• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I've called Ford several times in the last couple of weeks. They say their systems are rarely updated but confirm that they only see what I see on the website "in production week of 1/30" but they also said it was in transit and due to the dealer on 4/8. I asked if they could contact their logistics to confirm which of these statuses was real and they said they couldn't do any kind of checking or escalation until the due date passed. A few days after 4/8 when neither I nor the dealer heard anything, I called back and they again suggested the truck both hadn't been built yet and also was in transit and now due to the dealer by Friday 4/21. They seemed unconcerned that their systems are so badly out of date and inaccurate. "I'm so sorry, sir there's nothing I can do"

I asked for zero down lease terms on this truck and was told Ford is offering $1994/ month for a 36 month lease with 12K miles/ year. So basically they're suggesting this $100K vehicle will lose 60-70% of its value in 3 years. And even if it doesn't, the lease doesn't allow me to buy the vehicle at the end. That kind of says a lot about what kind of company Ford is.

After 2 years of waiting, terrible communication from Ford, and general incompetence unrelated to the battery delay in February, I have lost all interest in this truck. It just doesn't make sense to reward a company like this with $100K order. So I will likely cancel the order this Friday even if it does show up. I will hold on to my beloved Dodge Ram Limited until their electric version comes out next year and upgrade to it. I think it will smoke the Lightening.

I've also engaged many times with Sunrun to get the charger shipped to me and installed. This has been a huge debacle with no end in sight.

I'd be curious to hear any comments to the above from others in a similar spot and also if you think I should even bother to buy and resell the Lightenings I have on order when they do show up instead of canceling them. I've heard the resale market is pretty soft.
I'm in the same boat. Couple weeks ago customer service confirmed what my dealer told me that it was built but not shipped and gave me a delivery date for mid April but I' haven't seen anything yet.
Can't blame you for backing out. But you'll be 2 years before you'll see the RAM . promised starting availability is late 2024 and they haven't even built the plant to produce them yet. summer/fall 2025 is more like it for first ship.

Are you going to forfeit a deposit?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I called back and they again suggested the truck both hadn't been built yet
It was programmed (has a modules tear tag), but nearly 3 months in production with no ~BUILT~ date means there is a MAJOR QA issue or missing feature that is holding up the truck.

The CSA's hand is tied, they don't have access to production notes to explain why it's held up.

Good luck with your future vehicle.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1681933939798

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1681933980890

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E tron, Dodge Ram 1500 Limited, BMW iX50
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm in the same boat. Couple weeks ago customer service confirmed what my dealer told me that it was built but not shipped and gave me a delivery date for mid April but I' haven't seen anything yet.
Can't blame you for backing out. But you'll be 2 years before you'll see the RAM . promised starting availability is late 2024 and they haven't even built the plant to produce them yet. summer/fall 2025 is more like it for first ship.

Are you going to forfeit a deposit?
I will ask the dealer about the deposit. I assumed it was refundable but even if not officially, I would think the dealer can sell this truck for over invoice so would be glad to take it off my hands without penalty.
Yes the RAM won't be available for awhile and I'm sure the other EV trucks announced release dates will be pushed back numerous times. Its disappointing to have to wait so long and also to see what sometimes looks like selling overly optimistic timeframes just to get the market excited and raise money (e.g. Rivian, Ford, Tesla). In Ford's case, I wasn't at all concerned about the battery defect. More concerning is their chronic inability to communicate to their own organization what's going on with a $100K in revenue order. If a 120 year old company can't implement simple WIP tracking software, and coordinate a customer communication process about issue resolution, it has to say something about the quality of their products and capabilities of the leadership.
There is shockingly few genuinely fun and well designed EVs available right now. The Lightening seemed like an exception- great teach, comfortable, and good range without any sacrifices versus a ICE F150. But I think people should wait for the second generation- early adopters are taking on too much depreciation risk and general disrespect as customers on top of the high prices. It can't be THAT great of a truck, can it?

Genuinely open to other's disagreement on this. Sometimes a little time brings wisdom. I was crazy about this truck. Now I'm wondering why I don't just buy a known great product like an established ICE truck from any of the big 3, and take the $30K in savings to install solar or something else for the environment that has a predictable and better pay off.

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
It was programmed (has a modules tear tag), but nearly 3 months in production with no ~BUILT~ date means there is a MAJOR QA issue or missing feature that is holding up the truck.

The CSA's hand is tied, they don't have access to production notes to explain why it's held up.

Good luck with your future vehicle.

1681933939798.png

1681933980890.png
Thank you for this insight. At least now I can give up hope that I MIGHT get it this week. Not going to happen I guess. The cost of this collective disappointment and frustration from what must be hundreds/thousands of others could easily have been offset by some simple email updates. It would have bought some goodwill.

