• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/17/22 Lightning Build Week Group (MY22 & MY23)

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Volvo XC60 PHEV, 2021 GT500, 2015 Hellcat
Ahhh that explains why it didn't get scheduled in 22 lol. Are you upset about the seats?
I'm upset about the whole thing. The $12,500 price hike, the colour I ordered being cancelled, the seats, on-board scales, etc.

I'm just going to take the truck and flip it, or cancel it when it gets in. I only found out I had a build week when I went in yesterday to cancel the whole thing. At that point the guy at the dealer even said I might as well just take it and profit off of it but if I wanted to cancel he has no problem selling it to someone else (obviously) lol.
Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I'm upset about the whole thing. The $12,500 price hike, the colour I ordered being cancelled, the seats, on-board scales, etc.

I'm just going to take the truck and flip it, or cancel it when it gets in. I only found out I had a build week when I went in yesterday to cancel the whole thing. At that point the guy at the dealer even said I might as well just take it and profit off of it but if I wanted to cancel he has no problem selling it to someone else (obviously) lol.
You will still get the 22 price, where's the rest of the increase from? With a 10/17 build you should get delivery this year (at least that's what I keep telling myself)

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You will still get the 22 price, where's the rest of the increase from? With a 10/17 build you should get delivery this year (at least that's what I keep telling myself)
I'm in Canada, Ford Canada has told us too bad we aren't price protected. No surprise there are a lot of people up here that are unhappy about it, in fact, the dealer asked me to write him an email yesterday displaying my dissatisfaction as they wanted to pass it on to Ford. Apparently the dealers are getting lit up over it, and it's out of their hands. A copy of the email I sent is below:

"I have been thinking about my Ford F-150 Lightning order and have some pretty serious concerns. I originally ordered my F-150 Platinum with you back in January of 2022 almost right when Canadian orders opened. The original order MSRP was in the neighbourhood of $112,000.

Ford was unable to build the truck for the 2022 model year which has created a bit of a domino effect, leaving a bad taste in my mouth. First of all one of the main reasons for going with a Platinum over a Lariat was the active motion seats, which have since been deleted. Also deleted is the smart hitch with on board scales and mobile power cord. The colour I ordered was even deleted leaving a boring 50 shades of gray colour pallette behind. My main concern though is that Ford has not price protected the orders with the truck I originally ordered having a price increase of roughly $12,000. This leaves me paying more for less and to add insult to injury Ford has price protected US orders but not Canadian orders.

Now I know that this is completely out of the dealers hands and appreciate the transparency that you have displayed throughout the whole order process but I am pretty upset with Ford Motor Company at this point and feel slighted. I understand the current constraints on the automotive sector and know it's not just Ford deleting options, but not price protecting customers that have had their orders in for 9 months that got pushed to a 2023 model year doesn't feel right to me. I also know that I'm not alone as I have already seen a couple on the news cancel their order and complain for the same reason, along with multiple other Canadians on Lightning forums cancelling as well. Paying in the neighbourhood of $12,000 more for less truck than I ordered doesn't sit right with me and my concerns are growing as the truck gets closer to production. I find it funny that Jim Farley is trashing dealers for their practices when my dealings with you have been completely straight forward and transparent and it is Ford Motor Company participating in unsavory practices. Is this the taste Ford Motor Company wants to leave in the mouths of Canadians?"

I can't even justify a Platinum over a Lariat with the deletions, but if I was to change my order to a Lariat (It's too late anyways) I would be stuck paying the same for a Lariat as I was originally supposed to pay for a Platinum with the price increases.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Field Engineer
I'm in Canada, Ford Canada has told us too bad we aren't price protected. No surprise there are a lot of people up here that are unhappy about it, in fact, the dealer asked me to write him an email yesterday displaying my dissatisfaction as they wanted to pass it on to Ford. Apparently the dealers are getting lit up over it, and it's out of their hands. A copy of the email I sent is below:

"I have been thinking about my Ford F-150 Lightning order and have some pretty serious concerns. I originally ordered my F-150 Platinum with you back in January of 2022 almost right when Canadian orders opened. The original order MSRP was in the neighbourhood of $112,000.

