• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
doesn't look good with the stop production/ship on. I see in other threads many with build weeks from early January still haven't see their trucks shipped, let alone delivered. oh well, I'm off to Florida for a couple weeks. Was hoping I'd have my truck when I get back at the end of the month, but looks like it will be mid-late March? At this point it's been 21 months, what's another 4 weeks?

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E tron, Dodge Ram 1500 Limited, BMW iX50
Occupation
Business Owner
Pretty disappointed that my truck is one of the ones stuck- who knows, maybe its the one that caught fire:) The Ford dashboard I have access to still shows it as scheduled for 1/30 production but my dealer says his system indicates its in a "storage" area so its been manufactured at least.
I'm thinking they'll have a lot of trucks made and on the lot when they finally clear the battery issue and every incentive to get them on trains quickly so that they're sold in time for them to count in 1Q earnings.

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Kia Niro Ev, '23 Avalanche Lightning XLT
Hello everyone, first time positing. My build date was 2/4/23 and has shown as "in production" ever since.

Based on this thread, as well as some others, I called my dealership this morning and my truck is actually fully built and sitting in the lot up in Dearborn. Dealership shows it as connected to the network and was even able to pull it up on satellite. So good news is that mine wasn't one of the ones burnt to a crisp.

Strange that the tracker for me still shows as "in production". The dealership's system still shows that my truck is supposed to be delivered to them on 3/02 (Central Ohio), but that's obviously not happening, and the dealership doesn't think it will either. They haven't received any solid information from Ford of when it'll move to transport or when the hold will be lifted for already produced trucks.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Hello everyone, first time positing. My build date was 2/4/23 and has shown as "in production" ever since.

Based on this thread, as well as some others, I called my dealership this morning and my truck is actually fully built and sitting in the lot up in Dearborn. Dealership shows it as connected to the network and was even able to pull it up on satellite. So good news is that mine wasn't one of the ones burnt to a crisp.

Strange that the tracker for me still shows as "in production". The dealership's system still shows that my truck is supposed to be delivered to them on 3/02 (Central Ohio), but that's obviously not happening, and the dealership doesn't think it will either. They haven't received any solid information from Ford of when it'll move to transport or when the hold will be lifted for already produced trucks.
That's interesting. perhaps my truck is sitting next to yours in the lot! I've been on the road for 2 weeks so I haven't talked to my dealer. We'll be back in a few days so I'll see what he has to say..

Drove from Hot Springs to Florida, then to Houston. Didn't see a single Lightning! Where is everybody??? :)

Sponsored

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So my current running theory, amplified since the 18 Truck Recall, is that there are a fairly decent swath of trucks effected by whatever caused the fire and this recall. I think thatt our trucks, built this week and before/around, are all going back through the line, or into a shop, to get new battery packs.

I'm going to call Ford today to see if I can garner any more insight, but my truck is still, to this day showing as "in production" in the official tracker, even though I know that it's been fully built and sitting on the lot now for over a month.

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I agree with your speculation. My truck status still shows "Scheduled for Production
Week of 1/30/2023". The complete lack of any communication from Ford direct to customers is really shocking and terrible for their reputation. You get better proactive communication on delays if you buy a $50 shirt online than a $100K truck from Ford.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I agree with your speculation. My truck status still shows "Scheduled for Production
Week of 1/30/2023". The complete lack of any communication from Ford direct to customers is really shocking and terrible for their reputation. You get better proactive communication on delays if you buy a $50 shirt online than a $100K truck from Ford.
I DID receive something from Ford on March 3rd, explaining the delay and asking for our patience while they work it out. Don't see how to expect anything else at this point.

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I DID receive something from Ford on March 3rd, explaining the delay and asking for our patience while they work it out. Don't see how to expect anything else at this point.
ok good. I have not received any communication from Ford

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting. Do you have a window sticker you can download? Mine shows that my truck was 769 of 851 schedule for that week.

My additional assumption is that when they made the decision on the stop production they froze the tracker. My truck went all the way through, moved to the lot, and is fully connected to the network and satellite trackable, according to my dealership, but the online tracker hasn't moved. It'd be interesting to see what other members' trackers show, and where they are in build order for the week.

Sponsored

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I received the same email. Along with additional internal communication what has really stood out to me are the following two statements in regards to stop-ship and already produced vehicles:

"We’ll continue holding already-produced vehicles while we update parts and engineering processes; we’ll provide an update on specific timing later."

"As REVC ramps up production, we will continue holding already-produced vehicles while we work through engineering and parts updates."

These comments are echoed again and again, specifically to already built vehicles, with no additional comments or follow-up. Tied into the "as REVC ramps up" it really seems as if they know that our trucks are effected by the same issues and need packs replaced. 18 vehicles got out into the wild, but many more trucks that hadn't been shipped are effected.

My truck was originally built on 2/4, scheduled to be delivered to the dealership on 3/6.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
been checking forums every morning for some evidence that a vehicle built but on hold has been release, but still nothing. checking forum postings, it appears the fire happened on Feb 4th the same day my Lariat was actually built, according to my dealer. And postings indicate that the 18 Lightnings actually recalled were built the week before mine, on the week of 1/23 if I'm correct.

This forum has noone with a build date of that week if I see this all correctly, so it seems that my Lightnings built the week of 1/30 may be the first one to ship after the production hold. So all 2 (or 3) of us stay alert!

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
been checking forums every morning for some evidence that a vehicle built but on hold has been release, but still nothing. checking forum postings, it appears the fire happened on Feb 4th the same day my Lariat was actually built, according to my dealer. And postings indicate that the 18 Lightnings actually recalled were built the week before mine, on the week of 1/23 if I'm correct.

This forum has noone with a build date of that week if I see this all correctly, so it seems that my Lightnings built the week of 1/30 may be the first one to ship after the production hold. So all 2 (or 3) of us stay alert!
My lightning was built in the same week and on the same day as yours, which I've posted about above.

I thought it had shipped to me as I was getting updates via VinView, but it appears that it was shipped to the Flat Rock location either for a new battery pack and/or for other quality control issues, fixes, or updates. It was released to the carrier again last week but no movement since, and it still shows as in production in the tracker, so it may need additional work according to other forum members.

What does your truck show as in the online tracker?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
What does your truck show as in the online tracker?
Dave's truck is still in limbo like many others.... His truck was scheduled for blend Sunday the 5th, but got a early kickoff on Saturday the 4th, modules and tear tag posted and now just sitting and waiting.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1679925931266

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Dave's truck is still in limbo like many others.... His truck was scheduled for blend Sunday the 5th, but got a early kickoff on Saturday the 4th, modules and tear tag posted and now just sitting and waiting.

1679925931266.png
thanks for checking.
Sponsored