• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Yep got the same email. Just a 2 week delay, not too bad Ford 😂

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Yep got the same email. Just a 2 week delay, not too bad Ford 😂

They said a few weeks. That could be 3 weeks. I wish they were more specific. At least they reached out to us (a month AFTER the fire lol). I think they're supposed to update us by the end of this week. Hopefully tomorrow, they will announce that the fire was an isolated incident with that one unit and that shipping will continue immediately.

*fingers crossed*

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
They said a few weeks. That could be 3 weeks. I wish they were more specific. At least they reached out to us (a month AFTER the fire lol). I think they're supposed to update us by the end of this week. Hopefully tomorrow, they will announce that the fire was an isolated incident with that one unit and that shipping will continue immediately.

*fingers crossed*
Oh I was talking about the delay from when it was first reported as an issue, to when they contacted me a customer who is affected by the issue. This is the first update I have received from Ford about this battery issue and me being affected.

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
What is hilarious to me is that I also got this email... even though I've had my truck for 2 weeks already! Whoever/whichever team is in charge of customer communication at Ford really needs to... improve.

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Oh I was talking about the delay from when it was first reported as an issue, to when they contacted me a customer who is affected by the issue. This is the first update I have received from Ford about this battery issue and me being affected.

Oh ok. Yes, Ford communication with their customers is a slow moving train wreck! Let's just hope it was just the one truck battery that was assembled wrong and everything can go on back to regular production. It seems that trucks in the field are relatively operating as expected.

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
Just got the same email. What a shit show. Glad they are making sure my truck won't burn my house down, but a little late to the party with the email. Fingers crossed that I still get the truck before the tax credit stuff changes. If not I'll be writing some salty letters to media publications about their piss poor handling of all this.

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
I love that they say "However, during a standard F‑150® Lightning™ quality inspection, a truck in your similar build window displayed a battery issue. "

if by battery issue you mean it lit itself on fire and burned to the ground, then yes. Some top notch communications here, hope they give the folks crafting this stuff a raise.

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
What is hilarious to me is that I also got this email... even though I've had my truck for 2 weeks already! Whoever/whichever team is in charge of customer communication at Ford really needs to... improve.
I wouldn't be parking that truck in the garage if I were you. You might want to reach out to your dealer to have your truck inspected or just to make sure your truck is not affected.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Keen, I got the same email and picked up my truck on the 13th! Records need to be updated!

Sponsored

jybell

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18’ Raptor / 23’ Lightning Lariat ER (bld: 1/2/23)
Data point for those with ERs: I took delivery on 2/17 and my Ford Charging Station Pro just randomly showed up at my house today 3/2.

Side note: SunRun was useless in getting me tracking info for this - it just showed up via FedEx.

jybell

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18’ Raptor / 23’ Lightning Lariat ER (bld: 1/2/23)
Keen, I got the same email and picked up my truck on the 13th! Records need to be updated!
Same - got that email today and I took delivery 2/17 :cautious:

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
No email yet here. I'm holding onto a shred of hope that it means my VIN is not affected and will be able to come home soon

Edit: called Ford marketing at 800-334-4375 and my truck is definitely affected.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20230224-073859

Last edited:

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
I got the email today - 8 days after I started driving my Lightning! GLTA.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
"Production" of the Lightning will resume a week from today. I have a feeling that Ford is going to start shipping trucks sometime this week that have been built and sitting. Not sure why, I just have a strong hunch. :unsure:
Sponsored