• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

βœ… 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Well darn....I guess I'm supposed participate in this thread cause I got kicked out of the 11/28. Ford did send me the e-mail notification a week later...Hey Taxman....How in the hell do you keep up with the musical thread adjustments... seems like a full time job....hope your Harleys aren't being neglected LOL.
Cheers
It was rough through the summer, but I restricted my time to early morning to do the daily sweeps, then as time permitted reviews of the build week threads for everyone's reports.

I still put 6000+ miles on the Street Glide and 15 passes on the drag bike, sadly, I am still waiting on replacement parts since mid June, hopefully the Destroyer will be ready for the 2023 race season!!

Now that the MY22 trucks are nearing completion, I leave MY23 reporting and analysis in the hands of the next generation.
Sponsored

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Just got the email that I’m in with you guys

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Things are getting real. Who knew hitting F5 a few hundred times a day since august would work. Well, sorta, since It looks like we just got screwed out of the $7500 22 tax rebate. Nevertheless I see that train light at the end of the tunnel coming at me.

Now I have to figure out how to do all the other useless things I can do before delivery to track the progress. Is there a "how to stalk a lightning for dummies" post someone has a link to?

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I'm now part of this group, which is super-frustrating for a different reason than usual.

I got scheduled because, according to my dealer, Ford removed the onboard scales from my order. That now means my truck will likely arrive (1) without an option that I really wanted, (2) before my state's sales tax credit comes into effect on July 1, but (3) after the old federal credit expires on new year's day. A triple whammy.

If only @Ford Motor Company would let us pick up in Detroit by 12/31.

Just picture it: A huge photo op in front of the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center with all the super-elated Ford customers who just saved up to $7500 (less travel costs to Detroit) by picking up their trucks in 2022, right next to the Ford executive(s) who just saved the company transportation costs on each truck picked up at the factory!

Santa hats and eggnog optional, according to everyone's personal preference. :)

I'm game if you are.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm now part of this group, which is super-frustrating for a different reason than usual.

I got scheduled because, according to my dealer, Ford removed the onboard scales from my order. That now means my truck will likely arrive (1) without an option that I really wanted, (2) before my state's sales tax credit comes into effect on July 1, but (3) after the old federal credit expires on new year's day. A triple whammy.

If only @Ford Motor Company would let us pick up in Detroit by 12/31.

Just picture it: A huge photo op in front of the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center with all the super-elated Ford customers who just saved up to $7500 (less travel costs to Detroit) by picking up their trucks in 2022, right next to the Ford executive(s) who just saved the company transportation costs on each truck picked up at the factory!

Santa hats and eggnog optional, according to everyone's personal preference. :)

I'm game if you are.
An awesome dream. Nevertheless only a dream. There is nothing in it for Ford or the dealers.

Dammit, I forgot about getting screwed on the state Tax, you are shortening the height my hi from getting scheduled .

On top of that, I am having trouble getting my dealer to put in writing they won't mess with my $7K cash offer. It is like the world is in on increasing uncertainty and chaos just to mess with us.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I got scheduled because, according to my dealer, Ford removed the onboard scales from my order.
This is pretty common knowledge. Ford had been building and shipping without scales for some time now. Was this news to you that the onboard scales delete was required? Otherwise your truck just would've never been scheduled.

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Things are getting real. Who knew hitting F5 a few hundred times a day since august would work. Well, sorta, since It looks like we just got screwed out of the $7500 22 tax rebate. Nevertheless I see that train light at the end of the tunnel coming at me.

Now I have to figure out how to do all the other useless things I can do before delivery to track the progress. Is there a "how to stalk a lightning for dummies" post someone has a link to?
i added the car to my ford app. Window sticker doesn’t come till closer to build date

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
An awesome dream. Nevertheless only a dream. There is nothing in it for Ford or the dealers.

Dammit, I forgot about getting screwed on the state Tax, you are shortening the height my hi from getting scheduled .

