• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Just talk to FMC again... new ETA (it was 5-15) for me is June 2nd. It's clear that manufacturing has a system that automatically adds 2 weeks to the ETA when the date passes with no movement.

I have begun thinking that perhaps I should just cancel my order and place another one when 2024 order banks open. As I have now been waiting 2 years what's another 6 months? could the price go up? maybe, but maybe not with more competition on the horizon.
3+ month wait is unusual delay in production, (i've seen others like yours) sorry for the exeprience.
Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
went to my dealer this morning and told him my patience was wearing thin. I didn't mention cancelling but hinted at it. However, vinview was updated twice at the end of last week. May 24th my Lariat ER returned from off site and received at the REVC and on Friday (26th) was received on Ramp 51 in Flat Rock, presumably waiting for a rail car. (My tracker still shows in production 2/5 but does note an update on May 26th) I'm afraid to get my hopes up again. fingers are crossed.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
call to FMC this morning says ETS still "pending update" However, dealer's inventory report says it's in transit and could be here "any day"
fingers crossed a little tighter as well as knocking on wood.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This in my inbox this morning (Sunday!) 4 months and 6 days after it was built the first time (was waiting for a bedliner the day of the fire) and 6 months to the day after placing my order.
1686518937535.jpeg
Make sure you share the build date information on the tire pressure door jam sticker, I'm curious if this is the original construction or a new assembly with your VIN

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1686521449381

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Make sure you share the build date information on the tire pressure door jam sticker, I'm curious if this is the original construction or a new assembly with your VIN

1686521449381.png
saw you post something similiar to someone else and went ???... but I get it. the tire preassure sticker also has the actual build date. it could say 6/9 but it might also say 2/5.... I'll be sure and post it when it arrives. Again THANK YOU for all you do to support members of this forum.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
still waiting for it to be loaded onto a rail car. ETA officially is July 5th. it's been 8 days since marked "built".

Reading other posts I'm wondering if part of my long delay is that they not only had to replace a battery pack, but also got held up by the rear lightbar recall.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I think I'm the last (or close to last) vehicle to be shipped that got caught in the battery fire hold back in February, but it's on it's way.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1687176715502

Also noticed on my For "dashboard" that it has this:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1687177413918

so much for my earlier theory

Last edited:

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
dealer confirmed that my truck is on a Canadian National rail car (TTGX965443) headed to Memphis and there transferred to a truck for the 3 1/2 hour drive here. I guess there is no way to track that. But not a big deal. i don't need a daily update. ETA to the dealer is 6/26 - 7/2 . It's getting close

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
ironically My boat died on me and I had to take it in for service. the race is on to see which comes in first, the Lightning or my boat. But either way I'm waiting until I get the Lightning to pick up my boat!

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Got the call this afternoon. My Lightning has arrived. Meeting the dealer tomorrow morning to discuss trade in but.... I put my Avalanche on FB marketplace and Craiglist and had it sold in 30 minutes. Buyer is meeting me with cash tomorrow, so it looks like I'll be driving my Lightning home tomorrow afternoon!!!! 4 1/2 months after it was built the first time, 6 1/2 months after placing an order and 2yrs one month after placing a reservation. Thanks to all who have been monitoring my progress.

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E tron, Dodge Ram 1500 Limited, BMW iX50
Occupation
Business Owner
Got the call this afternoon. My Lightning has arrived. Meeting the dealer tomorrow morning to discuss trade in but.... I put my Avalanche on FB marketplace and Craiglist and had it sold in 30 minutes. Buyer is meeting me with cash tomorrow, so it looks like I'll be driving my Lightning home tomorrow afternoon!!!! 4 1/2 months after it was built the first time, 6 1/2 months after placing an order and 2yrs one month after placing a reservation. Thanks to all who have been monitoring my progress.
Congratulations! You have been very patient. Ford should give you some really nice extras for all this trouble. Let us know how you like it.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Can't wait to see the load/tire specifications sticker on your truck!!!!

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I can't believe this. Sold my Avalanche last night 10 minutes after I put in FB marketplace. Saw my truck this morning and was to pick up after I meet the guy(wholesaler) with the cash at noon. At 11:40 I got a call back from my dealer telling me that the NTHS recall on the light bar issue prevents them from releasing the vehicle and he repeated what I've seen others post here that the replacement isn't expected until October. Unbelievable. I was within a few days of cancelling last month but saw movement, but October? I' can't see picking up a truck in October when it's literally a year old. .....to be continued......
Sponsored