• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Picked up the Truck last night, dealer matched Granger ESP price but did not get the following at delivery: a Hardcopy of owner's manual, tow/tech package sticker, 30amp mobile power cord (got an email saying it was part of the order) but I didn't order it, so it would have been a bonus anyway.

Does anyone else miss those items too?
First time I heard of anyone matching the Extended Service Plan price, nice!
My truck:
1 - No hard copy of owners manual but there was a printed supplement that talked about the safety equipment; I wasn't expecting one but my salesperson was
2 - The stickers were in a package in the glove box
3 - Mobile Power was in the frunk and I paid for it (since I ordered it)

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
Picked up the Truck last night, dealer matched Granger ESP price but did not get the following at delivery: a Hardcopy of owner's manual, tow/tech package sticker, 30amp mobile power cord (got an email saying it was part of the order) but I didn't order it, so it would have been a bonus anyway.

Owners manual is now only on the infotainment screen, same with my wife’s new Lincoln

SC_Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR

What dealer did you use? I talked to my dealer and they said even though it’s in Mira Loma it could be up to two weeks which sounds like he’s just trying not to get my hopes up rather than a realistic time frame.

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
What dealer did you use? I talked to my dealer and they said even though it’s in Mira Loma it could be up to two weeks which sounds like he’s just trying not to get my hopes up rather than a realistic time frame.

some dealers will not move cars/trucks till they have a full truck load. Some dealers share the carriers so they fill up the carriers faster.

Sponsored

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Build group 10/24/2022
Occupation
Property Mgmt
What's ESP?

Haven't received my truck, but assumed I wouldn't get the mobile power cord since it's listed as a $500 option for 2023, but Ford's communication on that has been the dictionary definition of "mixed messages". What's the "tow/tech package sticker"?
ESP = Extended Service Plan aka Premium Care EV. Stickers are a sticker you attach to your trailer to help the rear camera see when you use the trailer tech software. I also just noticed I might be missing the jack kit for the spare tire its usually under the rear seat, but I don't see it.

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Property Mgmt
Fairway in Placentia.

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Property Mgmt
First time I heard of anyone matching the Extended Service Plan price, nice!
My truck:
1 - No hard copy of owners manual but there was a printed supplement that talked about the safety equipment; I wasn't expecting one but my salesperson was
2 - The stickers were in a package in the glove box
3 - Mobile Power was in the frunk and I paid for it (since I ordered it)
My sales manager knew exactly who Granger was and gave me a price match to keep me happy. He must have read the Sales Playbook that was issued regarding the dealer 10% of MSRP on F150L sales. High survey scores = $$$$$ in dealer "Spifs"

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
My sales manager knew exactly who Granger was and gave me a price match to keep me happy. He must have read the Sales Playbook that was issued regarding the dealer 10% of MSRP on F150L sales. High survey scores = $$$$$ in dealer "Spifs"
The F&I guy at my dealership knew of Granger and in response said they can only go as low as $500 over invoice. His counter was, “wouldn’t you want to help us out and not a dealership you have no relationship with”?
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) No-Memes-15

Sponsored

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
so my railcar info says empty due in Colorado on 11/27 gave some ramp.

Should that indicate my lightning was dropped in TX and the rail car is now on its way to its next load or could it still be heading to ford to pick it up ?

I was told my lightning was shipped on 11/22

I texted my sales man on Wed morning he said he would check on it. No responce when I sent a new text around 2pm.

Turkey day I sent thanks for the update,

He sent back his sales manager was not in on Wed so he could not check. LOL really you could not sell any cars on Wed give me a brake

SC_Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR
The F&I guy at my dealership knew of Granger and in response said they can only go as low as $500 over invoice. His counter was, “wouldn’t you want to help us out and not a dealership you have no relationship with”?
No-Memes-15.jpg
What’s all this about? I’m guessing the dealer will offer an extended service plan, and you’re all saying there’s a certain price we should be negotiating for? Any tips on what we should say?

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
What’s all this about? I’m guessing the dealer will offer an extended service plan, and you’re all saying there’s a certain price we should be negotiating for? Any tips on what we should say?

um dealers will gladly screw you on the price of the extended warranty as well as anything the dealership sells lol.

You don't have to buy the warranty from where you buy the truck Grangers is a dealer that sells the plan for 50 over cost.

A very good chance your dealer will not even get close to that so why give them extra money when you can just order it from Grangers before your factory warranty runs out.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Get a quote from Granger. They have a website for it. Then use that as leverage with your dealer. And if they won’t match it or close, just buy it from Granger. Doesn’t matter who you buy it from.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Get a quote from Granger. They have a website for it. Then use that as leverage with your dealer. And if they won’t match it or close, just buy it from Granger. Doesn’t matter who you buy it from.
My dealer tried to sell me a warranty added to the financing. Over $130 bucks a month for 60 months. I laughed and told them I could get the same thing for around $1000 from Granger. I showed him the site on my phone and all of the finance department gathered around a computer and looked up Granger. He came back and said never mind, we can’t do anything like that. The other thing is that you get 22,000 FordPass points with the truck and I think you can apply them to the cost at Granger.
Sponsored