On top of that, I am having trouble getting my dealer to put in writing they won't mess with my $7K cash offer. It is like the world is in on increasing uncertainty and chaos just to mess with us.
what did you get? I got a pro with 9.6 kw and tailgate step

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
This is pretty common knowledge. Ford had been building and shipping without scales for some time now. Was this news to you that the onboard scales delete was required? Otherwise your truck just would've never been scheduled.
When we ordered, Pro trims were quoted for "autumn 2023" delivery, and it was possible to either click or not click onboard scales removal in the ordering site. (See @BennyTheBeaver Posts Nos. 21, 22, and 24 here: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/2023-pro-production.11977/post-254365)

I talked to Ford, and they said it would be unscheduled while the commodity constraint remained in place. So, since the Ford indicated they were not going to build my Pro anytime soon, I left the scales in place, hoping they would come back for Job 2 trucks, which is what I expected retail Pro orders were going to be.

When Ford then started building retail Pro orders early, I let everyone know. @BennyTheBeaver was very excited by that news. (See Posts Nos. 32 & 33 here: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/2023-pro-production.11977/post-259709)

I still left the scales in place, hoping I would be a Job 2 truck that would arrive when my state's EV credit came into effect in 2H'23. I figured that was a better bet than Ford building and delivering my truck by 12/31 if I deleted the scales. (See the rest of the above thread and https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/just-got-production-date.12196/post-258705)

So, no, not news to me.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
So your issue is you were purposely leaving the scales on, trying to delay your build date, and Ford removed them for you and scheduled you?

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Benny, my man. I'm just sayin...

For you, me, Ford, it has been a bit of a rollercoaster trying to make plans and manage expectations. For me:

Up when I made my reservation 5 minutes after Jim Farley said reservations were open.

Down when I realized that the order banks had opened earlier than that, and the flippers had already snatched up the early reservations.

Up when I realized the next morning that I was still in the first 10,000 reservations.

Down when I realized that ordering was not strictly in reservation time stamp order.

Up when I realized my dealer kept its reservations in time stamp order.

Down when, as a MY 2022 Wave 2 invitee, I could not order a Pro.

Up when I learned that I would be in Wave 1 for MY 2023 and finally get my Pro.

Down when I learned that prices were going up.

Up when I learned I would get a private offer from Ford eliminating the price increase.

Down when I learned that my Pro would not arrive until "autumn 2023," and that I would miss out on the original federal tax credit.

Up when I realized that my state had a sales tax credit that would come into effect in summer 2023.

Down when I realized the scales were not going to be available for Job 1 trucks.

Up when I realized that the ordering system still allowed me to select the scales, giving me hope that they would be available for the "autumn 2023" Pro trucks.

Down when I realized that "autumn 2023" was not accurate, and I might have lost my shot at the original federal credit by opting to keep the scales.

Up when I realized having the scales on my order at least gave me some control over when my truck might be built, so I might be able to ensure I got the state credit.

Down when I saw the second price increase on the Pro.

Up when I learned there was price protection for that increase, too.

AND ... today ... down when I realized that Ford removed the scales from my order, and scheduled my truck, delivering the aforementioned triple whammy.

Just sharing my journey.

And, maybe, just maybe, hoping that some inspired/inspiring @Ford Motor Company representative is perusing the forums, and says: "Yeah, it has been a rough ride at times. Why not do one last [winter holiday of your choice] miracle delivery in Detroit in late December to give some of our most enthusiastic and patient customers a shot at that $7500 credit." :)

Let's just take in the moment, and leave it at that.

Last edited:

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Sorry, @Maxx. If it makes you feel better, you did the same for me. I didn't know about the "Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal" until I read your other post.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry, @Maxx. If it makes you feel better, you did the same for me. I didn't know about the "Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal" until I read your other post.
Thanks. It always helps knowing I have caused another human being some pain ;)
Sponsored