• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro

“Ford EVs and our PHEVs remain eligible for the $7,500 tax credit until guidance is issued at the end of this year. Next year, we believe we’ll meet the $3,750 critical minerals credit requirement on certain Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning models. In ’24, the rules will further restrict this critical materials credit. So, we believe it’s a fairly level playing field right now for all the OEMs as our supply chain of critical minerals extracted or processed in the US and FTA develops.”
This is from CEO Farley. How would you even be able to find info regarding battery makeup?
Farley was likely talking about '24 models (which begin delivery next year) for the mineral sourcing. I've not seen any industry sources say he was meaning trucks already ordered, he's talking about hypothetical future orders, otherwise they'd have put out clearer guidance for people making decisions right now about whether they will buy the truck. We're all basically on our own trying to figure out the mineral sourcing question. The manufacturers aren't broadcasting that information because the sourcing fight is so competitive. There's simply not enough mining going on right now, so it's made it very competitive and hush-hush. Naturally the industry wants the extra financial incentive for their customers, it just isn't there now. The trucks we're receiving will have the stuff that doesn't qualify, so if we take delivery Jan. 10, we've got a truck that doesn't qualify for half of the rebate.
Sponsored

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Hey Oregonian railcar bros (@timwren, @granfaloon, @pdxmadman),

Our railcar is currently on BNSF tracks, which means that we don't have very good tracking capability. It seems like neither Ford nor our individual dealers will have any information until it's picked up by the "last mile" convoy.

However, I might have some inside information. Take this with a grain of salt, but:

Departed from Minot, MN en route to Portland Terminal Six, OR
Evening of 11-20 - Kremlin, MT
Morning of 11-22 - Hauser Yard, ID

Kremlin, MT to Hauser Yard is roughly the same distance it has left to travel to get to Portland Terminal Six (around 400 miles). So my uneducated guess is another 24-36 hours before it arrives at the terminal.

In theory, we could have convoy information as soon as tomorrow. Or, maybe not until next week. Or maybe never! Who knows! 🤷‍♂️
Bit of a curveball here in that our railcar is taking the northern route along highway 2! It arrived in Wenatchee this morning. This would suggest that didn't move at all during Thanksgiving.

Not really sure how freight rail works, but I guess they're doing a drop-off in Seattle, then continuing south to the Port of Portland.

For the truly bored, there are two good quality webcams where we might be able to get a glimpse of our railcar: This one in Skycomish, and this one in Chehalis (possibly sometime this weekend).

Last edited:

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
new arrival date

The ETA shows Dec 04-Dec 10, 2022.

Sponsored

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Bit of a curveball here in that our railcar is taking the northern route along highway 2! It arrived in Wenatchee this morning. This would suggest that didn't move at all during Thanksgiving.

Not really sure how freight rail works, but I guess they're doing a drop-off in Seattle, then continuing south to the Port of Portland.

For the truly bored, there are two good quality webcams where we might be able to get a glimpse of our railcar: This one in Skycomish, and this one in Chehalis (possibly sometime this weekend).
Thanks for the update. All I get from Ford CS and my dealer is that the last update was Blue Island, IL

UFLightning

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I'm happy for the 11/14 build week folks who's Lariats are making it to built status, but it's driving my crazy refreshing the tracking page to no avail... I'm worried the chip holds aren't first in, first out.

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Thanks for the update. All I get from Ford CS and my dealer is that the last update was Blue Island, IL
Yep, same here. Seems like they also don't have much visibility into BNSF lines.

Speaking of, it looks like our train is just about to pass through Skycomish. Of course the sun just went down so it won't be possible to identify our railcar via the webcam.

Edit: There it goes (theoretically)!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) train

Edit 2: Oops, they discovered a problem and had to reverse. They're backing back into Skycomish now lol

Edit 3: They had to leave one car behind, but it wasn't a TTGX car. Onward to Everett.

Last edited:

pdxmadman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Extended Range, Rapid Red
Yep, same here. Seems like they also don't have much visibility into BNSF lines.

Speaking of, it looks like our train is just about to pass through Skycomish. Of course the sun just went down so it won't be possible to identify our railcar via the webcam.

train.jpg

Edit 2: Oops, they discovered a problem and had to reverse. They're backing back into Skycomish now lol
Sure hope this is accurate info. Would love to receive it from the dealership next week. Thanks for the update!

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro

train.jpg

Edit 3: They had to leave one car behind, but it wasn't a TTGX car. Onward to Everett.
How are you tracking this so closely?

Sponsored

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Sure hope this is accurate info. Would love to receive it from the dealership next week. Thanks for the update!
I wasn't able to positively confirm that our railcar was part of that train, but all signs suggest that it is. Will get another chance to confirm when it passes through Chehalis.

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
How are you tracking this so closely?
I was watching it live on the "Virtual Railfan" YouTube stream. There are like dozens of people who watch it and take notes in a shared spreadsheet. I had no idea until I started diving into it today :p

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I was watching it live on the "Virtual Railfan" YouTube stream. There are like dozens of people who watch it and take notes in a shared spreadsheet. I had no idea until I started diving into it today :p
Wow, I had no idea. That’s awesome

JP3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Anyone else have issues with blue cruise? Mine was showing as available but inactive. After chatting with ford for awhile this morning they told me that I need to go back to the dealership for a quick update that should only take an hour. Dealer is telling me that the update will actually take them around 10 hours and I will need to schedule a drop off. Frustrating that after all this waiting I need to return to the dealership after only having the truck for less than 24 hours.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone else have issues with blue cruise? Mine was showing as available but inactive. After chatting with ford for awhile this morning they told me that I need to go back to the dealership for a quick update that should only take an hour. Dealer is telling me that the update will actually take them around 10 hours and I will need to schedule a drop off. Frustrating that after all this waiting I need to return to the dealership after only having the truck for less than 24 hours.
Mine doesn't work either... mostly because I'm still waiting on the truck 😂
Sponsored