• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
If y’all need a pose idea. I recommend the Frunk Flex :) thank you to everyone for the support. Got it all done and couldn’t be happier

3A40D7B8-8126-46E4-8391-76A23C57373B.jpeg
This picture just made me panic! :LOL: Like, this means my truck will actually be here next week, its finally getting real!!. I need to install a second charger so I can charge this thing when I bring it home.

The Mach E charges in one garage, so I get the outside for the Lightning. OMG, I need to do the work in the next few days!

Oh, and enjoy that truck. We all waited long enough
Sponsored

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Wastewater Collections Technician
This picture just made me panic! :LOL: Like, this means my truck will actually be here next week, its finally getting real!!. I need to install a second charger so I can charge this thing when I bring it home.

The Mach E charges in one garage, so I get the outside for the Lightning. OMG, I need to do the work in the next few days!

Oh, and enjoy that truck. We all waited long enough
That’s so cool! My brother is planning on his EV soon. We live together but I think one charger will be enough and we can just alternate charge nights 🙂

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
[Apologies should have read above before posting -- looks like others are right there with me]

My Lightning Pro is arriving today at dealer. Unfortunately dealer is seeing the $7000k private offer but is holding firm to that being off current MSRP not based on order price. So that leaves me looking at $5000 more than expected. It looks like some of you have been getting the full amount.

He is stating that he has talked to the East Coast regional sales manager in Florida and she is confirming that this is the case. And that this is the case for all East Coast dealers.

Is everyone having the same experience or am I being "played" by my dealer?
Pretty much. I was able to get both but I think I found a manager who honestly and truly wanted to help. This may sound sexist but the manager was a woman, which I think helped. She wanted to do the right thing, didn’t just brush me off and made the calls. Other people are at least getting some reassurance that if the dealer does receive the $5000 back from Ford they will pass it along to the customer.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My eta just shot way up. From 12/23-12/29 and now it says 12/8 to 12/14. Let’s gooo!!!
Mine too, I went from 12/22-12/30 to 12/2-12/8!

Edit: Contacted Ford CS, my truck is in Portland!

Last edited:

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Mine too, I went from 12/22-12/30 to 12/2-12/8!

Edit: Contacted Ford CS, my truck is in Portland!
Nice! No change to my ETA with Ford, but dealer reports my truck has been to Barstow on the way to Port of Richmond. So, original ship report appears to be holding. Only partial clarity on pricing (only addresses a single price increase). Hopefully, that's implicit recognition that second increase simply doesn't apply. Still working on that.

Sponsored

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Update: Start the conversation with your dealer about pricing NOW (before your truck arrives). Ford Store Morgan Hill, who early promised "No ADM," is also having difficulty with Ford's invoicing reflecting two price increases and only one $7000 rebate. I have repeatedly explained the "common misunderstanding" plaguing dealerships around the country and their current line is, "The $7k rebate offsets the price increase [singular]." Weird that dealerships seem to pay no mind to the pricing they confirmed with our orders. If they won't adhere to that writing, why would they adhere to a handshake or further IOU to pass on the $5k later, if they ever receive it from Ford?! So, I've again urged them to contact Ford Western Regional Sales to straighten out the story on Ford's invoicing reflecting the second, inapplicable price increase (thank you Ford!). So far, snail-rail appears to be providing plenty of time to conduct this stupid debate . . . so, I'll keep at it.

Edit: Btw, why isn't Ford Motor Company reaching out to the handful of retail Pro order-holders asking for our VINs and dealership names as they do for people experiencing the clicking sound upon acceleration/deceleration? In those cases, they state "this isn't the experience we want you to be having." And this is?

Last edited:

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
See Granger Ford's 12:54pm (Pacific) confirmation of Ford's entire Price Protection Program at page 75 of the 10/24 Build Week thread.

If we'd known this is how things were going to play out, we all would have had a MY23 Pro Delivery Party in Iowa in Granger's parking lot!

