• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
How did you do it! Don't spare any details!
This is a long story. So last night I texted my salesman this.
Sorry to text you so late but I want to send this so we can hopefully square things away tomorrow. If I click ‘complete my purchase’ on my ford.com order page, this is the pricing summary. As shown, this pricing is based on $46974 MSRP, which was the MSRP when I ordered in August. please don’t base my pricing on the $51974 MSRP from the October price increase. I know Ford locks in pricing to the date the order was placed. Ford even said in press releases back in October that people with existing orders are not effected by this. But I have heard of some dealers trying to use the $51974 October price and then trying to use the $7000 private offer to justify this. I have confirmed over and over that my price is $46974 (plus options, destination, fees and taxes) minus the $7000 private offer. The reason Ford gave the $7000 private offer was to secure the original $39974 MSRP for people who missed out on ordering a model year 22 Pro by extending their reservation for a Pro, like I did. So $7000 off would reduce the new $46974 MSRP to the original model year 22 pricing of $39974 plus options, destination, fees and taxes. It is no coincidence that $46974 minus $7000 equals the original $39974 MSRP of the original Pro. Again sorry for the late text.
He texted back this morning that he would pass it along to his manager. In the meantime I texted him a copy of this document about the October price increase, making note the summary mentions current retail orders are unaffected. I also sent a screenshot of final pricing as shown in my ‘complete your purchase” that’s shows the $46974 base MSRP. He calls and basically says this beyond his pay grade and I should get there early and go over all this with the manager. So I went in early. The manager was very nice and it seemed like she really wanted to help and understand the situation. I showed her my complete my purchase summary, the document below, my original signed order summary after I added pro power, a ford authority article about the private offer. She saw what I was saying and said her manager was at ford conference. I said perfect, must be lots of bigwigs there. She sent him images of my documents. About an hour later she came back and said he talked with ford reps there and they agreed that original $46974 MSRP is correct. Then by surprise she let me use an X-plan friends and family pin code. That took another $1200 off. They did skimp me on the state rebate and only gave me $500 even though the state program total me the Pro still qualifies for the $2000. But they told me if the dealer only gives me $500 I will get reimbursed the rest. Same thing happened when I bought my Kona EV. So in the end I paid $43254 (original $39974 base MSRP, $3185 options and $1795 destination minus $1200 x-plan, minus $500 state) before sales tax and about $450 in title/registration/inspection and processing fees.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) ABB8AC68-31F4-406D-8C27-E429FA3BDC3C
Sponsored

Last edited:

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
It's sad that even with all the facts, as others in the forum have found out, that it still depends on the dealer "knowing" the right thing to do (and choosing to do it). Glad you got your truck! Congrats!

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
It's sad that even with all the facts, as others in the forum have found out, that it still depends on the dealer "knowing" the right thing to do (and choosing to do it). Glad you got your truck! Congrats!
One major part of story I forgot but remembered as I was going through the paperwork at home.
When the manager contacted her manager who was at a Ford conference. Of course I don't know anything that transpired between other than the small info she gave me. But as I said, originally she sent him my documents and some of her documents as well as explaining the problem. From this Ford reissued an updated invoice for my truck to reflect the correct MSRP not the October MSRP. Once that new invoiced arrive everything was golden.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
One major part of story I forgot but remembered as I was going through the paperwork at home.
When the manager contacted her manager who was at a Ford conference. Of course I don't know anything that transpired between other than the small info she gave me. But as I said, originally she sent him my documents and some of her documents as well as explaining the problem. From this Ford reissued an updated invoice for my truck to reflect the correct MSRP not the October MSRP. Once that new invoiced arrive everything was golden.
Thanks for this. That seems like it could be a critical detail for some dealers.

Sponsored

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
It's a 6 or 7 year old article. I'd need to dig it up.
I’ve seen the 2016 policy document, so you’re saying that still applies? My dealer is saying that ‘Ford is shifting their price protection program on 2023 models’. Does that make any sense to you?

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
@Aakyl - What was your experience with the price protection / private offer? @Blainestang is so far the only MY23 with a clean experience and he was lucky enough to be dealing with Granger. I still don’t have my final numbers but any tips/links @FordVideoGuy could toss our way would be greatly appreciated.
I did have a sales person at a dealer in California reach out to me because it is not clear whether a person with a Pro extended invite that ordered a 23 would get both the $7000 private offer and price protection to the $46,974 price. I re-read the dealer news bulletin when they increase the Pro price from $46,974 to $51,974. It reads:

"Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling (those that have ordered before Oct. 4) are unaffected by this adjustment. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series is now sold out for retail customers. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro availability will continue for customers that meet the eligibility qualification for the commercial order bank.

