• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Looks like it arrived early this morning. Will call dealer once it's open.
Oh, wow. Beat even the early side of the delivery estimate? That's something... Well, I guess I'll hold out hope that my Nov. 25-Dec. 1 window is "pessimistic."

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Oh, wow. Beat even the early side of the delivery estimate? That's something... Well, I guess I'll hold out hope that my Nov. 25-Dec. 1 window is "pessimistic."
In fairness, the initial estimate was 11/23 — 11/25. It arrived at the local rail yard on 11/22, which is about 40 miles from the dealer. With dealer prep and financing and Thanksgiving holiday, it'll probably be another week before I get it home. Just as well. My charger install scheduled for 12/2. I'm just glad that I'm getting it before year end and thus eligible for full tax credit and discounted registration.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Something I hadn't picked up on in the verbiage the Ford CS reps use has me wondering something:

"Your vehicle's last reported location was Ramp 5M, New Boston, MI. Your most recent update was on Nov-08-2022, 19:29 ET."

Does the last sentence mean they have received no additional tracking updates in their own system since Nov. 8? Or is that just meaning its "status" of "in transit" hasn't changed since Nov. 8? If it's the former, that's a long time in a black hole. Either way, Ford is telling me my truck is still in the rail yard closest to the factory, when the delivery window was originally closing today and now opens today. There's no way their estimating is accurate for these windows. They said 36 hours ago that it might show up today, which is nuts.

Sponsored

Jajar1124

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 VW Atlas
Something I hadn't picked up on in the verbiage the Ford CS reps use has me wondering something:

"Your vehicle's last reported location was Ramp 5M, New Boston, MI. Your most recent update was on Nov-08-2022, 19:29 ET."

Does the last sentence mean they have received no additional tracking updates in their own system since Nov. 8? Or is that just meaning its "status" of "in transit" hasn't changed since Nov. 8? If it's the former, that's a long time in a black hole. Either way, Ford is telling me my truck is still in the rail yard closest to the factory, when the delivery window was originally closing today and now opens today. There's no way their estimating is accurate for these windows. They said 36 hours ago that it might show up today, which is nuts.
I’m in the same boat and I think that it hasn’t changed since 11/8. Just sitting there…. Just chatted them again and I’m pushed from ETA of 11/26 to 12/01 now. Still think it’s a long shot even for the new date unless it’s getting loaded on a rail car today.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm seeing 10 Lightnings on our build week tracker that have missed their delivery date, though I know that tracker isn't completely accurate from people making comments on here. It seems like the trend is in this direction, though, and this has been quite a slow week. I wonder if Ford went down to skeleton crew on Wednesday or something. We're all up against a potential $3,750-$7,500 decision if these things don't start showing up... that railroad strike starts some time between Dec. 5 and Dec. 9 unless they can come to an agreement, after which I'm guessing we're screwed for deliveries this year, and those tax rebates are going to evaporate.

Jajar1124

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 VW Atlas
I'm seeing 10 Lightnings on our build week tracker that have missed their delivery date, though I know that tracker isn't completely accurate from people making comments on here. It seems like the trend is in this direction, though, and this has been quite a slow week. I wonder if Ford went down to skeleton crew on Wednesday or something. We're all up against a potential $3,750-$7,500 decision if these things don't start showing up... that railroad strike starts some time between Dec. 5 and Dec. 9 unless they can come to an agreement, after which I'm guessing we're screwed for deliveries this year, and those tax rebates are going to evaporate.
Seems like it’s out of fords hands now and it’s all on the rail company now. And as far as tax credits isn’t anything under $80k safe for next year? Didn’t think I’d have to worry about it but I guess it may be a concern with how we’re being pushed back now

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Some of those delivery dates were before the trucks actually shipped and I never received an updated estimate. I also haven’t had time to update the spreadsheet and won’t be able to for a few more days. I’ll make a sweep through all the threads once I’m back home and have multiple monitors.

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Reach out to your dealership. Ford Chat was telling me my truck was in Illinois, when the dealership has access to a tracker that reported it moving the whole time.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reach out to your dealership. Ford Chat was telling me my truck was in Illinois, when the dealership has access to a tracker that reported it moving the whole time.
I honestly get the impression I've annoyed the dealer, and I've only asked twice for a rail car number. I believe you that they may have better data on their end, but man, I'm wary of annoying the dealer because they haven't given me the "final price" yet.

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I honestly get the impression I've annoyed the dealer, and I've only asked twice for a rail car number. I believe you that they may have better data on their end, but man, I'm wary of annoying the dealer because they haven't given me the "final price" yet.
For sure. We had a Special Order Consultant at the dealership we'd email maybe once every couple of days.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seems like it’s out of fords hands now and it’s all on the rail company now. And as far as tax credits isn’t anything under $80k safe for next year? Didn’t think I’d have to worry about it but I guess it may be a concern with how we’re being pushed back now
Any electric vehicle with a battery pack that wasn't mostly sourced from the United States or a short list of allied nations isn't eligible for $3,750 of that credit come Jan. 1. As far as anyone knows Ford does not qualify for that half of the credit. I don't recall what the other $3,750 was tied to, maybe it was a price cap, but I know whatever it was doesn't affect my order.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some of those delivery dates were before the trucks actually shipped and I never received an updated estimate. I also haven’t had time to update the spreadsheet and won’t be able to for a few more days. I’ll make a sweep through all the threads once I’m back home and have multiple monitors.
I appreciate the explanation, but don't feel like you need to apologize or anything. It's great we have the tracker at all. That it would get desynced from time to time is expected. I just wish Ford was better about their estimating, but with the supply chain and freight being how it is these days, it's not terribly surprising they're missing the mark so much. It's probably more practical to expect them to stop guessing than to make more accurate guesses.

Jajar1124

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 VW Atlas
Any electric vehicle with a battery pack that wasn't mostly sourced from the United States or a short list of allied nations isn't eligible for $3,750 of that credit come Jan. 1. As far as anyone knows Ford does not qualify for that half of the credit. I don't recall what the other $3,750 was tied to, maybe it was a price cap, but I know whatever it was doesn't affect my order.

“Ford EVs and our PHEVs remain eligible for the $7,500 tax credit until guidance is issued at the end of this year. Next year, we believe we’ll meet the $3,750 critical minerals credit requirement on certain Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning models. In ’24, the rules will further restrict this critical materials credit. So, we believe it’s a fairly level playing field right now for all the OEMs as our supply chain of critical minerals extracted or processed in the US and FTA develops.”
This is from CEO Farley. How would you even be able to find info regarding battery makeup?
Sponsored