• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Jajar1124

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 VW Atlas
Which is a higher probability…my truck leaving ramp 5m in New Boston and finishing the rail part of the journey before the strike, or knowing for sure if I qualify for the battery part of the $3750 in tax credit if delivered next year? Lol

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I wasn't able to positively confirm that our railcar was part of that train, but all signs suggest that it is. Will get another chance to confirm when it passes through Chehalis.
Are you tracking a certain train symbol? I was poking around that virtual rail fan spreadsheet, but didn’t know what train I should look for

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Are you tracking a certain train symbol? I was poking around that virtual rail fan spreadsheet, but didn’t know what train I should look for
Right now we're waiting for V-MINPTS to head south from Everett/Seattle towards Portland. It pretty much only has autoracks on it from what I could see last night. Maybe about 25-30 of them total (although I wonder if some of them will get left in Seattle).

Last edited:

Sponsored

SC_Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR
My truck is at the dealer, but whatever inspection needs to be done can’t be done until Monday when that person is working. :rolleyes:

tsszen

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
My truck is at the dealer, but whatever inspection needs to be done can’t be done until Monday when that person is working. :rolleyes:
Which dealer In OC? I’m going through Villa Ford in Orange. Mine was in Mira Loma last Tuesday and I had my delivery date bumped up from 11/27-12/3 to 11/22-11/28. Likely we were both coming from Mira Loma together!

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Found it!

chehalis.jpg

That's our railcar headed south from Chehalis. Would be surprised if we don't get an ETA update tomorrow or Monday.
I want something new and cool like this to obsess over! Waiting for my truck to ship has gotten so so so boring 😴 I asked Ford CS if they could at least send me the pictures of my truck from the factory and they said they can't do that. I'm operating under the impression my truck doesn't actually exist at the moment still lol.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
I want something new and cool like this to obsess over! Waiting for my truck to ship has gotten so so so boring 😴 I asked Ford CS if they could at least send me the pictures of my truck from the factory and they said they can't do that. I'm operating under the impression my truck doesn't actually exist at the moment still lol.
It would be way cooler if the trucks would just show up on time, though, or if Ford had a way to, oh, I don't know, throw an Airtag in every truck so we wouldn't be guessing alongside the company that built and shipped the truck where the $40,000-$100,000 piece of equipment was, making us all have to play net detective. I do get the allure of the chase, though. I do that all the time with packages.

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Surprising that it's "built", but hasn't been marked as shipped yet. You're the same build day as me, too. I almost wonder if it's a clerical error.

But yes, it has been fun getting to learn about freight rail and the Railfans who spend their time tracking trains. Can't say that I'm going to continue with it after this, but I understand the appeal now!

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Found it!

chehalis.jpg

That's our railcar headed south from Chehalis. Would be surprised if we don't get an ETA update tomorrow or Monday.
Any train csi updates? I would assume it made it into Portland last night. I wonder how long before they unload

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Any train csi updates? I would assume it made it into Portland last night. I wonder how long before they unload
I don't have any visibility into the unloading process unfortunately. But, I'd almost guarantee the train has reached its destination. If I lived closer to Portland I might take a joyride past Terminal Six...

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
One week until the rail strike could start disrupting shipments. I've read that Dec. 5 is when hazardous material shipments would stop. I don't think the trucks fall into that category, unless we're now considering all vehicles on the road to be hazardous materials, but wanted to ask if anyone knew for sure if that's a factor or if we're really eyeing Dec. 9 for the strike, which is when rail movement would come to a halt.

The strike isn't a foregone conclusion, both because the workers and corporations may come to an agreement before then, and because Congress has the ability to effectively veto a strike, but it's something we should be factoring into our planning.
Sponsored