• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 11/07 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Thanks! Mine did not come with the partitioned foldable/lockable under seat storage.......
What about power folding mirrors? There's a discrepancy between various ford literature about the folding mirrors if they're powered on the '23 or not. In some places it just says the mirrors are folding. In other places it says power folding and heated. I think they've removed the heat and power folding and didn't tidy up all the literature, nor did they bother to officially mention the heated mirror removal in the hardware change disclosure. Nor have they removed the heated and folding mirrors from the B&P or the order guide.

There is nothing to indicate in anything from Ford that they have eliminated the under-seat storage -- in fact everything still states that it's there. I've taken copies of everything saying it's there, my dealer has it preserved too. They're not too happy that it looks like it's turning up missing on the Lariats with ER 511A. It says on the B&P and order guide that it's included with 511A, so I guess they'll have to order that extra for me now too. They delivered a '23 Platinum that has it. Ford better get their collective shit together and start communicating with customers, talking solutions and retrofits. Or '23 model year is going to snowball into something they don't want to deal with. Takes some serious balls on their part to raise the Lariat ER MSRP by almost 12% from the prior year as they strip off features. And to keep removing features or changing it up without informing customers, or dealerships.

According to the latest order guide I have, which was last updated 8/1/22 for the Lariat and was current when I confirmed my order, the Partitioned Foldable Locking Storage is free-standing option 60P and only available with the Lariat 510. Not even available/possible to select with the 511A, as it's included....

They're checking into this for me. You guys getting a Lariat ER without the partitioned storage should inquire. Perhaps there's some delay and it's being shipped after the fact since it's a free-standing option you or the dealer can snap in place.

They're also looking into the powered running boards for me -- not an option at all when I confirmed my order, they just added them to the B&P and online order system within the last couple weeks it seems. Highly unlikely I can add them since the truck is already in production or mostly produced, but they're seeing what the options are. Since they've been teased as an option since the beginning always listed as late availability, but never a selectable option before.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zeus2023

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Agate Black Metallic
I do have power folding mirrors and they work great. Not sure about heated but think they are. Seats are heated. Lots of discrepancies popping up. The 8-9-22 version of the 2023 F150 BEV Order Guide that I found (on this site I think) lists the Partitioned lockable fold-flat storage 60P as an option for both the 510A and the 511A options package. The Order Guide also noted that the "
Mobile Power Cord (120V/240V) is now a standalone option instead of standard".

I wrote a "snail-mail" letter to the CEO of Ford with a list of my grievances:
1) Day 1 reservation made within minutes of the start of the "reveal" yet order date of 9-2022.
2) $8,500 price increase w/o price protection for Day 1 reservations.
3) Various features deleted w/o option to add later or with adverse impact to ordering. (Mine did come with a fully functional unheated steering wheel!!!!).
4) Almost missed 2022 delivery and $7,500 federal tax credit.
5) Mobile power cord was included at time of reservation - now $500. AND the 80 Amp L2 charger is predicted to arrive 2 weeks after purchase.
6) Various other "injustices".....

So far - crickets!!! At this point Ford has more customers than they have vehicles. And folks (like me?) keep buying. With that kind of leverage I don't expect much "sympathy" for these kind of issues.....

I will say I had an otherwise good purchase experience at my dealer, Sam Pack's Five Star Ford. No ADM and low key/low pressure purchase process. They were almost as excited as I was.

zeus2023

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Agate Black Metallic
Thanks! Early Christmas present! Good luck!

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
I do have power folding mirrors and they work great. Not sure about heated but think they are. Seats are heated. Lots of discrepancies popping up. The 8-9-22 version of the 2023 F150 BEV Order Guide that I found (on this site I think) lists the Partitioned lockable fold-flat storage 60P as an option for both the 510A and the 511A options package. The Order Guide also noted that the "
Mobile Power Cord (120V/240V) is now a standalone option instead of standard".
I missed the 8/9 order guide somehow. But the 8/1 guide still shows the partitioned storage included. My order was confirmed with Ford on Monday 8/8, as I was a roll-over to '23.

The mobile power cord has been a known $500 add-on for all '23s since before the order banks opened for the new model year. I still think this is a crappy decision, same with automatically including the Charge Station Pro on ER battery orders. Fleet customers can order without the CSP, and I think it's an $1850 credit.

I get the $8,500 private offer / price protection because my order is an unscheduled '22 order that got rolled over. So at least I have that. With the deleted features and other weirdness, I would probably have passed on ordering the Lightning if I had to pay full 2023 price.

Getting tired of waiting for my truck and my dealership is equally confused and has tried to push it along several times. I ordered back in June, didn't get scheduled for '22 and was rolled to '23. I re-confirmed my order on 8/8. Then the first week of September I had to accept/acknowledge that they needed to add the scales and smart hitch delete so my truck could be built. Then crickets for over a month. Two identical trucks to mine, down to color, that came along in wave 2 and 3 were assigned build dates while mine still had no updates.

