• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 11/07 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Mannequin (demo) trucks are just ordinary dealer stock, but Ford has them flagged in their system as a mannequin and the dealership is not able to "floor" them, meaning they can't be sold. They are supposed to be placed in the showroom and accessible for customers to sit in and check out or they can be used for test drives.

I'm learning a lot about this with my current ordeal -- bought a mannequin yet dealership won't let me have it. They made an illegal sale according to state law. This could affect their dealership licensing and have other repercussions. I haven't updated my other thread, but we have a meeting with the dealership tomorrow and it looks like they're admitting they were at fault and are going to push to cancel the sale. We're going to push the other way and tell them they have to give us the truck. Ultimately it's a stalemate unless I want to spend tons of time and money dragging it to court, which I'll probably have the truck before I get a court date. Then I'd just be whining about a couple payments I had to make along the way. It's really up to Ford to save me here. They either tell the dealership to finish it up and give me my truck or they don't. Dealership would love to give me the truck and get me off their back, but if they do, it means $25K pre-sale penalty and possibly other things they don't want. So they're going to hope I just take my money back with an apology, but I'm not playing nice on this one.

If you're in a situation where your dealership hasn't finalized the purchase, so that means you might have the truck, but you're just on on an extended test drive in a vehicle you technically own. Without blue cruise, ford pass, whatever, then they're doing the same thing to you. Just they let you have the truck so you wouldn't make a bunch of noise about it. I'm learning through this and a couple talks with ford as well as a member of the state dealership board that this is a game a lot are playing right now, not just Ford dealers with Lightnings.

You should push to get it finalized. Do you have registration and all that? If you do, then at least you can get the tax credit. But if you have registration that also means Ford is aware of the sale and released the MSO for title work so I'm not sure why your dealership wouldn't finalize everything. What does Ford say about your situation?

And this is probably not the right thread for this discussion...
I have access to Ford Pass and the free 250kwh, but blue cruise says "activation pending"
Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I have access to Ford Pass and the free 250kwh, but blue cruise says "activation pending"
Have you talked to Ford about this? There are some fleet/delivery mode settings they're supposed to change or activate during PDI. Could just be a glitch in the system too. If you have your Ford Pass and free charging bonus, it seems that all your functions should be there.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Have you talked to Ford about this? There are some fleet/delivery mode settings they're supposed to change or activate during PDI. Could just be a glitch in the system too. If you have your Ford Pass and free charging bonus, it seems that all your functions should be there.
After contacting Ford and the dealer, it was determined that the Purchase needs to be finalized to unlock these features and have the FCSP sent to me.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
I changed to shipped status today! No ETA... Convoy shipping to DesMoines.
Great to see! I bet it's on a train with all the 12/06 build trucks that are all shipping for some reason and have no chip holds.

Sponsored

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine is BUILT status 12/15/22! Giddy up. I wonder if it can make it to Montana by the end of the year?

bowdoinhammer

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Ours had a build date of 11/11/22 so we got through that pretty quick... but it still hasn't made it's way to Maine!

Last edited:

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Morning 11/07

UserNameLocationBuild WeekBlend DateIn Production DateBuiltShippedEstimated Arrival DateArrival DateTrimBattery
asudanMT11/7/202211/7/202211/7/202212/15/2022LariatER
bewbieNY11/7/202211/7/202211/7/202212/18/2022LariatER
mh82ai3CO11/7/202211/9/202211/9/202211/30/202212/8/2022LariatER

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
One step closer! Looks like my truck may have been delivered to the dealership this evening... Have not heard from the sales staff, but the Ford tracker has shipped as checked off and I can now proceed to complete my purchase.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yep, truck has indeed arrived! Just trying to coordinate delivery in between holidays and a dealership that's a 10 hour drive away. Hahaha... That tax credit is mocking me right now.

bowdoinhammer

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
We received our Lightning last night! Great experience with our dealer!

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine is still in Detroit. Been built 9 days now.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
...The problem with buying from an out of state dealer is it's a challenge getting there in the midst of holidays. Really incompatible delivery timing for me, as I think would be the case for many of us. I'm picking it up end of next week to make sure I'm in time for the tax credits.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
...The problem with buying from an out of state dealer is it's a challenge getting there in the midst of holidays. Really incompatible delivery timing for me, as I think would be the case for many of us. I'm picking it up end of next week to make sure I'm in time for the tax credits.
Agreed. I have to travel from AZ to Montana to get mine.
Sponsored