• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

benredington

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Graphic Designer
More Ford Chat, same update as last time:

Benjamin: Hi Rachel. I was hoping to check the order status of my 2023 Ford Lightning. There has been a chiphold and wanted to see if there has been any updates in the system about an ETA or if there is any additionalnotes or details about the order and it's status.
8:24, Nov 28

Rachel: Thank you for chatting in today, Benjamin. I will be happy to assist with checking on the status. ... One moment please. ... I appreciate your patience.

Rachel: I see that the vehicle is in production. It shows that it has been received and the location is Ramp 51, FlatRock, MI. The ETA shows Nov 23-Nov 29, 2022. However, I do see that it is still on hold for a micro chip.
8:28, Nov 28

----

Ugh.
Sponsored

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I don't have any visibility into the unloading process unfortunately. But, I'd almost guarantee the train has reached its destination. If I lived closer to Portland I might take a joyride past Terminal Six...
Well I tried Ford chat and they still have us at Blue Island so no help over there. Thanks @alexose for giving us hope!

carrillj

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Occupation
Government
Got my picture yesterday. Looks amazing but I am still disappointed I did not pick one of the blues. They look so sharp.
5EDF22E3-A4F1-430D-9786-C2ACD3EE19DB.jpeg
Ford had a anti-matter blue Lightning at the LA Auto Show and I admit it looked amazing. For a split second I regretted choosing iconic silver, but then I remembered why I did. The dark colors show scratches and swirls marks. Even the truck at the auto show easily showed these blemishes. I do not want to baby any dark color like I once did with a black Mustang. In and out of a car wash with silver his how I wanted to go with a large vehicle like a truck, since I think hand washing would get old quickly.

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Ford had a anti-matter blue Lightning at the LA Auto Show and I admit it looked amazing. For a split second I regretted choosing iconic silver, but then I remembered why I did. The dark colors show scratches and swirls marks. Even the truck at the auto show easily showed these blemishes. I do not want to baby any dark color like I once did with a black Mustang. In and out of a car wash with silver his how I wanted to go with a large vehicle like a truck, since I think hand washing would get old quickly.
You may be right on that, but I caved.

When I went to pick up my truck, they had a Lariat there with all the features I wanted and it was in the metallic light blue. So, I bought that one instead. That it was almost $20K cheaper made my wife happy (er)

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_4489.JPEG

carrillj

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Occupation
Government
You may be right on that, but I caved.

When I went to pick up my truck, they had a Lariat there with all the features I wanted and it was in the metallic light blue. So, I bought that one instead. That it was almost $20K cheaper made my wife happy (er)

IMG_4489.JPEG
You made a good choice. I also seen that ice blue metallic at the show. That color also hides the swirl marks. What are your thoughts on the iconic silver? I have yet to see a lightning in that color. Speaking of blue, the Silverado EV was on display and it looked amazing! If the Lightning holds any value, I would no doubt trade it in for a blue Silverado. That truck really stood out and had an awesome feature of the extended bed with the rear seats folding down. The interior also looked way more upscale.

Sponsored

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
You made a good choice. I also seen that ice blue metallic at the show. That color also hides the swirl marks. What are your thoughts on the iconic silver? I have yet to see a lightning in that color. Speaking of blue, the Silverado EV was on display and it looked amazing! If the Lightning holds any value, I would no doubt trade it in for a blue Silverado. That truck really stood out and had an awesome feature of the extended bed with the rear seats folding down. The interior also looked way more upscale.
Interesting viewpoint on the Silverado. I only saw the online video and it did not impress me. I am however, very impressed with this F150.

I am not a fan of white or silver. The truck I ordered was the metallic and that was just because my wife preferred that color saying it would not show dirt as easily.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Basically every truck in the Oct. 24 build week is a month past the blend date, and the tracker's only showing about a third of them delivered. Are we on track, slow or fast relative to previous build weeks?

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Basically every truck in the Oct. 24 build week is a month past the blend date, and the tracker's only showing about a third of them delivered. Are we on track, slow or fast relative to previous build weeks?
I think if it wasn't for the rail blockade into WNY or whatever is going on we'd be about the same. I've been glancing over the passed month and it seems a little slow, but not overly slow.

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Well I tried Ford chat and they still have us at Blue Island so no help over there. Thanks @alexose for giving us hope!
Just got Blue Island as well (at around noon PT). It'll be interesting to see how the convoy part of this works out. I think I read somewhere that dealers generally wait until they have a certain number of cars to move before they actually depart, so some of us may end up waiting for a while.

On the bright side, our dealers might actually have some information at this point. I'd reach out to my sales guy, but I think he's already kind of tired of me...

Last edited:

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Just got Blue Island as well (at around noon PT). It'll be interesting to see how the convoy part of this works out. I think I read somewhere that dealers generally wait until they have a certain number of cars to move before they actually depart, so some of us may end up waiting for a while.

On the bright side, our dealers might actually have some information at this point. I'd reach out to my sales guy, but I think he's already kind of tired of me...
I reached out to mine last minute Saturday. Last time he checked it showed me a little right around Kansas on a screen shot in their computer about a week and half ago. Hopefully I will hear back from him today, or tomorrow with a follow up screen shot and find out what train # I’m on. I will share it as soon as I get it. Mine should be delivered to Richmond, Ca port. Then trucked to Carson City, NV.

EDIT: My bad, I meant this for 10/31

Sponsored

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
some of us don't even have estimated delivery dates

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
just confirmed with ford chat I'm still hanging out in new boston :sleep:

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Just talked to my dealer @alexose @pdxmadman @timwren. He was able to see that my truck had arrived in Portland, but it has not been unloaded yet, he told me they would check again Thursday and hopefully send a truck up to retrieve it when it’s ready. Getting close!
Sponsored