Dealership was not happy about that either and I know they were on Ford for answers and I magically get an email saying my truck is in production. So I think the dealership and local rep may have got Ford to juggle something in their system. I went from having no build date or VIN or any info to suddenly having a truck in production with window sticker and a blend date for 10/28, which was only a day or two away at the time. The Ford tracker changed to show the truck as built on 11/2, but no date next to the "built". After a bit over a week of waiting for more info the dealership looked and no, the truck is not built, it's on chip hold like everyone else.

Meanwhile, the two identical trucks that were ordered after me are now both shipped. One should be arriving Monday. Not that it matters, they're spoken for and no sign of either buyer changing their mind. The one that should be there Monday is a wave 3 order that got assigned an 11/7 build date with an 11/9 blend and slipped through with no chip holds or other issues.

With indefinite chip hold and no ETA on my truck, I will most likely see it next year at this point. I'm still pressuring them over this and the tax credit. In reality though, my business has slowed a bunch since covid and with the market downturns and economy slowing I have significant losses this year so probably won't owe a dime in taxes. So the tax credit I was hoping for a few months ago now looks like it will be meaningless to me anyway. Maybe it makes more sense for me to take the truck in January and hope that when they finalize the new tax incentives early next year they raise the MSRP cap and I qualify/ can use it next year. Hmmm... I don't expect that to happen. I think they only thing they're still trying to finalize is whether or not to enforce the materials sourcing restrictions right away or ease into them. Imposing that right away would make GM batteries mostly ineligible as I understand.

Sorry, I know I'm ranting. Just frustrated. I'm still glad they're building and delivering trucks even if the situation is weird and features keep changing or turning up missing. My biggest fear at this point is the supply chain issues will be sorted within the next year. New tech and ground-up designs are just around the corner... These current Lightning trucks are not going to hold value. I figure they're going to age like milk.

Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
I missed the 8/9 order guide somehow. But the 8/1 guide still shows the partitioned storage included. My order was confirmed with Ford on Monday 8/8, as I was a roll-over to '23.

The mobile power cord has been a known $500 add-on for all '23s since before the order banks opened for the new model year. I still think this is a crappy decision, same with automatically including the Charge Station Pro on ER battery orders. Fleet customers can order without the CSP, and I think it's an $1850 credit.

I get the $8,500 private offer / price protection because my order is an unscheduled '22 order that got rolled over. So at least I have that. With the deleted features and other weirdness, I would probably have passed on ordering the Lightning if I had to pay full 2023 price.

Getting tired of waiting for my truck and my dealership is equally confused and has tried to push it along several times. I ordered back in June, didn't get scheduled for '22 and was rolled to '23. I re-confirmed my order on 8/8. Then the first week of September I had to accept/acknowledge that they needed to add the scales and smart hitch delete so my truck could be built. Then crickets for over a month. Two identical trucks to mine, down to color, that came along in wave 2 and 3 were assigned build dates while mine still had no updates.

Dealership was not happy about that either and I know they were on Ford for answers and I magically get an email saying my truck is in production. So I think the dealership and local rep may have got Ford to juggle something in their system. I went from having no build date or VIN or any info to suddenly having a truck in production with window sticker and a blend date for 10/28, which was only a day or two away at the time. The Ford tracker changed to show the truck as built on 11/2, but no date next to the "built". After a bit over a week of waiting for more info the dealership looked and no, the truck is not built, it's on chip hold like everyone else.

Meanwhile, the two identical trucks that were ordered after me are now both shipped. One should be arriving Monday. Not that it matters, they're spoken for and no sign of either buyer changing their mind. The one that should be there Monday is a wave 3 order that got assigned an 11/7 build date with an 11/9 blend and slipped through with no chip holds or other issues.

With indefinite chip hold and no ETA on my truck, I will most likely see it next year at this point. I'm still pressuring them over this and the tax credit. In reality though, my business has slowed a bunch since covid and with the market downturns and economy slowing I have significant losses this year so probably won't owe a dime in taxes. So the tax credit I was hoping for a few months ago now looks like it will be meaningless to me anyway. Maybe it makes more sense for me to take the truck in January and hope that when they finalize the new tax incentives early next year they raise the MSRP cap and I qualify/ can use it next year. Hmmm... I don't expect that to happen. I think they only thing they're still trying to finalize is whether or not to enforce the materials sourcing restrictions right away or ease into them. Imposing that right away would make GM batteries mostly ineligible as I understand.

