays have occurred. Here’s what’s going on, and what you can expect.

Your vehicle was scheduled and built in January. However, during a standard F‑150®Lightning™ quality inspection, a truck in your similar build window displayed a battery issue. Our team sprung into action to determine if your truck is impacted. For quality assurance, all similar vehicles are being held at our plant or in transit for inspection as we work through engineering and process updates.

We expect to conclude our investigation soon and apply what we learn to the truck’s battery production process; this could take a few weeks. Once complete, we will conduct our standard quality review again, and begin the shipping process.

We will notify you when your vehicle is ready and preparing to ship.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and being a part of the Ford family. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out at 1‍‑800‍‑334‍‑4375.

Sincerely,
The F‑150 Lightning Team
I got the same email this morning, finally something official from Ford, but nothing we didn’t already know. From the information I’m getting from the dealership is that they have not been informed of the shipping delays either. I got an email from the dealership stating my truck was in the San Diego area and should be delivered in a few days. But we all know that my truck will sit in San Diego until Ford gives the ok to ship to the dealer. Best case the end of the month.

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just checked my order status and my delivery date was slipped out again, now it will be delivered as late as 4/14. Deja vu all over again. Another two week delay followed by another two week delay followed by……..

jlwillia6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Silverado, ‘23 Lightning Lariat ER (ordered)
My expected delivery is 3/12 to 3/18. It’s currently late afternoon on the 15th and no sign of my truck yet. So then I started wondering if ANYONE has taken delivery this week, after the stop production / delivery was lifted.

Can anyone confirm a delivery this week?
Sponsored