Sponsored

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I will ask the dealer about the deposit. I assumed it was refundable but even if not officially, I would think the dealer can sell this truck for over invoice so would be glad to take it off my hands without penalty.
Yes the RAM won't be available for awhile and I'm sure the other EV trucks announced release dates will be pushed back numerous times. Its disappointing to have to wait so long and also to see what sometimes looks like selling overly optimistic timeframes just to get the market excited and raise money (e.g. Rivian, Ford, Tesla). In Ford's case, I wasn't at all concerned about the battery defect. More concerning is their chronic inability to communicate to their own organization what's going on with a $100K in revenue order. If a 120 year old company can't implement simple WIP tracking software, and coordinate a customer communication process about issue resolution, it has to say something about the quality of their products and capabilities of the leadership.
There is shockingly few genuinely fun and well designed EVs available right now. The Lightening seemed like an exception- great teach, comfortable, and good range without any sacrifices versus a ICE F150. But I think people should wait for the second generation- early adopters are taking on too much depreciation risk and general disrespect as customers on top of the high prices. It can't be THAT great of a truck, can it?

Genuinely open to other's disagreement on this. Sometimes a little time brings wisdom. I was crazy about this truck. Now I'm wondering why I don't just buy a known great product like an established ICE truck from any of the big 3, and take the $30K in savings to install solar or something else for the environment that has a predictable and better pay off.
Just an update- my dealer called me today after doing extensive research and was told that my Lightening is on a quality issue hold at the factory. The "earliest" he said I'd see it is mid May but this sounded like a wild guess and only if it shipped right away.

So I'm definitely done with Ford. I have this and another Lightening on order. I did confirm I can cancel and get my deposit back. Just seems like a shame after waiting 2 years. The dealer said interestingly that waiting until it arrives to cancel it does not help them have a nice truck to sell to someone else because once ordered, they get it regardless, even if you cancel before manufacturing. He also said they just got another Platinum (presumably from another cancelation) and have been struggling to sell it for 3 weeks. He said getting my two Platinums will actually hurt their allocation and cause them to struggle to sell them (due to the "economy" though I suspect demand has softened considerably, especially on over $80K units not eligible for rebates).

So my question to all of you is, do you think there's any value in me keeping the reservations and selling the truck when it arrives to someone else, perhaps for a small profit for all this hassle? If my sense of the market is right, perhaps I might have trouble selling it and this is a bad idea.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Just an update- my dealer called me today after doing extensive research and was told that my Lightening is on a quality issue hold at the factory. The "earliest" he said I'd see it is mid May but this sounded like a wild guess and only if it shipped right away.

So I'm definitely done with Ford. I have this and another Lightening on order. I did confirm I can cancel and get my deposit back. Just seems like a shame after waiting 2 years. The dealer said interestingly that waiting until it arrives to cancel it does not help them have a nice truck to sell to someone else because once ordered, they get it regardless, even if you cancel before manufacturing. He also said they just got another Platinum (presumably from another cancelation) and have been struggling to sell it for 3 weeks. He said getting my two Platinums will actually hurt their allocation and cause them to struggle to sell them (due to the "economy" though I suspect demand has softened considerably, especially on over $80K units not eligible for rebates).

So my question to all of you is, do you think there's any value in me keeping the reservations and selling the truck when it arrives to someone else, perhaps for a small profit for all this hassle? If my sense of the market is right, perhaps I might have trouble selling it and this is a bad idea.
Feeling the way that you do, I'd cut the cord and be done with it.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Unless you have an inside line on a couple of whales willing to pay asking price, I suspect you will suffer worse than the dealers are at the moment, JMHO.

Sponsored

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Unless you have an inside line on a couple of whales willing to pay asking price, I suspect you will suffer worse than the dealers are at the moment, JMHO.
Thanks. I canceled both of them last night and picked up a new EV car. Tough but it was the best decision. I wish you guys the best with your trucks.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
called Ford this morning. She says my Lariat was "released to carrier" and the ETA at my dealer was/is today. She transferred me to my dealer, left a message and waiting on a call back. trying not to get my hopes up.... we'll see

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
called Ford this morning. She says my Lariat was "released to carrier" and the ETA at my dealer was/is today. She transferred me to my dealer, left a message and waiting on a call back. trying not to get my hopes up.... we'll see
Snap a photo of the door jam sticker with the weight & tire pressure values .... something doesn't wash!!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1682952382072

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
dealer has no new information. his last update on vinview was in mid February. frustration continues.
Sponsored