• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 11/07 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
I give up. I just contacted the dealer and inquired about a cancellation and refund. They said it would be no problem, but I want to see it in writing. Been a Ford owner all my life, but my 2017 Mustang could very well be my last purchase with them. Next up, Silverado EV. I hope they don’t let me down.
GM is experiencing the exact same delays and and problems with their vehicles. And to the end customer, it appears like the same shenanigans of building and delivering out of order. All automakers are dealing with this, some are presenting the illusion of better recovery because they don't build or ship anywhere near as many vehicles as Ford does with the F-150.

Hopefully our global supply chain will be in better order within the next year or so. The non-stop covid lockdowns in China are wreaking havoc on a global scale. They seem to have finally eased up on their lockdown policy this past week as huge companies are finally at a point where they have no option but to start pulling their manufacturing interests from China.

Silverado EV has a year until first deliveries. GM didn't over-sell it like Ford did with the Lightning and allow 250K+ orders. Current issues with Ultium pack production, potential mass recall due to seals and water getting into the packs is a huge issue they're working through at the moment. Probably going to be another battery pack recall like they did with the Bolt, but affecting the Hummer EV and Lyriq. Production has all but stalled on these vehicles with this pack thing...

Keep in mind, you put in a reservation for a vehicle with Ford (and partner dealership) to be sold to you if/when it gets delivered. All dates are only estimates, nothing guaranteed and all that.

If covid never happened, we'd all be driving around in our Lightnings right now, without any missing features, probably would've paid a lot less too. We'd probably have Limited and King Ranch trims to pick from as well.
Sponsored

carrillj

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Occupation
Government
GM is experiencing the exact same delays and and problems with their vehicles. And to the end customer, it appears like the same shenanigans of building and delivering out of order. All automakers are dealing with this, some are presenting the illusion of better recovery because they don't build or ship anywhere near as many vehicles as Ford does with the F-150.

Hopefully our global supply chain will be in better order within the next year or so. The non-stop covid lockdowns in China are wreaking havoc on a global scale. They seem to have finally eased up on their lockdown policy this past week as huge companies are finally at a point where they have no option but to start pulling their manufacturing interests from China.

Silverado EV has a year until first deliveries. GM didn't over-sell it like Ford did with the Lightning and allow 250K+ orders. Current issues with Ultium pack production, potential mass recall due to seals and water getting into the packs is a huge issue they're working through at the moment. Probably going to be another battery pack recall like they did with the Bolt, but affecting the Hummer EV and Lyriq. Production has all but stalled on these vehicles with this pack thing...

Keep in mind, you put in a reservation for a vehicle with Ford (and partner dealership) to be sold to you if/when it gets delivered. All dates are only estimates, nothing guaranteed and all that.

If covid never happened, we'd all be driving around in our Lightnings right now, without any missing features, probably would've paid a lot less too. We'd probably have Limited and King Ranch trims to pick from as well.
All excellent points that I understand and agree with. I’m willing to wait this out a few years until manufacturing gets back on track and charging stations improve. The EV range has to get closer to 400 miles before I consider it a family hauler for long trips, so in the end, this whole debacle works out better for me in the long run. I was going to buy this Lariat in cash because interest rates are ridiculous, so I’ll just end up investing it instead and wait for rates to go down. Win-win for me and Ford who can make more profit from the truck since I was locked in at MY22 pricing.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
All excellent points that I understand and agree with. I’m willing to wait this out a few years until manufacturing gets back on track and charging stations improve. The EV range has to get closer to 400 miles before I consider it a family hauler for long trips, so in the end, this whole debacle works out better for me in the long run. I was going to buy this Lariat in cash because interest rates are ridiculous, so I’ll just end up investing it instead and wait for rates to go down. Win-win for me and Ford who can make more profit from the truck since I was locked in at MY22 pricing.
I’m not far behind you on this.

carrillj

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Government
I’m not far behind you on this.
Went to the dealer yesterday and got refunded my $100 reservation and $500 deposit and told them they could have the truck whenever it decided to come in. I wasn’t even angry and if anything I felt a sense of relief and even slept better at night. In the end, I think the delays was a blessing considering what I’m now hearing about the truck which was making me nervous. I don’t think it will age well once the competition catches up in a short year or two.