Sorry, I know I'm ranting. Just frustrated. I'm still glad they're building and delivering trucks even if the situation is weird and features keep changing or turning up missing. My biggest fear at this point is the supply chain issues will be sorted within the next year. New tech and ground-up designs are just around the corner... These current Lightning trucks are not going to hold value. I figure they're going to age like milk.
i ordered back in february and i am still waiting! @Ford Motor Company is a joke. Would never recommend them to anyone

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
What about power folding mirrors? There's a discrepancy between various ford literature about the folding mirrors if they're powered on the '23 or not. In some places it just says the mirrors are folding. In other places it says power folding and heated. I think they've removed the heat and power folding and didn't tidy up all the literature, nor did they bother to officially mention the heated mirror removal in the hardware change disclosure. Nor have they removed the heated and folding mirrors from the B&P or the order guide.

There is nothing to indicate in anything from Ford that they have eliminated the under-seat storage -- in fact everything still states that it's there. I've taken copies of everything saying it's there, my dealer has it preserved too. They're not too happy that it looks like it's turning up missing on the Lariats with ER 511A. It says on the B&P and order guide that it's included with 511A, so I guess they'll have to order that extra for me now too. They delivered a '23 Platinum that has it. Ford better get their collective shit together and start communicating with customers, talking solutions and retrofits. Or '23 model year is going to snowball into something they don't want to deal with. Takes some serious balls on their part to raise the Lariat ER MSRP by almost 12% from the prior year as they strip off features. And to keep removing features or changing it up without informing customers, or dealerships.

According to the latest order guide I have, which was last updated 8/1/22 for the Lariat and was current when I confirmed my order, the Partitioned Foldable Locking Storage is free-standing option 60P and only available with the Lariat 510. Not even available/possible to select with the 511A, as it's included....

They're checking into this for me. You guys getting a Lariat ER without the partitioned storage should inquire. Perhaps there's some delay and it's being shipped after the fact since it's a free-standing option you or the dealer can snap in place.

They're also looking into the powered running boards for me -- not an option at all when I confirmed my order, they just added them to the B&P and online order system within the last couple weeks it seems. Highly unlikely I can add them since the truck is already in production or mostly produced, but they're seeing what the options are. Since they've been teased as an option since the beginning always listed as late availability, but never a selectable option before.
What is a BP?
How would one know if their mirror are heated?
Also, are you guys seeing the heated and cooled front seats?

Last edited:

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Good morning the small but mighty build group of 11/07. @asudan @bewbie @Trick I feel it in my bones. All three of you will be built this week!

UserNameLocationBuild WeekBlend DateIn Production DateBuiltShippedEstimated Arrival DateArrival DateTrimBattery
asudanMT11/7/202211/7/202211/7/2022LariatER
bewbieNY11/7/202211/7/202211/7/2022LariatER
mh82ai3CO11/7/202211/9/202211/9/202211/30/2022LariatER
TrickNJ11/7/202211/9/202211/9/2022LariatER

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
Good morning the small but mighty build group of 11/07. @asudan @bewbie @Trick I feel it in my bones. All three of you will be built this week!

UserNameLocationBuild WeekBlend DateIn Production DateBuiltShippedEstimated Arrival DateArrival DateTrimBattery
I hope you are right. Starting to cut it close on delivery!

Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red

Just spoke to Ford, still on hold. Was able to confirm that the heated steering wheel will be added back in the future via a dealership update, guess thats cool lol

carrillj

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Occupation
Government
I give up. I just contacted the dealer and inquired about a cancellation and refund. They said it would be no problem, but I want to see it in writing. Been a Ford owner all my life, but my 2017 Mustang could very well be my last purchase with them. Next up, Silverado EV. I hope they don’t let me down.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
I give up. I just contacted the dealer and inquired about a cancellation and refund. They said it would be no problem, but I want to see it in writing. Been a Ford owner all my life, but my 2017 Mustang could very well be my last purchase with them. Next up, Silverado EV. I hope they don’t let me down.
Is there a particular reason you need your deposit back now? Why don’t you just ride it out and see what happens. There are still 25 days till the end of the year.

carrillj

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang GT Convertible California Special
Occupation
Government
Is there a particular reason you need your deposit back now? Why don’t you just ride it out and see what happens. There are still 25 days till the end of the year.
I don’t need the money, but of course I don’t want to lose it either. The main problem is that the truck is still sitting on a ramp in Detroit awaiting a chip since the first week of November. There is no way especially during a holiday season that this truck will be delivered to San Diego within 3 weeks. It’s impossible at this point. To ease the pain of losing this truck was the fact that I experienced instant regret when I seen the Silverado EV in person at the LA Auto show. Even my wife and young daughter asked why I didn’t get it instead. That truck looked amazing! Good thing I’m an early reservation holder for that truck also, which was my backup plan in case the Lightning didn’t deliver as promised.
Sponsored