• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

tigertas32

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer ST
It’s gosch ford Escondido. They just think they take the greater of the two. I showed them the video where tim says they’re separate to no avail. Hoping to get resolved tomorrow
Good old Gosch Ford. Pretty incompetent over there. Not just finance, but sales, and service. Hopefully you finally got it done and they learned something that others will benefit from.
Sponsored

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
[Apologies should have read above before posting -- looks like others are right there with me]

My Lightning Pro is arriving today at dealer. Unfortunately dealer is seeing the $7000k private offer but is holding firm to that being off current MSRP not based on order price. So that leaves me looking at $5000 more than expected. It looks like some of you have been getting the full amount.

He is stating that he has talked to the East Coast regional sales manager in Florida and she is confirming that this is the case. And that this is the case for all East Coast dealers.

Is everyone having the same experience or am I being "played" by my dealer?
I have no dog in this hunt (Lariat ER), but I do know some people at several Ford dealers, and I don't think anyone is necessarily being played per se. I think the left hand and right hand aren't connected. I think the factory does something, then the corporate people do and say something different, then the dealer support people do something different yet again, then it leaks onto some forum, then everyone gets confused. And the dealer is left holding the bag (customer), who gets information from the internet that might be conflicting with what the dealer has been told.

In my interactions, and this was certainly true during our Mach E ordering process, it always takes some time to figure out exactly what the manufacturer policy actually is. And even the dealer support teams don't know. My dealer has been fantastic to work with on everything, but the whole EV transition hasn't been kind from Ford "corporate" on down.

Just look at the weirdness around the heated steering wheels. They literally deleted them from everyone's truck, then leaked rumors that they would activate in the field, then denied that, then published a document saying the would issue a field service action to actually install them in the field, then withdrew the document, then (according to some reports) asked customers to sign documents saying they know they will never get the heated steering wheel. All the while, its a core part of the option package that everyone orders.

Many times, it seems like finding the actual supportable and repeatable information is hard. And Ford, much as I enjoy many of their cars, has been gargantuanly confusing about their EV policies, their dealership support, and their customer interaction.

My nonsensical 2 cent... FWIW

psc93119

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I have no dog in this hunt (Lariat ER), but I do know some people at several Ford dealers, and I don't think anyone is necessarily being played per se. I think the left hand and right hand aren't connected. I think the factory does something, then the corporate people do and say something different, then the dealer support people do something different yet again, then it leaks onto some forum, then everyone gets confused. And the dealer is left holding the bag (customer), who gets information from the internet that might be conflicting with what the dealer has been told.

In my interactions, and this was certainly true during our Mach E ordering process, it always takes some time to figure out exactly what the manufacturer policy actually is. And even the dealer support teams don't know. My dealer has been fantastic to work with on everything, but the whole EV transition hasn't been kind from Ford "corporate" on down.

Just look at the weirdness around the heated steering wheels. They literally deleted them from everyone's truck, then leaked rumors that they would activate in the field, then denied that, then published a document saying the would issue a field service action to actually install them in the field, then withdrew the document, then (according to some reports) asked customers to sign documents saying they know they will never get the heated steering wheel. All the while, its a core part of the option package that everyone orders.

Many times, it seems like finding the actual supportable and repeatable information is hard. And Ford, much as I enjoy many of their cars, has been gargantuanly confusing about their EV policies, their dealership support, and their customer interaction.

My nonsensical 2 cent... FWIW
I think that's the case for me right now and my dealer. They seem truly genuine in saying that they can't see the $5000 "price protection" and are not willing to take the risk to give it.

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Well, Team Nor Cal's railcars (if our trucks are actually on the cars originally reported by Ford back at ~11/18 -- now contradicted by our Ford accounts) should be reaching Port Richmond today. CSX still simply reports the 11/27 Dagget departure. And now a new one at Ford CS -- they won't connect my call to a CS Rep. After I describe the purpose of my call as "Order Status" for an "F150" the line just drops. WTF?

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Wastewater Collections Technician
Good old Gosch Ford. Pretty incompetent over there. Not just finance, but sales, and service. Hopefully you finally got it done and they learned something that others will benefit from.
They made some calls this morning and got confirmation. I just walked out with the truck. Everything was as smooth as I had hoped for. I hope this shows everyone that as long as the dealer is willing, you can definitely get both. I couldn’t be happier and I can’t wait for y’all to get yours!

Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Well, Team Nor Cal's railcars (if our trucks are actually on the cars originally reported by Ford back at ~11/18 -- now contradicted by our Ford accounts) should be reaching Port Richmond today. CSX still simply reports the 11/27 Dagget departure. And now a new one at Ford CS -- they won't connect my call to a CS Rep. After I describe the purpose of my call as "Order Status" for an "F150" the line just drops. WTF?
Ask for "New Vehicle Support Team" instead, it is almost always near instantaneous and takes less time than Ford chat for those of us hounding them for our deliveries.

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
They made some calls this morning and got confirmation. I just walked out with the truck. Everything was as smooth as I had hoped for. I hope this shows everyone that as long as the dealer is willing, you can definitely get both. I couldn’t be happier and I can’t wait for y’all to get yours!
Do you know who they had to call? Congrats on the new truck!

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Do you know who they had to call? Congrats on the new truck!
From what I was told, they got in contact with the guy in charge of the whole west coast! So have them go up the food chain

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
From what I was told, they got in contact with the guy in charge of the whole west coast! So have them go up the food chain
Nice, hopefully that sets a precedent for the rest of us west coasters. Congrats on the truck

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Ask for "New Vehicle Support Team" instead, it is almost always near instantaneous and takes less time than Ford chat for those of us hounding them for our deliveries.
Nope. Doesn't matter what I say. Ford CS just drops my calls. So, no updates for me until my dealer updates. Though, last status he provided mirrored Ford's, "Psyche, we didn't ship your truck on the railcar we confirmed on 11/18. But it might be shipped now!" The weirdness continues . . .

Sponsored

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Nope. Doesn't matter what I say. Ford CS just drops my calls. So, no updates for me until my dealer updates. Though, last status he provided mirrored Ford's, "Psyche, we didn't ship your truck on the railcar we confirmed on 11/18. But it might be shipped now!" The weirdness continues . . .
Ford CS was not helpful at all. They basically thought the dealer was right.

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
If y’all need a pose idea. I recommend the Frunk Flex :) thank you to everyone for the support. Got it all done and couldn’t be happier

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/31 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 3A40D7B8-8126-46E4-8391-76A23C57373B

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
If y’all need a pose idea. I recommend the Frunk Flex :) thank you to everyone for the support. Got it all done and couldn’t be happier

3A40D7B8-8126-46E4-8391-76A23C57373B.jpeg
Enjoy your truck buddy!

Don't dissappear, stick around and report your experience...

Jml91

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Enjoy your truck buddy!

Don't dissappear, stick around and report your experience...
It’s AWESOME! My parents were kind enough to come over and give me a ride to the dealership, so I treated them for lunch. Two exits down the freeway and I got 5.1kwh/mile going there. Coming home got 3.2kwh/mile. Punched it once at a red light next to a nice Porsche. Wasn’t even close haha