The adjusted MSRP of $51,974 will go into effect for new commercial customer orders place starting October 24."

So customers that had an extended invite from 2022 will receive a private offer of $7000 and be price protected to their ordered price of $46,974. Those that did not have an extended invite to order but ordered a Pro prior to Oct 4, will be price protected to $46,974. The dealers will receive the difference on their Dealer Payment Statement 45-60 days after the sale is posted to Ford. Another note this only works if the person that ordered the vehicle is the person who buys the vehicle.

Hope this helps.

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
I’m very reluctant to pay the extra $5k and hope I get a check. I would think the only reason ford would send the $5k would be to reimburse the dealer, not to give the customer money back that they paid to the dealer.

Maybe @FordVideoGuy can clarify. If a customer pays more for an order that is supposed to be price protected, would that money be refunded to the customer after the fact? I’m referring specifically to wave 1 lightning Pro orders, since MSRP increased after MY23 Pro’s we’re sold out for retail
The money is sent to the dealer not the customer for the price protection difference. I just posted above the complete details.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I did have a sales person at a dealer in California reach out to me because it is not clear whether a person with a Pro extended invite that ordered a 23 would get both the $7000 private offer and price protection to the $46,974 price. I re-read the dealer news bulletin when they increase the Pro price from $46,974 to $51,974. It reads:

"Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling (those that have ordered before Oct. 4) are unaffected by this adjustment. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series is now sold out for retail customers. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro availability will continue for customers that meet the eligibility qualification for the commercial order bank.

The adjusted MSRP of $51,974 will go into effect for new commercial customer orders place starting October 24."

So customers that had an extended invite from 2022 will receive a private offer of $7000 and be price protected to their ordered price of $46,974. Those that did not have an extended invite to order but ordered a Pro prior to Oct 4, will be price protected to $46,974. The dealers will receive the difference on their Dealer Payment Statement 45-60 days after the sale is posted to Ford. Another note this only works if the person that ordered the vehicle is the person who buys the vehicle.

Hope this helps.
Thanks much. This is exactly what I tried to communicate to my dealer, but they seem to think Ford is changing their price protection model for 2023. That October memo lays it out in black and white in my opinion.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
The money is sent to the dealer not the customer for the price protection difference. I just posted above the complete details.
Someone else mentioned that their dealer was able to get an updated invoice from ford that reflected the correct msrp pre-October price hike. Is that something any dealer would be able to request? Seems like it would eliminate any uncertainty on the dealers part.

Sponsored

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Thanks much. This is exactly what I tried to communicate to my dealer, but they seem to think Ford is changing their price protection model for 2023. That October memo lays it out in black and white in my opinion.
Agree, it doesn't get any clearer than that.

I can already tell this isn't going to work for me, though. My sales rep is just going to say, "The current MSRP is what we were invoiced for, and that's it." In his mind, there's no way the dealer gets that money back, so there's no point in even looking.

Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of doing now is getting the rep to agree to an IOU conditional on whether Ford sends the reimbursement.

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Wastewater Collections Technician
Hi all, that was me. They want some statement from ford. They looked into it this morning and said we are ready to “rock n roll” so I will be finalizing later today.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Agree, it doesn't get any clearer than that.

I can already tell this isn't going to work for me, though. My sales rep is just going to say, "The current MSRP is what we were invoiced for, and that's it." In his mind, there's no way the dealer gets that money back, so there's no point in even looking.

Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of doing now is getting the rep to agree to an IOU conditional on whether Ford sends the reimbursement.
Keep the faith brother. I’ll be going full Karen and asking to speak to the manager if I get the same story today. They need to show me official communication from ford after that October dealer bulletin that contradicts what was said about us pro extenders. The second price increase does not effect us, per ford

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Keep the faith brother. I’ll be going full Karen and asking to speak to the manager if I get the same story today. They need to show me official communication from ford after that October dealer bulletin that contradicts what was said about us pro extenders. The second price increase does not effect us, per ford
Full Karen! Love it. Keep it respectful, of course... :)

I'm going in at 3PM today. Will report back here as soon as I'm done.

Jajar1124

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 VW Atlas
“Thank you for waiting. I have located the order in the In Transit status. Last location shows Ramp 5M, New Boston, MI as the ETA for the start of the order traveling to your dealer isn't until Dec-05-2022. I also see an ETA of Dec-11-2022 for delivery to your dealer”

first time seeing “start of the order traveling”…has anyone else seen that?
Sponsored