• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Just talked to my dealer @alexose @pdxmadman @timwren. He was able to see that my truck had arrived in Portland, but it has not been unloaded yet, he told me they would check again Thursday and hopefully send a truck up to retrieve it when it’s ready. Getting close!

Thanks @granfaloon. I’ll bug my dealer tomorrow and we can all round robin it until the unload is confirmed.
Sponsored

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Just talked to my dealer @alexose @pdxmadman @timwren. He was able to see that my truck had arrived in Portland, but it has not been unloaded yet, he told me they would check again Thursday and hopefully send a truck up to retrieve it when it’s ready. Getting close!
Hmmm. Wait another three days just to get the truck off of a railcar. I'm starting to think that if folks pooled their $2k "delivery fees," we could've hired a car-hauling truck for deliveries anywhere in the states in less than 10 days.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Hmmm. Wait another three days just to get the truck off of a railcar. I'm starting to think that if folks pooled their $2k "delivery fees," we could've hired a car-hauling truck for deliveries anywhere in the states in less than 10 days.
Yeah, really feels like Ford lowballed the carriers in exchange for lowest-priority delivery. We could've done better on our own. If I had the option to drive it home from the factory, I would've.

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
That's awesome! So close, and yet so far.

My money's on at least one of us getting a truck this week. Probably not me, since I'm all the way in Medford :)

And yes, @indubitalist, I also would have loved the excuse to take a road trip back from the factory. Let's hope Ford makes this an option in the future!

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, really feels like Ford lowballed the carriers in exchange for lowest-priority delivery. We could've done better on our own. If I had the option to drive it home from the factory, I would've.
I'd let them keep the 2 grand if they let me pick it up myself at this point.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd let them keep the 2 grand if they let me pick it up myself at this point.
As of tomorrow, my truck's been sitting in a rail yard 20 miles from the factory for three weeks. If Ford had told me it would be there for at least that long unless I came and got it, I'd have been on the next flight. I reserved the truck at the launch event, got to order it 16 months later, got it built months after that... it sucks being this close to getting the truck and it seemingly just sitting around gathering dust/snow in a Michigan rail yard, and paying $2,000 for that level of service.

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
As of tomorrow, my truck's been sitting in a rail yard 20 miles from the factory for three weeks. If Ford had told me it would be there for at least that long unless I came and got it, I'd have been on the next flight. I reserved the truck at the launch event, got to order it 16 months later, got it built months after that... it sucks being this close to getting the truck and it seemingly just sitting around gathering dust/snow in a Michigan rail yard, and paying $2,000 for that level of service.
Yep. As with the varied and unpredictable "dealership experience," we're encountering another bit of legacy slop. From the broken tracking to the barely moving delivery system itself, it's difficult to believe that the money making side of the process is so neglected. But we do not appear to be seeing any urgency or efficiency here. Hopefully the sale/delivery side eventually gets a good cleaning out, just like the supply chain group did.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Still hanging out "in production" more than a month after my blend date.
My blend date was 30 days ago -- 10/28. To all those in the 10/31 and 11/7 and newer groups who have built trucks being delivered I wish a sincere congratulations and f**k you. :D

pdxmadman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Extended Range, Rapid Red
That's awesome! So close, and yet so far.

My money's on at least one of us getting a truck this week. Probably not me, since I'm all the way in Medford :)

And yes, @indubitalist, I also would have loved the excuse to take a road trip back from the factory. Let's hope Ford makes this an option in the future!
My dealer contacted me this afternoon and advised that the truck is indeed at Terminal 6 in Portland. They expect to receive it at the dealership by this Friday, December 2nd. Fingers crossed I receive it this week.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford's site just updated my delivery window. It's been:
Nov. 18-25
Nov. 21-27
Nov. 25-Dec. 1

Now it's:

Dec. 12-Dec. 18.

Is it theft if I hand the dealer a check and then go up to Michigan and take the truck out of the rail yard?

Sponsored

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
Ford's site just updated my delivery window. It's been:
Nov. 18-25
Nov. 21-27
Nov. 25-Dec. 1

Now it's:

Dec. 12-Dec. 18.

Is it theft if I hand the dealer a check and then go up to Michigan and take the truck out of the rail yard?
you got me all excited that maybe i had an update. Nope :(

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Capture.JPG

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
meh ford chat gives me one arrival date my dealer gives another and the ford.com page gives me a 3rd different date lol

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
you got me all excited that maybe i had an update. Nope :(

Capture.JPG
Sorry, man. I know it could be worse than having a delivery estimate, though on the plus side, at least they're not jerking you around. It's pretty weird they didn't give you one yet, though I wonder if maybe they accidentally gave me one prematurely and that's why it keeps changing, because the original one was never going to happen in the first place. If I recall correctly, you said yours was at ramp 5M in New Boston, which is where mine is, so they're in the same status, going to the same final destination, so really whatever mine ends up doing should be what yours does. For that, I apologize for giving the updates, because it's like you're getting vicariously jerked around.

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
meh ford chat gives me one arrival date my dealer gives another and the ford.com page gives me a 3rd different date lol
Ford chat is inaccessible on my phone and laptop, my dealer disappears for days at a time, and my ford.com page doesn't show any dates. Now, the trucks have gone into a black hole.
Sponsored