• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E tron, Dodge Ram 1500 Limited, BMW iX50
Occupation
Business Owner
Welcome aboard! Looks like it's just you and me this week. ( in the forum). What day is yours scheduled for? mine will be on Sunday. Silver Lariat ER
Thanks! I received an email yesterday saying there was an update to my truck but when I log in to the dashboard, everything looks the same. It just says "Scheduled for Production
Week of 1/30/2023" under order status. Are you suggesting I should have an actual build day this week at this point? This process has been most frustrating. I was in a September wave and immediately put my order in. Only then did my dealer decide on doing a $10K markup. So I had to contact Ford to back out the order and assign to another dealer. This was a 2 month beaucratic hassle that set the production back quite a bit. So I'm hoping it really is going to be built this week.
Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Thanks! I received an email yesterday saying there was an update to my truck but when I log in to the dashboard, everything looks the same. It just says "Scheduled for Production
Week of 1/30/2023" under order status. Are you suggesting I should have an actual build day this week at this point? This process has been most frustrating. I was in a September wave and immediately put my order in. Only then did my dealer decide on doing a $10K markup. So I had to contact Ford to back out the order and assign to another dealer. This was a 2 month beaucratic hassle that set the production back quite a bit. So I'm hoping it really is going to be built this week.
The build day, also called the blend day, when all of your parts/components come together at the start of the line. Get the blend day from your window sticker. not sure how to get it on the web site, but here is a direct link provided elsewhere on this forum. Just add your Vin# to the end of the url. https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=ENTER YOUR VIN# HERE see explanation in post #3 by TaxManHog the window sticker he's using is actually mine. My build will be #803 out of 851 trucks for the week and my blend (build) day is Sunday of this week (2/5) wierd by production weeks start on Monday.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Congrat's your truck went into production on schedule yesterday Jan 30th 2023

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1675201804559

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1675201837209

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Congrat's your truck went into production on schedule yesterday Jan 30th 2023

1675201804559.png

1675201837209.png
Very cool, thank you! Are you able to tell from this when its expected to ship? How do you know the production numbers (in my case 240/294) represent the number of trucks being produced that day (or it it week)? Just curious as I read Ford's Lightening production in all of December was around 2400 units so this would seem like a big ramp up if they're now doing 294 a day or even 851 a week based on davehu's post.

Sponsored

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Lucky Ken! I have to wait until Sunday.
My dealer told me mine will end up on a train which sometimes delays things a bit depending on when they can fill the train. So you may yet get yours sooner:)

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
TaxmanHog I know you have my information and I figured you update your spreadsheet periodically but I can't find me on it even though I entered my data a month ago and up
Hope your build & delivery goes smoothly!!
I cannot find my listing on your tracker even though I know you have it cause you looked up my window sticker. I've done a search for my user name on all tabs and nothing comes up. ???

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Very cool, thank you! Are you able to tell from this when its expected to ship? How do you know the production numbers (in my case 240/294) represent the number of trucks being produced that day (or it it week)? Just curious as I read Ford's Lightening production in all of December was around 2400 units so this would seem like a big ramp up if they're now doing 294 a day or even 851 a week based on davehu's post.
Gross production is actually 851 trucks for the entire week {122 a day}, but your and Dave's trucks have spray in liners so the sequence numbers are revised to show how many liner trucks will que up in front of the spray in shop [294] of you will hang out there for a couple extra days before heading to the train staging area where the other 557 will also be waiting for a train.

Ramp up has not fully occured yet based on the scheduled production week starting 2/6 it is at 847, hoping to see ramp up in the coming weeks.

My dealer told me mine will end up on a train which sometimes delays things a bit depending on when they can fill the train. So you may yet get yours sooner:)
They will batch trucks on a south & east bound run passing through Ohio, Buffalo NY, Selkirk NY ending at E Brookfield Mass.

Your truck will sit in E Brookfield waiting for NH bound convoy hauler bringing it to your dealership

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
TaxmanHog I know you have my information and I figured you update your spreadsheet periodically but I can't find me on it even though I entered my data a month ago and up

I cannot find my listing on your tracker even though I know you have it cause you looked up my window sticker. I've done a search for my user name on all tabs and nothing comes up. ???
I stopped accumulating data on my sheet as of build week 12/19, it's a huge undertaking to monitor all the production data continuously, FORD made it more difficult to pull statistics with the reCaptcha intervention.

Soon I will wrap up the last 6 trucks
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1675206218290

In the meantime you can continue updating your situation dates on the official forum tracker using the updates link to self report changes as they occur.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1675206426332

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Thanks. I have mine entered in the forum tracker but it's had to view. it's presented in a small box and the only way I can make it viewable is to cut and past it into excel, reformatting it every time I look at it...uuuggghhh...
Is there a direct link to it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. I have mine entered in the forum tracker but it's had to view. it's presented in a small box and the only way I can make it viewable is to cut and past it into excel, reformatting it every time I look at it...uuuggghhh...
Is there a direct link to it?

Direct link to the forum table:
F-150 Lightning - Orders Tracker - Google Sheets

If you're familiar with sheets, you can, SELECT ROW 6, then create a new temporary filter view, then further, filter, select and sort by the various rows by selected columns.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1675441717361

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
got an email saying my order status had changed, but on Ford.com I really couldn't detect anything different but I think I've seen many others at different times get something similar . My build is supposed to start tomorrow.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
according the Ford tracker, My Lightning started it's build on 2/4, one day earlier than it's scheduled 2/5. Good news. My dealer just told me that his system shows "produced"! Great news! will be visiting today to see what they'll offer me in trade for my 2013 Black Diamond Avalanche.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
according the Ford tracker, My Lightning started it's build on 2/4, one day earlier than it's scheduled 2/5. Good news. My dealer just told me that his system shows "produced"! Great news! will be visiting today to see what they'll offer me in trade for my 2013 Black Diamond Avalanche.
Got a fair trade in offer but I am still going to try and sell it myself but now I have a baseline price.
My Lightning has left the assembly area and is in line to get the spray in bed liner. progress!
Sponsored