• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
I'm in the exact same situation. Wanted a PRO, order got bumped, finally ordered, and wouldn't you know it we're in the small group of Lightnings that apparently are either at risk of self immolation or are just being held for liability reasons.
But not all of us, apparently others in build week 1/9/23 are completely safe...
Sponsored

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
But not all of us, apparently others in build week 1/9/23 are completely safe...
There's some individuals in the 1/16 build group that got their trucks delivered before the stop ship as well.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Y'all hang in there. I got mine two weeks ago - only held up a week in the lot in Nashville before being delivered to the dealership near Memphis. I'm sorry about the frustration y'all are bearing - but once you get your Lightning, it will be great. I've had 2 wheeeeeks of fun so far! :D:D:D:D

Whoabeats

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 Volt, ‘97 ram 2500 CTD
Is there anyone else who has been stuck in production like this since January? From all I’ve read I seem to be an outlier.
Both screenshots are from today 3/8.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 5FC85245-267A-4735-9272-63F62BC86F77
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) DF09B4B8-B796-4B93-8888-CBC718B4E91D

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Is there anyone else who has been stuck in production like this since January? From all I’ve read I seem to be an outlier.
Both screenshots are from today 3/8.
5FC85245-267A-4735-9272-63F62BC86F77.png
DF09B4B8-B796-4B93-8888-CBC718B4E91D.png

I moved your post to the 1/9 build week, Sunday is the last day of production for the week.

Your truck is built and alive, but not updated as you noted above.

Hopefully it will be in the coming weeks once all phases of production resume and your truck doesn't have a suspect battery pack

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1678327299872

Sponsored

Whoabeats

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 Volt, ‘97 ram 2500 CTD
Thanks for moving me over I wasn’t sure which production week information was accurate.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Hopefully it will be in the coming weeks once all phases of production resume and your truck doesn't have a suspect battery pack

Do you think that all batteries in the trucks that were built and waiting to ship had to be brought back in and checked out?

I spoke on the phone with a customer rep today and she said that Production is starting back up on 13th but shipping will still be on hold for a while. I asked her what did she base that statement on but she couldn't answer my question. They ALL are just guessing because Ford keeps them in the dark just as much as their customers, smh.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
I wish I knew. Some in limbo got trucks, some held. I got mine. Grateful. But I sleep with one open. ;)

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Do you think that all batteries in the trucks that were built and waiting to ship had to be brought back in and checked out?

I spoke on the phone with a customer rep today and she said that Production is starting back up on 13th but shipping will still be on hold for a while. I asked her what did she base that statement on but she couldn't answer my question. They ALL are just guessing because Ford keeps them in the dark just as much as their customers, smh.
Just my observations from prior production issues, the trucks requiring repairs will suffer delays as the available parts coming from the battery factory will first be prioritized to routine production and excess will go to held for repairs and the balance to warranty work in the field.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Just my observations from prior production issues, the trucks requiring repairs will suffer delays as the available parts coming from the battery factory will first be prioritized to routine production and excess will go to held for repairs and the balance to warranty work in the field.

So you agree with her that shipping of aready built trucks won't start back up on Monday 13th?

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
At this point I'm not even expecting to see a truck before June

I'm thinking built trucks will start shipping next week because there seems to be no issues except in the one pack that caught fire. They seem to word it like that fire was an isolated one-time event and the other trucks that are built and the ones that were delivered that week of the fire are all fine... but what do we know? Ford loves to keep their customers in the dark.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
I'm thinking built trucks will start shipping next week because there seems to be no issues except in the one pack that caught fire. They seem to word it like that fire was an isolated one-time event and the other trucks that are built and the ones that were delivered that week of the fire are all fine... but what do we know? Ford loves to keep their customers in the dark.
I'm afraid if that were the case we'd already have our trucks by now. If there was really no issue, the day after their news announcement they should have ended the stop shipment. But it seems the oppsite, they have all the updates for new production trucks, and silence for us with trucks sitting in rail yards...

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So you agree with her that shipping of aready built trucks won't start back up on Monday 13th?
She's the Ford employee, so I trust her word over my inference of what I've read on the interwebs

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
She's the Ford employee, so I trust her word over my inference of what I've read on the interwebs

She just spewed what the chat people and that wack tracker says.

She was clueless.
Sponsored