• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
how long have you all been seeing on the time to go from built to shipped? i’m 11/11 built
Sponsored

SorryElon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Update from Lariat+ chip hold. Ford CS changed my ETA from 11/16 to 12/10. "we really anticipate you having your truck by the end of the year but things change constantly" It is always fun to see how they blow smoke at your in different ways because no one knows accurate details when it comes to a microchip.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
You should absolutely tweet at Jim Farley and Mike Levine and hope they can put some pressure on the dealer to do the right thing.
I've thought about that. The dealer has been responsive thus far, though I am trying to cover all bases to try and go in prepared. I prefer not to bother the dealer with asking about it, risking them to not honor it out of spite, but would also like if Ford had better communication with the buyer.

This whole process from my build being delayed because of the smart hitch and onboard scales being present on my order while showing a "compatibility issue", and Ford nor my dealer was able to figure out why my order wasnt proceeding. This forum helped me lead them in the right direction and we got it done.

Now being pushed to a MY23 and getting some cushy email from Ford about the Price Match, with them telling me afterwards its up to the dealer to honor it, with no clear indication of that in the email, I am kind of in a pickle. Do I ask the dealer, after many hurdles we have went through to get to this point, or wait to see what happens when the truck arrives.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
I've thought about that. The dealer has been responsive thus far, though I am trying to cover all bases to try and go in prepared. I prefer not to bother the dealer with asking about it, risking them to not honor it out of spite, but would also like if Ford had better communication with the buyer.

This whole process from my build being delayed because of the smart hitch and onboard scales being present on my order while showing a "compatibility issue", and Ford nor my dealer was able to figure out why my order wasnt proceeding. This forum helped me lead them in the right direction and we got it done.

Now being pushed to a MY23 and getting some cushy email from Ford about the Price Match, with them telling me afterwards its up to the dealer to honor it, with no clear indication of that in the email, I am kind of in a pickle. Do I ask the dealer, after many hurdles we have went through to get to this point, or wait to see what happens when the truck arrives.
Everything you just said there is why Tesla is doing well. There's no double-negotiation where the manufacturer is negotiating with the dealer, and then the dealer is negotiating with the customer. The customer gets a price, that's the price, that's it. No funny business. Ford sees the writing on the wall, thus splitting the electric vehicle business from the rest of the company.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Well, my tracking status has not yet updated, but my dealer just let me know that my truck has arrived! Now, to just get them to check for and install all the available updates and to get the spray-in bedliner installed and get it delivered to my house up here in Chicago! I'm so excited!
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1668696890134

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Well, my tracking status has not yet updated, but my dealer just let me know that my truck has arrived! Now, to just get them to check for and install all the available updates and to get the spray-in bedliner installed and get it delivered to my house up here in Chicago! I'm so excited!
1668696890134.jpeg
No-look deliveries are the best. Congratulations!

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
1668696890134.jpeg
Finally! a Lariat has been delivered. These MY23 XLT guys have been stealing the limelight.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Does Ford Chat give you location updates?
I'd like to know this, too. If Jim's talked to Ford and they aren't showing anything useful, that would align with my belief they're not exactly keeping tabs on these trucks, they're being cast to the wind and somehow ending up where they need to go eventually. My truck's been sitting at the rail depot near the factory for nine days, according to Ford CS, and I'm not confident that's correct.

Edit: Looking at Google Earth, I'm guessing that rail yard in New Boston (nearest to Rouge) has a capacity of about 11,000 vehicles, so I suppose it's possible something could sit nine days, but Ford's delivery pace isn't exactly blistering. As of Oct. 1, they delivered 20,000 Lightnings this year.

Last edited:

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Update from Lariat+ chip hold. Ford CS changed my ETA from 11/16 to 12/10. "we really anticipate you having your truck by the end of the year but things change constantly" It is always fun to see how they blow smoke at your in different ways because no one knows accurate details when it comes to a microchip.
I have a blend date of 10/27 and they won't give me any type of ETA on my Lariat ER. It's just in production and chat just says they are unable to give me any ETA

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Does Ford Chat give you location updates?
This all I got just now.
I appreciate your patience. I show the vehicle was released from the Ford plant awaiting Carrier pick up at this time. The estimated dealer arrival date is currently pending to be updated. You are also able to view an overview of events on the tracking site here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This all I got just now.
I appreciate your patience. I show the vehicle was released from the Ford plant awaiting Carrier pick up at this time. The estimated dealer arrival date is currently pending to be updated. You are also able to view an overview of events on the tracking site here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking
Aw damn, I didn't realize you weren't shipped yet
Sponsored