• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
“Thank you for waiting. I have located the order in the In Transit status. Last location shows Ramp 5M, New Boston, MI as the ETA for the start of the order traveling to your dealer isn't until Dec-05-2022. I also see an ETA of Dec-11-2022 for delivery to your dealer”

first time seeing “start of the order traveling”…has anyone else seen that?
I still have nothing for ETA on my order. time to fire up ford chat lol
Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
“Thank you for waiting. I have located the order in the In Transit status. Last location shows Ramp 5M, New Boston, MI as the ETA for the start of the order traveling to your dealer isn't until Dec-05-2022. I also see an ETA of Dec-11-2022 for delivery to your dealer”

first time seeing “start of the order traveling”…has anyone else seen that?
That's the first I've seen that verbiage. Maybe Ford is estimating start of movement. Weird that they'd guess six days transit time, that's hardly normal based on the tracker... the average transit time has been like two weeks.

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
Someone else mentioned that their dealer was able to get an updated invoice from ford that reflected the correct msrp pre-October price hike. Is that something any dealer would be able to request? Seems like it would eliminate any uncertainty on the dealers part.
Yes, they can pull a DORA from the time the Lightning was ordered. DORAs are created at time of ordering and any time changes are made, like equipment changes or priority or order number changes.

Jajar1124

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 VW Atlas
That's the first I've seen that verbiage. Maybe Ford is estimating start of movement. Weird that they'd guess six days transit time, that's hardly normal based on the tracker... the average transit time has been like two weeks.
Yeah figured it seemed like a first. I thought that 2 week transit time was “door to door” if it’s only from rail yard to door and it’s been in the rail yard for a month it might be a fair estimate haha

Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Any update on your truck?
Probably being crushed under the massive weight of dust and bird crap it has collected. Ford said to give them till Monday for a status update, unsurprisingly they said they had no update when I called them today anyways.

SorryElon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
got my built email early this morning. Marked built on 11/30. Interesting that Wed AM my dealer's Ford rep inquired about what chip or why it was taking so long and then it got marked built. This was a suggestion from ford customer service to do. My dealer wasn't sure if it would help but they are amazing so they reached out regardless. Im sure ford CS is happy I am not reaching out every other day to hear a detailed status.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
got my built email early this morning. Marked built on 11/30. Interesting that Wed AM my dealer's Ford rep inquired about what chip or why it was taking so long and then it got marked built. This was a suggestion from ford customer service to do. My dealer wasn't sure if it would help but they are amazing so they reached out regardless. Im sure ford CS is happy I am not reaching out every other day to hear a detailed status.
Hasn't worked for me. I'm probably a few calls away from them blocking my phone number 😂

Nebraskabob

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning pro, maverick xlt
Well I picked up my Pro SR today. I was able to get the 7k rebate without any issues but ended up taking the IOU for the 5k price protection. The dealer was truly worried they wouldn't get the money back from ford so we settled on the written IOU. It's a very small dealer and I'm confident I will get it. I'm very impressed with the truck so far. Can't wait to put some miles on it.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 20221202_142219

Sponsored

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
Lol I don't know if I should be excited and set up for another punch to the face or just go with the good news.

I am happy that you reached out to us regarding your order!
Review of you your order shows the primary status of In Transit,
Arrived Rail - Railcar # TTGX852091 (Union Pacific Railroad ).
Location-San Antonio, TX. ETA-Dec-10-2022 

So at least it is in TX

did a trace and the car is empty now heading to San Jose Tx

so again I can hope my car is now unloaded in San Antonio lol

Last edited:

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
How are my train buddies @alexose and @timwren doing? I just got my ‘complete your purchase’ email from ford, but it’s been radio silence from my dealer since yesterday. I don’t have a good feeling about it

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
How are my train buddies @alexose and @timwren doing? I just got my ‘complete your purchase’ email from ford, but it’s been radio silence from my dealer since yesterday. I don’t have a good feeling about it
I was supposed to receive final pricing today but it didn’t happen. Truck should arrive in Ontario Monday but need to get the CU to wire the funds so probably Thursday pickup if I don’t need to fight the price protection battle.

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Well, I lost. Paid the "extra" $5000. As expected there was no path to adjusting the MSRP, regardless of how high I got up the ladder. They said they'd sell the truck to someone else if I didn't come to an agreement today, and that was that.

But! There's a silver lining. I think I made my case pretty well. I brought in a folder of all the documents with the important lines highlighted, walked through the exact verbiage of the Price Protection Program, and showed them my original order MSRP. And although I couldn't get anything in writing, I at least got a handshake agreement that if they get a reimbursement from Ford, it'll come back to me.

I honestly don't think they were playing dumb. This is only the second Pro they've sold, and it's the first MY2023 Pro. As far as they were concerned, I was just some guy off the street asking for $5000 off an already killer deal. I kind of understand why they were frustrated with me. But as soon as the documents were signed, we were all smiles.

Absolutely ecstatic to have the truck. It's just as good as I had hoped. Just, heart-stoppingly insanely good.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Well, I lost. Paid the "extra" $5000. As expected there was no path to adjusting the MSRP, regardless of how high I got up the ladder. They said they'd sell the truck to someone else if I didn't come to an agreement today, and that was that.

But! There's a silver lining. I think I made my case pretty well. I brought in a well-organized folder with the important lines highlighted, walked through the exact verbiage of the Price Protection Program, and showed them my original order MSRP. And although I couldn't get anything in writing, I at least got a handshake agreement that if they get a reimbursement from Ford, it'll come back to me.

I honestly don't think they were playing dumb. This is only the second Pro they've sold, and it's the first MY2023 Pro. As far as they were concerned, I was just some guy off the street asking for $5000 off an already killer deal. I kind of understand why they were frustrated with me. But as soon as the documents were signed, we were all smiles.

Absolutely ecstatic to have the truck. It's just as good as I had hoped. Just, heart-stoppingly insanely good.
You still got a great deal and you're happy. If they follow-through on the reimbursement, that's just icing on the cake. Congrats on the new truck!
Sponsored