• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
That's what I'm getting from my dealer as well. My truck just got delivered so we will see. I know one guy posted about getting the private offer and the price protection without any issues.
Wow. This is seriously messed up. Your order at Ford.com only exists because the dealer accepted the order and confirmed the applicable sale price at that time. Besides printing out a copy of your order confirmation, tweeting at Mike Levine; the only other thing I can think of is try to find a consumer-advocate attorney who will offer to represent you and write a nice letter to the dealership. Also, you know Ford monitors this forum. So, don't be shy about naming the dealership in your posts . . .
Sponsored

Last edited:

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Nice man, congrats. Mine is still sitting in Portland, but hopefully will be transported down in the next day or so. Let me know if you or @timwren or @pdxmadman are able to apply the Oregon clean vehicle $2500 rebate at the dealership. My dealer can’t to that so I’ll have to do it after the fact, I’m curious if it will still apply with the new msrp though
My sales rep is out until tomorrow but I did reach out to Oregon DEQ when the MSRP was raised over 50k and they just stated that MY23 won’t be eligible. Maybe if our total purchase price is under 50k we can fight but with @granfaloon ‘s update it seems like we’ll need to fight for the price protection first.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
My sales rep is out until tomorrow but I did reach out to Oregon DEQ when the MSRP was raised over 50k and they just stated that MY23 won’t be eligible. Maybe if our total purchase price is under 50k we can fight but with @granfaloon ‘s update it seems like we’ll need to fight for the price protection first.
Yeah, honestly I’ll have to consider not taking delivery if they don’t offer price protection. I just don’t have an extra $5k in my budget and wouldn’t have placed an order if the price was where it is now. It’s extremely disappointing for me

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Jim,

Just a heads up on the price protection issue. The dealer handed me a preliminary document today that I didn't review until getting home which has the $52k base MSRP as the starting point.

I e-mailed seeking clarification and the dealer rep just replied:

1669852529342.png

I replied with the date of my order (8/11), date of the price protection publication by Ford (8/12), date of the $5k increase (10/5) and a copy of Ford's price protection terms.

I'm waiting to hear back and I guess I'll call Ford in the meantime. I'm supposed to pick it up 10am tomorrow.
Just sent me sales rep a long text and screenshot of my ‘check out’ pricing summary. Basically telling him that the October $51974 MSRP should be nowhere in my pricing And that the $7000 private offer has nothing to do with that $51974 MSRP. See what happens tomorrow

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Yeah, honestly I’ll have to consider not taking delivery if they don’t offer price protection. I just don’t have an extra $5k in my budget and wouldn’t have placed an order if the price was where it is now. It’s extremely disappointing for me

Well we have all train-spotted together and I am more than happy to help making this arcane process visible so that someone at @Ford Motor Company wakes up and recognizes that their most loyal customers are crossing their fingers that their dealer network properly relays the price protection / private offers they have afforded to their customers. This should be a time of celebration rather than trepidation.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Same thing is happening to me, dealer is refusing to honor the price at the time of order. Haven’t lots of people taken delivery and gotten price protection and the private cash offer? I thought that was the whole point, to bring it back down to MY22 prices
Did you have a purchase agreement? My dealer had me sign a document on Oct. 11 that had the $46,974 base price on it. If they were to attempt this line about it being a $51,974 base price, I at least have that to fall back on.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Stick to your guns, man. People have already gotten the correct deal right in this forum. The dealer is either lying or mistaken about the price protection. We all know how it's supposed to work. Ford made a pledge to offer reservation extenders the price they should've gotten last winter on this truck. The base price at the time you placed your order should be the only thing that matters. It's nuts for them to believe they can change the price of the vehicle after you ordered it and you just have to eat it.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Stick to your guns, man. People have already gotten the correct deal right in this forum. The dealer is either lying or mistaken about the price protection. We all know how it's supposed to work. Ford made a pledge to offer reservation extenders the price they should've gotten last winter on this truck. The base price at the time you placed your order should be the only thing that matters. It's nuts for them to believe they can change the price of the vehicle after you ordered it and you just have to eat it.
Thanks man, I’m not giving up yet, I just don’t know what I can do if they don’t budge. I’m a first time @Ford Motor Company buyer and I’ve never bought a new vehicle before. I’ve waited a year and a half for this truck and now the dealer is telling me I have to pay $5k more than the price I ordered and placed a deposit on. I don’t have a purchase agreement, just my ford.com order page that shows the original msrp. I suppose it was naive of me to think things would go smoothly

Sponsored

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
So, I couldn't help it and went out to finalize the purchase this afternoon. Got told the same thing as you @granfaloon and @Fair__dinkum. The $7000 private offer somehow nullifies the $5000 price protection.

I told them that this was not the guidance I'd gotten from Ford support and left. Not sure what happens next :confused:

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
So, I couldn't help it and went out to finalize the purchase this afternoon. Got told the same thing as you @granfaloon and @Fair__dinkum. The $7000 private offer somehow nullifies the $5000 price protection.

I told them that this was not the guidance I'd gotten from Ford support and left. Not sure what happens next :confused:
This is ridiculous. We got the private cash offer at the time we ordered, based on MSRP at the time. We should be price protected from the subsequent price increase in October since we paid our deposit prior to the increase. Seems very straightforward to me.

Nebraskabob

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning pro, maverick xlt
Are all these dealers really trying to make an extra 5k, or do they really not know how this should work?

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Are all these dealers really trying to make an extra 5k, or do they really not know how this should work?
I think it's a combination of not having specific written guidance from Ford, and a bit of wishful thinking on their part.

One thing that I heard from the sales manager was that the MSRP should be whatever it was at the time a VIN was issued. I told him that I was 99% sure I had a VIN before the price increases were announced, but he thought that it wasn't possible. Looking at my emails, it turns out I was right (In retrospect, I should have printed out EVERYTHING that I've gotten from Ford up until this point).

None of this would be an issue except for the fact that the window sticker reflects the "new" price. As far as my dealer's concerned, that's the number they're working from.

Tomorrow will be interesting. A bit of information from Ford support plus the link that @granfaloon posted above should be helpful.
Sponsored