Hatchback

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
Update: Start the conversation with your dealer about pricing NOW (before your truck arrives). Ford Store Morgan Hill, who early promised "No ADM," is also having difficulty with Ford's invoicing reflecting two price increases and only one $7000 rebate. I have repeatedly explained the "common misunderstanding" plaguing dealerships around the country and their current line is, "The $7k rebate offsets the price increase [singular]." Weird that dealerships seem to pay no mind to the pricing they confirmed with our orders. If they won't adhere to that writing, why would they adhere to a handshake or further IOU to pass on the $5k later, if they ever receive it from Ford?! So, I've again urged them to contact Ford Western Regional Sales to straighten out the story on Ford's invoicing reflecting the second, inapplicable price increase (thank you Ford!). So far, snail-rail appears to be providing plenty of time to conduct this stupid debate . . . so, I'll keep at it.

Edit: Btw, why isn't Ford Motor Company reaching out to the handful of retail Pro order-holders asking for our VINs and dealership names as they do for people experiencing the clicking sound upon acceleration/deceleration? In those cases, they state "this isn't the experience we want you to be having." And this is?
@Ford Motor Company , see above. A chance for you to improve customer experience. Many of us with Pro orders are worried about dealers not honoring the price.

Reactions: s_c

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
@Ford Motor Company , see above. A chance for you to improve customer experience. Many of us with Pro orders are worried about dealers not honoring the price.
Well, at least I've been passed up the Sales Manager at Morgan Hill; but he just continues to ignore Ford Price Protection against the October price increase ("We're passing on Ford's incorrect invoicing to you!"). It is getting pretty tiring to have to repeat the same talking points over and over. (Thanks again Ford!) Especially, when all the relevant information is readily and publicly available just at this forum (Sincere thanks to Granger Ford and all the forum members who have helped out!). So, I'll spend the first part of next week working with a consumer fraud attorney, if Morgan Hill can't pull their head out . . . and simply adhere to their order contract with me.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
See Granger Ford's 12:54pm (Pacific) confirmation of Ford's entire Price Protection Program at page 75 of the 10/24 Build Week thread.

If we'd known this is how things were going to play out, we all would have had a MY23 Pro Delivery Party in Iowa in Granger's parking lot!
Let me help you with that:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...d-week-group-my2023.12206/page-75#post-280936

Price protection works as follows:

If you have a 2023 order, you receive the price at the time of order plus any additional rebates/direct offers that Ford offered for a 2022 to 2023 transition. Ford reimburses the dealership based on the price increase during the model year by paying the dealer on the dealer payment statement 30-45 days after selling the truck to the owner who ordered it. If that information doesn't match, the dealership doesn't get paid for it.

Sponsored

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
CSX now reports railcar just reaching Barstow this morning. Hopefully they are lagging since car is now on BNSF and dealer had already tracked car to Barstow. . . Who knows?

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Hi guys! I think a lot of you will be getting yours soon now :)
I wanna make an awesome recommendation.. tailgate lettering! Look at the before and after!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 7F3A0FD7-1DFE-482C-9756-B719F880F249

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) D41534BF-6153-4841-A353-56B68E3A7128

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Hi guys! I think a lot of you will be getting yours soon now :)
I wanna make an awesome recommendation.. tailgate lettering! Look at the before and after!

7F3A0FD7-1DFE-482C-9756-B719F880F249.jpeg

D41534BF-6153-4841-A353-56B68E3A7128.jpeg
Where did you get that from? I have the same color and I want to add it to my Christmas list!

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Amazon! It’s gloss black color

ranchd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro SR
Occupation
Software
CSX now reports railcar just reaching Barstow this morning. Hopefully they are lagging since car is now on BNSF and dealer had already tracked car to Barstow. . . Who knows?
Same here. Must be on the same train. Maybe it was sitting in Dagget the whole time and then moved to Barstow a few miles away? hopefully to finally move to Nor Cal.
Sponsored