Ford was unable to build the truck for the 2022 model year which has created a bit of a domino effect, leaving a bad taste in my mouth. First of all one of the main reasons for going with a Platinum over a Lariat was the active motion seats, which have since been deleted. Also deleted is the smart hitch with on board scales and mobile power cord. The colour I ordered was even deleted leaving a boring 50 shades of gray colour pallette behind. My main concern though is that Ford has not price protected the orders with the truck I originally ordered having a price increase of roughly $12,000. This leaves me paying more for less and to add insult to injury Ford has price protected US orders but not Canadian orders.

Now I know that this is completely out of the dealers hands and appreciate the transparency that you have displayed throughout the whole order process but I am pretty upset with Ford Motor Company at this point and feel slighted. I understand the current constraints on the automotive sector and know it's not just Ford deleting options, but not price protecting customers that have had their orders in for 9 months that got pushed to a 2023 model year doesn't feel right to me. I also know that I'm not alone as I have already seen a couple on the news cancel their order and complain for the same reason, along with multiple other Canadians on Lightning forums cancelling as well. Paying in the neighbourhood of $12,000 more for less truck than I ordered doesn't sit right with me and my concerns are growing as the truck gets closer to production. I find it funny that Jim Farley is trashing dealers for their practices when my dealings with you have been completely straight forward and transparent and it is Ford Motor Company participating in unsavory practices. Is this the taste Ford Motor Company wants to leave in the mouths of Canadians?"

I can't even justify a Platinum over a Lariat with the deletions, but if I was to change my order to a Lariat (It's too late anyways) I would be stuck paying the same for a Lariat as I was originally supposed to pay for a Platinum with the price increases.
That's really well written and well composed. I hope Ford bends and offers the same price protection. I get that prices have increased and that has put Ford in a hard spot but they need to do better by you guys.

21PlatPB

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's really well written and well composed. I hope Ford bends and offers the same price protection. I get that prices have increased and that has put Ford in a hard spot but they need to do better by you guys.
I appreciate that thanks. I doubt it will do anything but I figured it couldn't hurt, especially with the dealer urging me to do it.

Ordering worked a bit differently in Canada but at the end of the day should have worked out the same as in the US. Ford told Canadian dealers how many trucks they had allocated for 2022 MY, and the dealers then ordered up to their allocation off their reservation list.

Based on the dealers' reaction it seems as if they are catching a bunch of heat for it even though it is out of their hands and I think they are just as frustrated as the consumers are.

Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
My Lightning was originally supposed to be built this week (9/26)... but so far has slipped to 10/17. Is still showing as MY 2022

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Reporting only these two records which indicated they were still MY2022, I suspect they might have actually converted to MY2023 though.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/17/22 Lightning Build Week Group (MY22 & MY23) 1664727753715

As you may know, I'm ending special production analysis with the closing of MY2022, I encourage all model year 2023 members to take advantage of the official forum tracker and update your progress using the change request form when needed and view your information via this direct google sheets link

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
For the people in this week build group, are we getting our Sticker tonight? :)

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Field Engineer
For the people in this week build group, are we getting our Sticker tonight? :)
supposed to... i wonder if the changes in parts is impacting this.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I just went through a quick scan of VINS on the official forum tracker list for the 10/17 build week, so far no one is showing a window sticker

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Field Engineer
I just went through a quick scan of VINS on the official forum tracker list for the 10/17 build week, so far no one is showing a window sticker
I was so excited I actually set a reminder on my phone lol now i guess I hope it's there in the morning.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Field Engineer
Well I think my car has had enough of me drooling over the lightning. Got in this morning and it won't shift into gear. So waiting on a tow truck now. 2013 fusion with 185k. She's been good to me but she can be moody. Oh forgot to mention I'm out of town for work so now I'm stuck three hours from home praying the dealership will squeeze me in and prevent me from making someone drive three hours to pick me up.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Still no window stickers for the 10/17 build week, has anyone had success?

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Field Engineer
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ford pass was not communicating this morning, would not connect to truck to lock, unlock, remote start, etc. eventually it resumed working after 11am
My evening charge log data loaded to the cloud with mis-dated information around 7am .
The data sharing services connected to my utility credit app were also not able to get current charge log data.

Something is/was up at the datacenter ..... I wonder if that's why the first batch of MY2023 window stickers are delayed!?
Sponsored