• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/16/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
It’s funny how much my attitude has changed since I took delivery of my Lightning. Before I used to search through every thread on this forum for any scrap of information that could impact my delivery and truck configuration. Now I hardly read through the threads at all.

I guess you could say that I was frustrated in my EV desires even years before I reserved my Lightning but now I’m sated. I now have very little interest in what new EVs are coming out. The nervous energy that used to go into researching new EVs now seems to be focused on what can I do with my Lightning.

I’m ready to settle into a long relationship with my Lightning. I already have a bunch of adventures planned out with my Lightning and can’t wait to get started. Now all I’ve got to do is find the time to do some of the things I want to do with my Lightning.

I know many of you are still feeling that frustrated desire that comes before your Lightning delivery. But take heart, if you have your order in, your bliss is on its’ way.
Sponsored

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just received news from my dealer that they are now taking delivery of new Lightnings, mine will be delivered next week.
What I found interesting is the amount of travel my truck has endured. According to the website my truck was built on 1/30/23 and shipped on 1/31/23 and it arrived at the railyard in Mira Loma, ca on 2/13/23. But then the battery fire took place and the truck was shipped back to Flat Rock Missouri, for what I can only assume was a battery replacement or repair. The truck is currently on a rail car on its way back to California.
The light at the end of the tunnel is getting very bright. I hope the rest of trucks assembled during this “Build-Week” will be arriving at the dealers very soon.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
I just received news from my dealer that they are now taking delivery of new Lightnings, mine will be delivered next week.
What I found interesting is the amount of travel my truck has endured. According to the website my truck was built on 1/30/23 and shipped on 1/31/23 and it arrived at the railyard in Mira Loma, ca on 2/13/23. But then the battery fire took place and the truck was shipped back to Flat Rock Missouri, for what I can only assume was a battery replacement or repair. The truck is currently on a rail car on its way back to California.
The light at the end of the tunnel is getting very bright. I hope the rest of trucks assembled during this “Build-Week” will be arriving at the dealers very soon.
Did your dealer tell you that it was on a rail cart now? Were they able to track all of those movements?

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
You got me excited enough to call my dealer but his system doesn't show any change in mine (built on 2/5). but it's sure good to hear things are moving again. the wait is almost over!

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Did your dealer tell you that it was on a rail cart now? Were they able to track all of those movements?
My dealer was able to retrieve an updated tracking history of my vehicle. The dealer did mention that this history had not been updated for some time but the report now said it was in transit to California, I’m assuming by rail. I would talk to your dealer I’m sure they can provide the same history for your truck.

Sponsored

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
My dealer was able to retrieve an updated tracking history of my vehicle. The dealer did mention that this history had not been updated for some time but the report now said it was in transit to California, I’m assuming by rail. I would talk to your dealer I’m sure they can provide the same history for your truck.
Yeah he provided the most up to date history entry, but when i asked for the whole history i got crickets so I was just curous who you got that from.

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah he provided the most up to date history entry, but when i asked for the whole history i got crickets so I was just curous who you got that from.
I got all my information from my sales representative and he got the history from a website, which one I don’t know. I’m assuming that this data is only for dealers. The sales guy also said that this data had just been updated which was why he was unable to provide any status for the last two months.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Got excited hearing about movement so just chatted with Ford (the salesperson at my dealer ghosts me 7 times out of 10). Still stuck at the port of Wilmington, DE. So unless it got shipped back to Michigan and back to the port since March 1st (the last time I checked) pretty sure it's gonna be there awhile.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I’m a little shocked that nobody on this thread has reported receiving their Lightning since my last post. I have already put over 2,500 miles on my Lightning including a pleasant little trip to Colorado and back. I hope to hear that all of you are racking up miles on your Lightnings real soon.

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I’m a little shocked that nobody on this thread has reported receiving their Lightning since my last post. I have already put over 2,500 miles on my Lightning including a pleasant little trip to Colorado and back. I hope to hear that all of you are racking up miles on your Lightnings real soon.
You haven’t heard anything because I believe no one has received their truck, I haven’t. I just got another two week delivery delay, won’t be here until 4/25. But I can’t trust this date as it could change, as it did today. It appears that Ford has a big problem with the batteries that has affected more trucks than they have let on. All I can get from Ford is my truck is on hold, can’t tell me why or where the truck is located and the dealer is less informed than I am. Patience has just about run out.

Sponsored

skohla

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Teacher
You haven’t heard anything because I believe no one has received their truck, I haven’t. I just got another two week delivery delay, won’t be here until 4/25. But I can’t trust this date as it could change, as it did today. It appears that Ford has a big problem with the batteries that has affected more trucks than they have let on. All I can get from Ford is my truck is on hold, can’t tell me why or where the truck is located and the dealer is less informed than I am. Patience has just about run out.
I got the same update on the tracker yesterday. Another two weeks, but the dealer just texted me that my truck is on their load for today. Go figure. Told him I would believe it when I see it.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All I can get from Ford is my truck is on hold, can’t tell me why or where the truck is located and the dealer is less informed than I am. Patience has just about run out.
Not saying this will work 100% of the time, but I have found that politely and explicitly asking for the location can get you an answer from Ford's chat line. I usually have to ask the rep twice to get the info.

As far as I'm aware mine is still stuck in the port of Wilmington, DE and hasn't moved since the stop ship order. The order tracker updated maybe a month ago with the range 4/13-4/26 and hasn't budged since.

skohla

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Teacher
I got the same update on the tracker yesterday. Another two weeks, but the dealer just texted me that my truck is on their load for today. Go figure. Told him I would believe it when I see it.
False alarm. Truck ended up not on the load for today. The GM called to tell me what happened. Apparently a couple other dealers in the area had the same issue today. He was able to track that it has been moving around a lot too. Back and forth between Dearborn and Flat Rock and it is on another rail going somewhere now.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don't want to get anyone too excited but the order tracker (the public one, not the one on your account) updated the "Last Updated" field to 04/13/2023. Previously this was stuck on 02/15/2023. Nothing else was updated.

Could mean that I'm about to get another delay, or it could mean something more positive. Progress I guess! 😅

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Could mean that I'm about to get another delay, or it could mean something more positive. Progress I guess! 😅
Might be coming off stop-ship-hold status!!!!
Sponsored