• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/17/22 Lightning Build Week Group (MY22 & MY23)

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Hey gang!

Hope everyone is loving their lightnings. I know I sure am. I’ve put a little over 4,000 miles on mine and can confidently say this is the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Everything from 1PD to blue cruise to the stupid acceleration puts a huge smile on my face. Knowing that Ford has been consistently pushing out meaningful updates and will continue to do so has been icing on the cake.

I’ve been totally MIA for a while and have eschewed my tracking duties but I do have a good excuse! My wife and I had our first child last month and it has kept me crazy busy. I can confirm that he (and our dog) loves the lightning just as much as I do.
Congrats to the wife and you! Careful with the accelerations with the munchkin on board - No muscle tone in those little necks!
Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
New question - anyone know if and/or when we might get the steering wheel heating that was deleted? I have read enough thread to loose hope of ever seeing the deleted trailer hitch weight scales.
Not missing anything with the hitch; the trailer hitch scale stuff doesn't work anyway.
The heated steering wheel OTOH, is really nice to have. Maybe that same OEM company you can order head rests from?

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Hey gang. Hope everyone is doing well. 7 months in and my lightning is hands down the coolest vehicle I’ve ever owned and my love for it hasn’t wained. Now that it’s hot out I’ve definitely found something that drives me bonkers. When preconditioning, the truck shuts off when you open the frunk. I’ve now become the world’s fastest at getting grocery’s stowed away so I can turn the truck on without losing too much of that precious cold air.

I haven’t had the chance to take a big road trip yet but do have a multi-state trip in the works for September. I’ve done a few Austin to Dallas trips though. During our last trip, the baby was extra fussy so my wife and dog switched seats. The dog was living her best life sitting in the front with me and having BlueCruise meant more time for extra scratches!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/17/22 Lightning Build Week Group (MY22 & MY23) C213FA0E-7054-4E35-94AD-A34C634CD97A

Anyone taken any interesting trips this summer or have a big trip planned?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Now that it’s hot out I’ve definitely found something that drives me bonkers. When preconditioning, the truck shuts off when you open the frunk. I’ve now become the world’s fastest at getting grocery’s stowed away so I can turn the truck on without losing too much of that precious cold air.
I've changed my routines, park grocery cart near frunk, open drivers door, push the Start button, push the dash Frunk button, resume stowing cargo.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Anyone still waiting on their Lightning in this week?
Sponsored