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
All the chip shortage due to COVID is nonsense! It just shows the short planning from Ford.. other car manufacturer already solved these problems. Tesla now delivers so is VW ID4.

What adds insult to injury is the fact that Ford delivered cars totally at random disregarding reservation order! It's pathetic that I was a first minute reservation holder and now I could be getting the 23 Lariat ER at a premium of 14k compared with 22!

Still more.. they are finishing up cars that were on chip shortage also completely out of order.. all random.

I am planning to wait until my truck arrive at the dealer and I am willing to negotiate some discount or I am walking away. The 23 ER won't be easy to sell due to lack of rebate.. good luck with adding markups!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
All the chip shortage due to COVID is nonsense! It just shows the short planning from Ford.. other car manufacturer already solved these problems. Tesla now delivers so is VW ID4.

What adds insult to injury is the fact that Ford delivered cars totally at random disregarding reservation order! It's pathetic that I was a first minute reservation holder and now I could be getting the 23 Lariat ER at a premium of 14k compared with 22!

Still more.. they are finishing up cars that were on chip shortage also completely out of order.. all random.

I am planning to wait until my truck arrive at the dealer and I am willing to negotiate some discount or I am walking away. The 23 ER won't be easy to sell due to lack of rebate.. good luck with adding markups!
My local dealer has 5 Lightnings in stock - all dealer orders. How those got to the dealer before my 18-month-old reservation... frustrating!

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
The truck I ended up purchasing this week had a blend date for early september 2022. The truck has every feature that has been removed on my current order. Makes me think that Ford had a vertain allotment of parts for reservation holders, and another for dealer stock for their lots. Can't think of any other explanation as to why this is possible. My truck now has onboard scales, a feature that was removed months ago.

carrillj

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Government
My local dealer has 5 Lightnings in stock - all dealer orders. How those got to the dealer before my 18-month-old reservation... frustrating!
Dealer can push priorities. I’ve seen them do it in person. They make a call and tell someone on the other end to make it a high priority. It’s a shady practice. Glad I cancelled in time.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I'm a bit late to the party here. I'm an 11/07 build week Lightning ER, also picked the Azure Gray color that seems rather popular for sight unseen orders. I have a blend date of 11/10 and that's what is reported on the Ford tracker as my in-production date. I've been on "chip hold" since 11/14 and no further from Ford or my dealership (Granger Ford, IA).

I stumbled upon a '22 mannequin a couple weeks back that I really liked and I bought that. Paid some premium, but still cheaper than 2023 pricing and no missing features. That sale is turning into another problem in itself, dealership won't release the truck to me, but hope to have that ironed out this week.

If I get that mannequin sale ironed out, I will be letting go of my order at Granger Ford. ...Granger has been great, I've bought two vehicles over the past 2 years from them. Highly recommended. Only reason I went for the mannequin I found is because it was right there at a local dealership (not Granger) and exactly what I wanted down to every option, even the smoked quartz color I originally wanted that wasn't available when I got to order a '23.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
LOL... I posted that and then I just checked my order status. It now shows as built with a 12/9 build date. That just updated within the last 2 hours. No delivery ETA.

Like I said, I've purchased another and should have that one shortly. So will probably let this one go...

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm a bit late to the party here. I'm an 11/07 build week Lightning ER, also picked the Azure Gray color that seems rather popular for sight unseen orders. I have a blend date of 11/10 and that's what is reported on the Ford tracker as my in-production date. I've been on "chip hold" since 11/14 and no further from Ford or my dealership (Granger Ford, IA).

