• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Congrats guys! My blend date was 1-15 so I'm figuring I will get the same "BUILT" notice in another day or two! My ETA is still 1/24 - 1/30.

I can't wait. :cool:
Seems like it's mostly Pro's and XLT's completing so far, and the Lariat ER are still to come. Blend date of 1/11 and was on Chip hold last week. Although it looks like some of the Lariat ER's from the 1/2 build week are completing today, so hopefully we're next in line.
Sponsored

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Congratulations. Mine is still in production. Yours went into Production two days ahead of mine so hopefully mine will be out of hold later this week. I wonder if the temporary chip hold has to do with the Pros still having heated steering wheels since my window sticker does not show heated steering wheel removal credit.

1674504087635.png

1674504213785.png
I don't believe pros got a heated steering wheel, so there would be no need to remove it. I know the 2023's got heated seats but I thought that was it.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
I don't believe pros got a heated steering wheel, so there would be no need to remove it. I know the 2023's got heated seats but I thought that was it.
Sorry about that. My bad.

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
At least nobody else is getting the heated steering wheels for MY23. I'd be salty about it if I had a nicer trim where it was originally included. Hopeful that the field update to add the heated steering wheel for the other trims might be available for the PRO as well (for a cost I'm sure).

Sponsored

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
At least nobody else is getting the heated steering wheels for MY23. I'd be salty about it if I had a nicer trim where it was originally included. Hopeful that the field update to add the heated steering wheel for the other trims might be available for the PRO as well (for a cost I'm sure).
Yeah I'd be more upset if I had an 81k vehicle on the way without a heated steering wheel. I wouldn't mind one too to help with not having to use the hvac as much in the winter.

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My dealer tells me mine is in a chip hold! Oh man 🤔

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah I'd be more upset if I had an 81k vehicle on the way without a heated steering wheel. I wouldn't mind one too to help with not having to use the hvac as much in the winter.
I figure there will be a lot of "salty" Lariat and Platinum owners.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1674509313290

Mustang11s

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachEauto awd ER XLT Lightning ER
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
Now I get the “built “ email, and it shows it will be at the dealership between yesterday and Sunday. Lol

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 7F4CEF21-C952-4DC6-8B89-3CDAC34616CA

Sponsored

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
After my Lightning reached "Built" status it was still on a chip hold. I would temper your expectations until it shows shipped. I waited 24 days to go from built to shipped. Not to be a downer by any means but you're one step closer to loving your Lightning.
I hope this is not the case as my XLT changed to “Built” status today!

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Toyota Sienna, Future 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Got the email today from Ford telling me was built, then logged in and saw my status on vehicle order tracking was 'shipped'.

Does anyone know when the dealers have enough information to start negotiating price, or does that *have* to happen the day I take delivery?

I'm anticipating a fight over PPO, and would like to start the fight early so I can make taking delivery as seamless as possible--I'm taking it straight from the dealer to a detailing shop to have a Ceramic coat done so would like to be able to schedule that.

Any insight?