• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Nope sales guy said I only get one. Maybe the other one costs $5000. That’s why they gave me price protection

I would take the 5K over a 2nd or even 3rd fob :)
Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Nope sales guy said I only get one. Maybe the other one costs $5000. That’s why they gave me protection
You're supposed to get two, the Ford MyKey system always includes two. They probably misplaced one of the fobs and are trying to not replace it since they're a couple hundred bucks. The MyKey settings on your truck should list fobs that are linked. It will show two of them unless they deleted one after losing it.

Might be worth contacting Ford...

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
The rail car I believe my truck is on, and possibly @markeyv's, had a couple of status changes today at the CSX rail yard in Taft:
Was "Constructively placed" yesterday.
This morning it went into "Placed in industry" status. The word "industry" in rail jargon basically means another part of the rail yard.
Then about an hour ago it was "Released by the customer". I take that to mean my dealership has constructive possession of it, which is to say they either took possession of its contents or they transferred custody of the contents to a roadway shipper. Either way, progress.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
So what accessories are folks considering for their new lightnings? I’m thinking of getting a stubby antenna, running boards and a bed cover. Anyone have any recommendations? I see OEM takeoff running boards on eBay for around $200

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
aftermarket add ons are so subject to the owners taste it would be impossible for me to comment :)

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
So what accessories are folks considering for their new lightnings? I’m thinking of getting a stubby antenna, running boards and a bed cover. Anyone have any recommendations? I see OEM takeoff running boards on eBay for around $200
I'm considering some sort of running board.

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
My truck's going to show up at the dealer today. It's going to meet my original ETA window of 12/2-12/8. Interestingly, Ford shifted my window yesterday to 12/9-12/15. Can't wait to see the Azure in person.

Sponsored

Oregonal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR, Bolt EUV
Occupation
Meh
The rail car I believe my truck is on, and possibly @markeyv's, had a couple of status changes today at the CSX rail yard in Taft:
Was "Constructively placed" yesterday.
This morning it went into "Placed in industry" status. The word "industry" in rail jargon basically means another part of the rail yard.
Then about an hour ago it was "Released by the customer". I take that to mean my dealership has constructive possession of it, which is to say they either took possession of its contents or they transferred custody of the contents to a roadway shipper. Either way, progress.
Mine has been shipped as well, can you point me to a link that shows how to track the vehicle as it makes its way through the rail system?
Thanks
Al

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Mine has been shipped as well, can you point me to a link that shows how to track the vehicle as it makes its way through the rail system?
Thanks
Al
It will depend on which rail carrier your truck is being transported by. Since you're in Oregon, rail transit will definitely make up most of the journey. The truck always starts with a short-haul over-road delivery from the Ford River Rouge Complex in Dearborn, Michigan to the rail yard in New Boston, Michigan. From there it gets assigned to a rail carrier, could be CSX, BNSF, etc. Both your dealership and Ford's web chat customer service agents have access to the transit tracking details you need, namely the rail car number. That number is what you'll supply to the rail carrier to track your truck's progress. Assuming my details are correct, mine was shipped via CSX, which has a phone number you can call for automated tracking support.

Oregonal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR, Bolt EUV
Occupation
Meh
Thanks that is really helpful much appreciated👍
Sponsored