I stumbled upon a '22 mannequin a couple weeks back that I really liked and I bought that. Paid some premium, but still cheaper than 2023 pricing and no missing features. That sale is turning into another problem in itself, dealership won't release the truck to me, but hope to have that ironed out this week.

If I get that mannequin sale ironed out, I will be letting go of my order at Granger Ford. ...Granger has been great, I've bought two vehicles over the past 2 years from them. Highly recommended. Only reason I went for the mannequin I found is because it was right there at a local dealership (not Granger) and exactly what I wanted down to every option, even the smoked quartz color I originally wanted that wasn't available when I got to order a '23.
How can you tell your truck is a mannequin? My dealer hasn’t finalized the purchase yet restricting me from using blue cruise under connected services.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
How can you tell your truck is a mannequin? My dealer hasn’t finalized the purchase yet restricting me from using blue cruise under connected services.
Mannequin (demo) trucks are just ordinary dealer stock, but Ford has them flagged in their system as a mannequin and the dealership is not able to "floor" them, meaning they can't be sold. They are supposed to be placed in the showroom and accessible for customers to sit in and check out or they can be used for test drives.

I'm learning a lot about this with my current ordeal -- bought a mannequin yet dealership won't let me have it. They made an illegal sale according to state law. This could affect their dealership licensing and have other repercussions. I haven't updated my other thread, but we have a meeting with the dealership tomorrow and it looks like they're admitting they were at fault and are going to push to cancel the sale. We're going to push the other way and tell them they have to give us the truck. Ultimately it's a stalemate unless I want to spend tons of time and money dragging it to court, which I'll probably have the truck before I get a court date. Then I'd just be whining about a couple payments I had to make along the way. It's really up to Ford to save me here. They either tell the dealership to finish it up and give me my truck or they don't. Dealership would love to give me the truck and get me off their back, but if they do, it means $25K pre-sale penalty and possibly other things they don't want. So they're going to hope I just take my money back with an apology, but I'm not playing nice on this one.

If you're in a situation where your dealership hasn't finalized the purchase, so that means you might have the truck, but you're just on on an extended test drive in a vehicle you technically own. Without blue cruise, ford pass, whatever, then they're doing the same thing to you. Just they let you have the truck so you wouldn't make a bunch of noise about it. I'm learning through this and a couple talks with ford as well as a member of the state dealership board that this is a game a lot are playing right now, not just Ford dealers with Lightnings.

You should push to get it finalized. Do you have registration and all that? If you do, then at least you can get the tax credit. But if you have registration that also means Ford is aware of the sale and released the MSO for title work so I'm not sure why your dealership wouldn't finalize everything. What does Ford say about your situation?

And this is probably not the right thread for this discussion...

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Morning 11/07.

@Trick Have not heard seen you around in a while. Any progress?

@bewbie Any updates on the truck you ordered? If you don't have any interest in tracking it anymore, could you share the VIN with me?

UserNameLocationBuild WeekBlend DateIn Production DateBuiltShippedEstimated Arrival DateArrival DateTrimBattery
asudanMT11/7/202211/7/202211/7/2022LariatER
bewbieNY11/7/202211/7/202211/7/2022LariatER
mh82ai3CO11/7/202211/9/202211/9/202211/30/202212/8/2022LariatER
TrickNJ11/7/202211/9/202211/9/2022LariatER

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Morning 11/07.

@Trick Have not heard seen you around in a while. Any progress?

@bewbie Any updates on the truck you ordered? If you don't have any interest in tracking it anymore, could you share the VIN with me?

UserNameLocationBuild WeekBlend DateIn Production DateBuiltShippedEstimated Arrival DateArrival DateTrimBattery
asudanMT11/7/202211/7/202211/7/2022LariatER
bewbieNY11/7/202211/7/202211/7/2022LariatER
mh82ai3CO11/7/202211/9/202211/9/202211/30/202212/8/2022LariatER
TrickNJ11/7/202211/9/202211/9/2022LariatER
still on chip hold.
Sponsored