• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
So on the VIN the 8th digit (L) is for "dual electric motors with standard range battery", the 9th is a check digit, the 10th (P) is the model year "2023", the 11th (W) is the production plant "Rouge Electric, Dearborn MI", 12-17 are sequential. So I think it is safe to assume AT LEAST those that fall between the 07639 and 11054 are gonna need new battery packs.

Source for the VIN info.
That's at least 3,415 vehicles and mine (07982) calls in that range. Let's hope SK is paying overtime to get those replacement batteries made.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
So I think it is safe to assume AT LEAST those that fall between the 07639 and 11054 are gonna need new battery packs.
The last digits of the the VIN are not built in ascending order, actually those numbers are completely disassociated with the building sequence.

Last edited:

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The last digits of the the VIN are not built in ascending order, actually those numbers are completely disassociated with the building sequence.
Wow, I would. not have expected that. Good to know!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Wow, I would. not have expected that. Good to know!
Yup, the numbers are "Born" during the initial build week scheduling to the week level.
Then as we've all experienced, these assigned build weeks get shuffled around quite a bit as they rebalance and optimize commodity resources to get x number of various trim levels down the line, in the end those digits are pretty random on build day.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
So on the VIN the 8th digit (L) is for "dual electric motors with standard range battery", the 9th is a check digit, the 10th (P) is the model year "2023", the 11th (W) is the production plant "Rouge Electric, Dearborn MI", 12-17 are sequential. So I think it is safe to assume AT LEAST those that fall between the 07639 and 11054 are gonna need new battery packs.

Source for the VIN info.
I sincerely hope your reasoning is incorrect. My VIN ends in 07649 - which is within your range.

Sponsored

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
I have a standard range Pro (because all of them are standard range) and it went into Production on 1/15/23 but the build was not finalized until 1/23/23. So I am right in that window with a SR.

View attachment 66384

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Only a week out from being told that my delivery window has slipped again. Anticipation building, again.

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
Only a week out from being told that my delivery window has slipped again. Anticipation building, again.
The dates are such obvious BS in this scenario. My truck has been at the final step before delivery to the dealer since 2/7, at which point it showed ETA 2/10-2/16. Ford should just pause the estimated dates for trucks that are being held to stop teasing us.

I'm assuming our trucks will need a new battery before delivery since it was an internal cell flaw. I'm sure when the truck eventually shows up it will be a rush of excitement but for now my interest is waning.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I have a standard range Pro (because all of them are standard range) and it went into Production on 1/15/23 but the build was not finalized until 1/23/23. So I am right in that window with a SR.

View attachment 66384
Based on the blend dates of the trucks that were recalled, as long as your blend date is before 1/20, I think you're in the clear.

Sponsored

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
Based on the blend dates of the trucks that were recalled, as long as your blend date is before 1/20, I think you're in the clear.
It is kind of frustrating though that blend dates after my truck's blend had already been delivered.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I have no idea what system this is or how accurate it is, but my dealer just sent me these screenshots on the status of my truck. It show 0 active exceptions with an ETA of 4/22.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) unnamed

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Looking through the documents, they say the time period at SK with a production line issue was one month. That is a lot of battery cells that can be used in trucks.
The recall states 18 vehicles have been delivered to dealers. It does not say how many vehicles are affected that are still on rail yards or at Ford.It could be a lot more trucks than just 18 that need a new battery. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

Still wonder if they are fully back up and running and what their actual output is now.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Still wonder if they are fully back up and running and what their actual output is now.
based on the 2/6 [3/13] build week, crawling a quarter impulse power.
Sponsored